+ Reply to Thread
    Looking ahead to 2009... RIyankee's Avatar

The NFL: Week# 18

WEEK 17
    Sunday, Jan. 2
    Cincinnati at Philadelphia, 1:00 p.m.
    Cincy ends the season on the upswing as there is hope for 2005.
    Bengals 23-17

Cleveland at Houston, 1:00 p.m.
    The Texans defense finally came around but it's been too little, too late. The honeymoon will end for Houston at the conclusion of this game. Next year anything short of a playoff berth would be seen as a disappointment. As for the Browns, Nick Saban went to the Dolphins and Scott Pioli has stated that he intends to honor his contract with the Patriots. This team needs some serious direction.
    Texans 31-17

Detroit at Tennessee, 1:00 p.m.
    The Lions biggest offseason question: Is Joey Harrington the right QB for the future? As for the Titans, their cap situation will force this team to rebuild. If Jeff Fisher is let go there will be a slew of teams looking to acquire his services.
    Titans 38-20

Green Bay at Chicago, 1:00 p.m.
    Green Bay can relax, for now. If Rex is for real, the Bears will be heard in 2005.
    Bears 20-17

Miami at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.
    Don't let the strong finish fool you. The Dolphins need plenty of fixing. The Ravens and Kyle Boller need a big season in 2005 or this team will continue to decline. The Ravens can only get in the postseason with a win and a Buffalo loss and a Denver loss and a Jacksonville loss or tie.
    Dolphins 17-13

Minnesota at Washington, 1:00 p.m.
    If I'm Dan Snyder, I wouldn't count on Patrick Ramsey to be my QB for 2005. The Vikings need to win or tie this game or have either the Rams or Panthers lose or tie to clinch a Wild Card. Big game + Vikings = loss.
    Redskins 27-24

New Orleans at Carolina, 1:00 p.m.
    The playoffs begin a week early for these two teams. The Saints need the following to happen: win this game and have either St. Louis lose or tie or have Seattle win or tie and a Minnesota win or tie. For Carolina to get a Wild Card berth: win this game and either a Minnesota loss or a Seattle win or tie or a Rams loss or tie or the Panthers can tie this game and have the Rams lose or tie. Get that? The Saints have looked a bit better than Carolina over the last month.
    Saints 34-27

N.Y. Jets at St. Louis, 1:00 p.m.
    The Rams clinch the NFC West with a win and a Seattle loss or can clinch a Wild Card with a win and either a Minnesota loss or if the Saints vs. Panthers game end in a tie. The Jets can clinch a Wild Card seed with a win. If they lose, the only way teh Jets get in is by a Buffalo loss or tie or a Denver loss or tie. Memo to the Jets: win this game or else.
    Jets 28-17

Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.
    The Steelers can rest for this game courtesy of the Dolphins. The Bills will need a win plus a Jets loss or a Denver loss or tie. Buffalo can also get in with a tie and a Denver loss.
    Bills 17-13

San Francisco at New England, 1:00 p.m.
    The Pats will win this game for the home crowd. Who know's where Dennis Erickson will end up after this season? The 49ers are a mess.
    Patriots 38-3

Atlanta at Seattle, 4:05 p.m.
    Atlanta begins their 3 week bye. That's good news for Seattle who can clinch the NFC West with a win or tie or a Rams loss or tie. Seattle has already clinched a playoff berth.
    Seahawks 31-10

Tampa Bay at Arizona, 4:05 p.m.
    The Bucs have too many malcontents and need to rebuild. Arizona needs a franchise QB that will make the Cards fans forget Ben Rothlisberger.
    Cardinals 24-10

Indianapolis at Denver, 4:15 p.m.
    The Colts have clinched the #3 seed and have nothing to play for. Denver needs the following to happen to get a Wild Card berth: a win or a tie and a Buffalo loss or tie or a Buffalo loss and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Jacksonville loss or tie.
    Broncos 35-17

Jacksonville at Oakland, 4:15 p.m.
    The Gaguars can clinch an AFC playoff berth with a win and a Buffalo loss and a Denver loss. The Jags offense needs to play better for next season. If Oakland can retain WR Jerry Porter and get a RB, this offense would be potent. Unfortunately, their defense is a collection of overpaid, aging, and/or overrated players. Much work needs to be done in this area.
    Raiders 30-24

Kansas City at San Diego, 4:15 p.m.
    The Chiefs will be making plenty of roster changes on defense. The Chargers are on a bye.
    Chiefs 31-23

Dallas at N.Y. Giants, 8:30 p.m.
    This is the Giants best chance to win. Kurt Waner wants to leave the Giants. I'm sure the Giants are heartbroken. Dallas should keep their options open at QB rather than settle on Drew Henson for next season.
    Giants 20-16

2004 *** HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! *** 2005
    Last edited by RIyankee; 12-30-04 at 04:25 PM.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://junkscience.com/"]Junk Science[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Re: The NFL: Week# 18

What, no predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulish29
    What, no predictions?

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RIyankee
    WEEK 17
    Green Bay at Chicago, 1:00 p.m.
    Green Bay can relax, for now. If Rex is for real, the Bears will be heard in 2005.
    Bears 20-17
    I thought Rex would show us a thing or two this season, so I was really sad to see him go down.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

I meant week #17 not 18.

Oops!

NYYF Legend

I meant week #17 not 18.

Oops!
    I understand! Hey, if it was up to me, the NFL regular season would last about 21 weeks!!!

Now then, although my Packers (predicted by Natadamus to go 3-13) have the #3 Seed locked up, I want to see My Team kick some Bear Ass! Losing twice to these clowns in one season is unacceptable. Losing twice to these clowns in one decade is unacceptable. Know why????

How many times must we take this disgrace
    Another Bears fan throwing insults in our face
    The Packers are the greatest team to ever play the game
    Even if from time to time they've been a little lame

How could you ever love a team with Jim McMahon
    Not even Porky Pig was as big a ham
    They got a reputation that's mostly based on luck
    The Bears…Still…Suck

The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
    They really really really really really really suck
    Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

If you drive to Soldier Field they make you pay a toll
    For cripes sake they only won one lousy Super Bowl
    They make fun of Wisconsin, but we don't get upset
    Where do you think that they're all headed every chance they get

We don't really hold a grudge 'cause this is all in fun
    As far as football rivalries we're both number one
    Still we wouldn't mind seeing Ditka run over by a truck
    'Cause the Bears…Still…Suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(All the ladies now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
    Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(Everybody now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck
    Yes the Bears…Still…Suck…HEY !!

NYYF HOF

WEEK 17
    Sunday, Jan. 2
    Miami at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.
    Don't let the strong finish fool you. The Dolphins need plenty of fixing. The Ravens and Kyle Boller need a big season in 2005 or this team will continue to decline. The Ravens can only get in the postseason with a win and a Buffalo loss and a Denver loss and a Jacksonville loss or tie.
    Dolphins 17-13

N.Y. Jets at St. Louis, 1:00 p.m.
    The Rams clinch the NFC West with a win and a Seattle loss or can clinch a Wild Card with a win and either a Minnesota loss or if the Saints vs. Panthers game end in a tie. The Jets can clinch a Wild Card seed with a win. If they lose, the only way teh Jets get in is by a Buffalo loss or tie or a Denver loss or tie. Memo to the Jets: win this game or else.
    Jets 28-17

Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.
    The Steelers can rest for this game courtesy of the Dolphins. The Bills will need a win plus a Jets loss or a Denver loss or tie. Buffalo can also get in with a tie and a Denver loss.
    Bills 17-13

Indianapolis at Denver, 4:15 p.m.
    The Colts have clinched the #3 seed and have nothing to play for. Denver needs the following to happen to get a Wild Card berth: a win or a tie and a Buffalo loss or tie or a Buffalo loss and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Jacksonville loss or tie.
    Broncos 35-17

Jacksonville at Oakland, 4:15 p.m.
    The Gaguars can clinch an AFC playoff berth with a win and a Buffalo loss and a Denver loss. The Jags offense needs to play better for next season. If Oakland can retain WR Jerry Porter and get a RB, this offense would be potent. Unfortunately, their defense is a collection of overpaid, aging, and/or overrated players. Much work needs to be done in this area.
    Raiders 30-24
    I'm liking the Bills score (Go Bills Go) and the Oakland score, I do believe however that the Jets will lose to the Rams, I also think the Broncos will lose to the Colts thereby allowing the Bills to go into the playoffs where they will obviously win out and go to the superbowl as they are really far superior to the Patriots and were just lulling them into thinking they were better when they got beat twice; but OUR REVENGE IS AT HAND.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

After last week you can only improve mark...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast
    I'm liking the Bills score (Go Bills Go) and the Oakland score, I do believe however that the Jets will lose to the Rams, I also think the Broncos will lose to the Colts thereby allowing the Bills to go into the playoffs where they will obviously win out and go to the superbowl as they are really far superior to the Patriots and were just lulling them into thinking they were better when they got beat twice; but OUR REVENGE IS AT HAND.

if the Jets lose this week and miss the playoffs....it will cap a disastrous 2004 sports year for me (the Yanks choke job...the continual ineptitude of the Knicks and Rangers...another lackluster year for Notre Dame Football...and now a typical "Same Old Jets" choke job)

really there is no reason they shouldnt win....the Rams arent a good team....their defense blows, the Jets O should be able to put up close to 30 points on this team....the Rams O line is decimated and our D line should have a field day

I've seen this script in past years....the Jets falling apart late in the year...but we have won 2 "win or go home" games under Herm in 2001 and 2002....here's hoping we make it 3

WEEK 17
    Minnesota at Washington, 1:00 p.m.
    If I'm Dan Snyder, I wouldn't count on Patrick Ramsey to be my QB for 2005. The Vikings need to win or tie this game or have either the Rams or Panthers lose or tie to clinch a Wild Card. Big game + Vikings = loss.
    Redskins 27-24

New Orleans at Carolina, 1:00 p.m.
    The playoffs begin a week early for these two teams. The Saints need the following to happen: win this game and have either St. Louis lose or tie or have Seattle win or tie and a Minnesota win or tie. For Carolina to get a Wild Card berth: win this game and either a Minnesota loss or a Seattle win or tie or a Rams loss or tie or the Panthers can tie this game and have the Rams lose or tie. Get that? The Saints have looked a bit better than Carolina over the last month.
    Saints 34-27

Dallas at N.Y. Giants, 8:30 p.m.
    This is the Giants best chance to win. Kurt Waner wants to leave the Giants. I'm sure the Giants are heartbroken. Dallas should keep their options open at QB rather than settle on Drew Henson for next season.
    Giants 20-16
    Jems of the week. Big games, they'll be real fun to follow. That Panthers-Saints game should be a great, great game.

GO GIANTS GO!

i love houstan, david carr is the most underrated quaterback in the league

NYYF Legend

I'm glad you picked the Jets, it's a smart pick. When the Jets are facing a team you just have to look where that team ranks in rushing defense. If they are in the lower tier, the Jets will win the game.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I'm glad you picked the Jets, it's a smart pick. When the Jets are facing a team you just have to look where that team ranks in rushing defense. If they are in the lower tier, the Jets will win the game.
    I'm pretty sure the Jets will win. But That guy the Rams drafted this year is looking like he could be a stud.

Thread Information