+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Re: Auction League Questions

Sax, I promise I'll be more committed to this league once we draft in the other league. I think I've kinda figured it out...maybe. At least I have a stadium, which I don't understand the importance for.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by YanksRockMan View Post
    Sax, I promise I'll be more committed to this league once we draft in the other league. I think I've kinda figured it out...maybe. At least I have a stadium, which I don't understand the importance for.
    I believe the dimensions when you draft appropriately assist in determining the FP bonus of a player suited to the environment.

Devoted Member

I wish I had more time to study all the rules, this seems so complex. I will suck major balls in this league.

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
    I wish I had more time to study all the rules, this seems so complex. I will suck major balls in this league.
    At least most of you are starting out new at the same time - Lord help anyone that starts out new next year when all you guys will be seasoned vets.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
    Seriously, after the first few bids go in, it all becomes a lot clearer.

The first player has hit the market (as the first GM in the bidding, Jon Lester was top of my First Offer Queue). My bid got submitted, and anyone else who had saved a bid for Lester automatically had it entered too. Lester will take the best bid in 48 hours from now, but in that time, anyone who already bid and has at least one bid remaining can bid again, or anyone who hasn't bid on him can enter the bidding.

I won't tell you what color Lester is to me (i.e. if I'm winning, losing, or 'competitive') or how many bids I have left, as there's a competitive advantage element. The color will change if my status changes due to my bids or anyone else's. I can also see how many other teams are bidding on him, but not what their bids actually are, because my GM rating isn't high enough. Let me know if any of this isn't clear - the best way to see the overview of the players that you're looking at is Free Agency Blitz/Team Planner.

The stadium isn't that important, but it does impact gameplay, and it's kind of cool too.

After 10 minutes, the next player hits the market - it's Gallardo. I didn't have him on my list of bids, so I don't get a color against him, and I can't see how many other teams are bidding on him. But I can jump in if I decide I want to enter the bidding - there's a green plus by his name on the Team Planner. 7 minutes until the next player hits!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

So Manny retired...he's on my team. Wonder how this is handled....

NYYF Legend

So yeah - what are my options with Manny? Doesn't seem right that I have to waive him and pay him...

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan View Post
    So Manny retired...he's on my team. Wonder how this is handled....
    From the manual:
    Note that if a player that you signed retires in "real-life" he will sit on your roster for the duration of his contract and will continue to collect a salary. You can, however, release him and only be on the hook for 50% of his remaining salary. As such, it can be dangerous to offer aging veterans long term contracts.

NYYF Legend

THAT blows.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

You could also demote him to the minors, but you would still be paying his full contract. He just opens a spot on the 25-man roster

Thread Information