+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar

First Place Knicks!!!

Okay, I know we're 5-5 and in the worst division in basketball...but after the last few years of darkness it just felt good to say. Maybe in 5 years when we shed all of these bad contracts we won't just be a paper tiger. Maybe I'll get to see the Knicks win a championship in my lifetime...

Or not.
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

NYYF Legend

Re: First Place Knicks!!!

Originally posted by IntangiblesRule
    Okay, I know we're 5-5 and in the worst division in basketball...but after the last few years of darkness it just felt good to say. Maybe in 5 years when we shed all of these bad contracts we won't just be a paper tiger. Maybe I'll get to see the Knicks win a championship in my lifetime...

Or not.
    I doubt it man but i'm hoping hard that that's the case.

If they were to keep the team intact... could be looking at a VETERAN PRESENCE in starbury... SG in his prime in crawford... ariza(20 lbs heavier)... sweetney, an established big forward... i mean.. nice

NYYF Legend

The only thing the Knicks are missing right now is a good center. I'm not sold at all on Mohammed.

Originally posted by JfromJersey
    The only thing the Knicks are missing right now is a good center. I'm not sold at all on Mohammed.
    Mohammed is far from our weakest postition. TT is.

Hope they get Carter
    "Hitting the ball was easy. Running around the bases was the tough part" - Mickey Mantle

Originally posted by NYYRocket
    Hope they get Carter
    If they could get him for TT that would be great. Let Carter, Houston, Marbury, and Crawford form a 4 man rotation.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by nickzcool51

Mohammed is far from our weakest postition. TT is.
    Yeah, but he (along with Mohammed) had a very solid game last night. Maybe he's about to turn it around...
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Isiah has really turned things around drastically in 1 season

if there was only a way to get rid of Houston....he is the last albatross remaining from the Layden era

i think we are winning this division....the only thing we really need is a center (Mohammed is more of a PF in my mind).....and a guy who can play shutdown defense and bring the team an edge (Artest)

I think we're probably the 3rd best team in the east right now behind Miami and Detroit. Indiana's suspensions killed them.

I'm really starting to like Mohammed, he can finish inside and is a great offensive rebounder. There isn't a real good center available, I like Mohammed more than Eddy Curry. I would probably take Zo over him, but Zo's contract has not been waved yet. TT is by far our weakest link, that being said, having Starbury, Crawford, and Houston on the floor together will be pretty electric. But will Wilkens try Crawford or Houston at small forward? My guess is he won't start all three but end up playing them together a lot. The Knicks were starting to look good though, before that thrashing last night. Mohammed was fantastic again though, with 25 points and 14 rebounds, including 7 offensive.

It's kinda sad (and pathetic) that the east has gotten so weak that a team can be under .500 and be in first place...
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

Originally posted by Coney36
    It's kinda sad (and pathetic) that the east has gotten so weak that a team can be under .500 and be in first place...
    Yup. And I wouldn't get my hopes up. Isiah is making this team mediocre for years to come. Yeah, they're better than they were a year ago, but they won't compete with the big boys. And Stephon Marbury is not a winner.

It's amazing to me that the Knicks would hire Isiah after he bankrupted the CBA and got fired from Indiana....

Are the Dolans still in charge? That could be why Isiah was hired. They're assclowns who don't know their asses from their elbows and have run both the Knicks and Rangers into the ground....

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar
    Originally posted by NYYRocket
    Hope they get Carter

Vince Carter will lead no team anywhere. Despite his talent, he is soft, and cannot LEAD. To me, he is overrated and has declined since the year he beat the Knicks in 01.
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!
    if there was only a way to get rid of Houston....he is the last albatross remaining from the Layden era
    Houston is constantly injured. He makes me sick. It is surprising to see they are in 1st place. But the Knicks have let me down so many years in a row that I am not getting too excited about them yet and their week division and Conference.

I went to today's game. I am a perfect 3-0 at MSG. Of course I've only been there in 1994, 2003 and today. But still...I bring them good luck

6-6 and in first place!
    Rich

Jamal Crawford is friggin awesome

Originally posted by hobokenfish

Yup. And I wouldn't get my hopes up. Isiah is making this team mediocre for years to come. Yeah, they're better than they were a year ago, but they won't compete with the big boys. And Stephon Marbury is not a winner.

It's amazing to me that the Knicks would hire Isiah after he bankrupted the CBA and got fired from Indiana....
    how is marbury not a winner ?

Originally posted by SheffMVP11
    Jamal Crawford is friggin awesome
    He did very well today.

What I don't understand is why the Knicks set up plays around Kurt Thomas He can't really shoot.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by hobokenfish

Allan Houston and his contract are what's stopping the Knicks from getting guys like T-Mac, Shaq, and any other top 5 player in the league. We are doomed to be a good team with no chance for a chip unless Isaiah can bring us Pistons type depth and concentration on defense. To win in this league you either have top 5 talent or depth, and it looks like we are going after depth.
    Dem ol' grimy Jets...

Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar
    Originally posted by StaceyRosie
    I went to today's game. I am a perfect 3-0 at MSG. Of course I've only been there in 1994, 2003 and today. But still...I bring them good luck
    Sample size is too small If you get to like 10-0 I might have to consider buying you season tickets...
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

Originally posted by StaceyRosie

He did very well today.

What I don't understand is why the Knicks set up plays around Kurt Thomas He can't really shoot.
    Are you serious? Did you see the Rockets game? He seemed to hit every shot he took and was pivitol in the come back. He's got a great mid range jumper.

Agreed, Thomas is an excellent midrange shooter. Him and Steph running the pick and roll is just beautiful.

Hey he wasn't looking that good taking certain shots yesterday. Makeable shots. That's all I was saying. Calm down.

Originally posted by donniesrecordholdsup

how is marbury not a winner ?
    Just look at his career. And if he really cared about winning, he never would have left Minnesota.

Thread Information