+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Is There a Way To Edit Thread Titles

I've been guilty of submitting threads before I've proofed them.
    A mistake in the body of post can be edited by me, yet the thread title can't to my knowledge.

Is there a way to do so?
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Re: Is There a Way To Edit Thread Titles

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    I've been guilty of submitted threads before I've proofed them.
    A mistake in the body of post can me edited, yet the thread title can't to my knowledge.

Is there a way to do so?
    Not sure, but I think the rule is you can edit the title for up to ten minutes after its created. Like you can just change where it says "Is There a Way To Edit Thread Titles" and change it to whatever you want.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

NYYF Legend

Actually, I just mistakenly submitted a thread twice in the NFL Subforum. I'll be interested in the answer to this, and if any mods see this thread, please delete the Super Bowl Over Under Thread without the poll attached.

I know I must have clicked somthig in error, but I really have no idea how that happened.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Not sure, but I think the rule is you can edit the title for up to ten minutes after its created. Like you can just change where it says "Is There a Way To Edit Thread Titles" and change it to whatever you want.
    I don't know about 10 minutes, but there definitely is a time limit. I was able to change a thread title a little while later, but then tried to edit the title again the next AM and couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by stevethesoxfan
    I don't know about 10 minutes, but there definitely is a time limit. I was able to change a thread title a little while later, but then tried to edit the title again the next AM and couldn't.
    Yeah, it's something like that, maybe 15 minutes. I could go check, but I'm too lazy .
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

From what I know of this software, only a Mod or Admin can edit a thread title after a certain amount of time.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Thread Information