+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Regular

mike vento signed, i dig that

January 4, 2005 - The Clippers right fielder Michael Vento signed a minor league contract with the New York Yankees. Vento hit .273 with 28 doubles, 15 home runs and 73 RBI while hitting cleanup for the Western Division Champions. Michael came up to the Clippers on June 5, 2003. He hit .304 with 14 doubles and 5 home runs and 31 RBI during the second half of the season. Vento signed with the Yankees off the Santa Ana Junior College (California) campus after being selected in the 40th round of the 1997 draft.
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=4][FONT=Impact]season ticket holder for our columbus clippers[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] and future of some other team..RIP YANKS IN OHIO...kjamidon

NYYF Legend

Re: mike vento signed, i dig that

Mike deserves another shot in the Yankee org, I wish him the best.

Forum Regular

the kid can play and he should be on a ML roster somewhere, i hope this is his last year with the clipper, hope he gets called up this year--kj
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=4][FONT=Impact]season ticket holder for our columbus clippers[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] and future of some other team..RIP YANKS IN OHIO...kjamidon

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

this is a pleasant surprise!

I like how he goes about his business.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

NYYF Legend

He has a rough job ahead of him getting a shot. Especially if Sierra and Beltran are signed. But even without Beltran, it will be tough for Mike.

However, I have to believe that he received some promises of a fair look during ST, otherwise he should have tried another organization.

Thread Information