+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Originally posted by dabomb2045

I dont know if thats fair....the only year they should have won was 2002

they were the best team in the league....had homecourt....really outplayed the Lakers in the Conf Finals....and due to a lucky Horry shot in Game 4....a ton of missed FT's and some shoddy offensive possessions late in Game 7 caused them to lose...they did choke

but the other years....they should have lost....they lost to a better TWolves team last year (the Wolves had homecourt...the Kings had Webber at about 50 percent...and almost won anyways)....2003 they would have beaten Dallas and given the Spurs a challenge but Webber gets hurt and they lose to Dallas in 7
    The series w/ Horry had to be especially painful.. the refs blew that series for them. I guess when u look at it the Knicks are probably the most ridden w/ bad luck.. w/ the whole jordan thing... the reggie thing.. the hakeem thing... the charles smith thing... the missed finger roll thing... did i mention the reggie thing?

I miss Larry Johnson

Originally posted by chanman7483

The series w/ Horry had to be especially painful.. the refs blew that series for them. I guess when u look at it the Knicks are probably the most ridden w/ bad luck.. w/ the whole jordan thing... the reggie thing.. the hakeem thing... the charles smith thing... the missed finger roll thing... did i mention the reggie thing?

I miss Larry Johnson

See, even I know how it feels to be a Red Sox fan.

Game 7 - 1992 @ CHI - Lose by 30
    Game 5 - 1993 vs. CHI - Charles Smith
    Game 7 - 1994 @ HOU - Starks 2 for 18 and Knicks lose the title
    Game 7 - 1995 vs. IND - Ewing missed finger-roll to win the series
    Game 4 - 1996 vs. CHI - Starks falsely called for traveling on a made 3 point shot that would have given the Knicks the lead with 1 min to go that would have tied the series at 2 apiece. Bulls go on to win the game and the series.
    Game 5,6,7 - 1997 vs. MIA - The Fight

There's a few others, but those are six examples over a course of 6 straight years. I've come to expect the worst in the big moment.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

NYYF Legend

now the question is, what have we done to deserve this?(i'm a huge knicks fan btw)... just dind't realize the extent of our curse-ness until just now.....

NYYF Legend

also, i realized that i've only experienced one "holy ................!" moment in my knicks life.. when LJ made the 4 point play... allan houston's runner aginst miami was up there too.. but nothing like LJ, when i punched a hole in the ceiling with my head(basement ceiling is only about 6.5 feet high and is tiled)

NYYF Legend

lost in all of this is the fact that tim thomas has 9 assists on the season... this coming from someone who is supposed to be a very versatile player.

lost in all of this is the fact that tim thomas has 9 assists on the season... this coming from someone who is supposed to be a very versatile player.

Tim Thomas is a disgrace to basketball. Plain and simple.

now the question is, what have we done to deserve this?(i'm a huge knicks fan btw)... just dind't realize the extent of our curse-ness until just now.....

Maybe the curse of Bernard King.

Or, the curse of Pat Riley changing the way basketball is played forever.

The Curse of Ewing.

----

Those are just a few thoughts.

NYYF Legend

I'm going to go w/ "Pat Riley ruining basketball as we know it"

Originally posted by knickfan23

Maybe the curse of Bernard King.

Or, the curse of Pat Riley changing the way basketball is played forever.

The Curse of Ewing.

----

Those are just a few thoughts.
    It's the curse of the whole cheating thing to get Ewing as a lottery pick.

Originally posted by knickfan23

See, even I know how it feels to be a Red Sox fan.

Game 7 - 1992 @ CHI - Lose by 30
    Game 5 - 1993 vs. CHI - Charles Smith
    Game 7 - 1994 @ HOU - Starks 2 for 18 and Knicks lose the title
    Game 7 - 1995 vs. IND - Ewing missed finger-roll to win the series
    Game 4 - 1996 vs. CHI - Starks falsely called for traveling on a made 3 point shot that would have given the Knicks the lead with 1 min to go that would have tied the series at 2 apiece. Bulls go on to win the game and the series.
    Game 5,6,7 - 1997 vs. MIA - The Fight

There's a few others, but those are six examples over a course of 6 straight years. I've come to expect the worst in the big moment.

for me the most painful ones were 93-94-97.....

92 we were an upstart team that nobody expected to hang with the Bulls...we won Game 6 due to a miraculous performance by Ewing playing on one knee....but got blownout in Game 7 that I honestly expected

93 hurt ALOT....we won 60 games...had homecourt....and so throughly outplayed the Bulls in Games 1 and 2....got blownout in Game 3....Jordan torched us for 54 in Game 4....then the infamous Game 5....how a foul wasnt called on Pippen/Jordan/Grant on Smith in the end of Game 5 has gotta be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen....we SHOULD have beaten the Bulls that year....we win Game 5....we prob lose game 6 but comeback for a Game 7 at MSG....

94 also hurt alot.....simply cuz we were 1 win away from a title and let it slip away....Starks was amazing in Game 6....but foolishly took a 3 with Hakeem in his grill instead of passing off to a wide-open Ewing for a open 12 footer that would have sent it to OT......Game 7 was a joke....Starks shot 2-18 and yet we still were in the game all the way until the last 30 seconds....if Starks stops shooting/Riley pulls him....we are world champs

95 was embarassing....Ewing missed the fingerroll....that was just shocking more then anything else....didnt bother me nearly as much as 93-94 cuz the Magic would have beaten us rather easily in the Conf Finals...they were alot better that year

96 nobody was beating the Bulls that year....I was happy that the Knicks were the 1 team that really gave them any kind of scare (and btw Starks DID travel on that phantom 3)

97 just made me mad.....I contend to this day that the 97 Knicks were the BEST team we had in the 90s.....I know the 93-94 teams won more games....but if you can remember how well the 97 team as playing down the stretch....and how EASILY they waxed Charlotte in the 1st round....and how they dominated Miami thru the first 4 games.....you still had a dominant Ewing....Starks off the bench....LJ and Houston after struggling to fit in for 3/4 of the regular season had finally meshed with the rest of the team.....that team was clicking on all cylinders and was playing better then any Knick team I can remember.....we lost Game 5 in Miami and even with that we would have went home for Game 6 and won easily and setup another series with the Bulls....but then we had "the fight".....started by that punk PJ Brown....and the NBA decided to make an example out of the Knicks and suspended our best players....even with no Houston or Ewing in Game 6 it took a comeback by Miami to win that game....and then they killed us in Game 7.....like I said to this day I believe the 97 Knicks were the best team we had in the 90s....and they were playing as well as any Knick team in the playoffs Ive seen.....we would have had a GREAT chance to beat the Bulls in the East Finals

for me the most painful ones were 93-94-97.....

92 we were an upstart team that nobody expected to hang with the Bulls...we won Game 6 due to a miraculous performance by Ewing playing on one knee....but got blownout in Game 7 that I honestly expected

93 hurt ALOT....we won 60 games...had homecourt....and so throughly outplayed the Bulls in Games 1 and 2....got blownout in Game 3....Jordan torched us for 54 in Game 4....then the infamous Game 5....how a foul wasnt called on Pippen/Jordan/Grant on Smith in the end of Game 5 has gotta be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen....we SHOULD have beaten the Bulls that year....we win Game 5....we prob lose game 6 but comeback for a Game 7 at MSG....

94 also hurt alot.....simply cuz we were 1 win away from a title and let it slip away....Starks was amazing in Game 6....but foolishly took a 3 with Hakeem in his grill instead of passing off to a wide-open Ewing for a open 12 footer that would have sent it to OT......Game 7 was a joke....Starks shot 2-18 and yet we still were in the game all the way until the last 30 seconds....if Starks stops shooting/Riley pulls him....we are world champs

95 was embarassing....Ewing missed the fingerroll....that was just shocking more then anything else....didnt bother me nearly as much as 93-94 cuz the Magic would have beaten us rather easily in the Conf Finals...they were alot better that year

96 nobody was beating the Bulls that year....I was happy that the Knicks were the 1 team that really gave them any kind of scare (and btw Starks DID travel on that phantom 3)

97 just made me mad.....I contend to this day that the 97 Knicks were the BEST team we had in the 90s.....I know the 93-94 teams won more games....but if you can remember how well the 97 team as playing down the stretch....and how EASILY they waxed Charlotte in the 1st round....and how they dominated Miami thru the first 4 games.....you still had a dominant Ewing....Starks off the bench....LJ and Houston after struggling to fit in for 3/4 of the regular season had finally meshed with the rest of the team.....that team was clicking on all cylinders and was playing better then any Knick team I can remember.....we lost Game 5 in Miami and even with that we would have went home for Game 6 and won easily and setup another series with the Bulls....but then we had "the fight".....started by that punk PJ Brown....and the NBA decided to make an example out of the Knicks and suspended our best players....even with no Houston or Ewing in Game 6 it took a comeback by Miami to win that game....and then they killed us in Game 7.....like I said to this day I believe the 97 Knicks were the best team we had in the 90s....and they were playing as well as any Knick team in the playoffs Ive seen.....we would have had a GREAT chance to beat the Bulls in the East Finals
    See, we know what it means to suffer.

starks travel on the 3 pointer in 96 was at the very end of the game and wouldve just tied it up, but there was a play earlier where ewing hit a shot to give the knicks a lead and was called for a BS travel. and that kind of turned the momentum of the game. also in game 6 in 94 i think starks shouldve taken that 3. hakeem barely got his finger on that ball, it wasnt like hakeem was right there in his face. and starks was on fire. ewing wasnt exactly mr. clutch in big spots. there's no way that ewing automatically makes that 12 footer. starks made the right choice, but hakeem just made a great play. also the current knicks just lost to the expansion bobcats. i had my hopes up a little when they were 8-6 and leading orlando by 10 last night but there nothing more then a mediocre team. i dont even know if they win the atlantic the way theyre going.

NYYF Legend

I feel the same way about the Knicks right now.

They have no identity. They can't put people away. WTF is going on.... the roster is probably top 3, in terms of pure talent... why can't we do anything with it?

Three loses in a row now. Back under .500 at 8-9

That loss to the Bobcats was inexcusable. Oh well, this is all within the learning process this team has to go through.

Positives--

Mohammed (keep brining that 15 and 11 every night) -- B+
    Kurt (best mid range 15 pooter in the league by a man his size) B+
    Steph (low on the points and high on assists; great team player) B

In betweens

Crawford (shoots too quick and doesnt frequent the line;a B- so far
    Sweetney (doesnt get as much time because of Kurt and Mohammed) --C so far
    Ariza (just needs a jump shot to be very effective) -- C

Negatives

Tim Thomas (he's lovvvvvvin that 4 for 11 shooting line) - D
    Baker (too slow to get up and down the court even in the 1/2 court game) - F

That is all for now. I'll evaluate a bit more harshly after the 27th game.

Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar
    So much for being over .500.
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

NYYF MVP

Back at .500...in first place. Man, the Atlantic Division is such a joke.

Addicted Member

I've always felt the same way about '93 and '97. To this day, whenever I hear people say Charles Smith missed four layups, I get pissed. From how it's described, you'd think he was under the basket by himself just bouncing the ball off the backboard over and over again. From what I remember, the first shot was blocked cleanly. Then he got MUGGED at least three times. There's a picture somewhere of Smith going up for a shot with Pippen's forearm basically tattooed to his face. How the hell a foul wasn't called on that play I have no idea. To this day I still haven't heard Smith, Riley or any of the Knicks complain about that play, yet you still hear Bulls fans complaining about the Pippen foul on Hubert Davis in the '94 playoffs.

As for '97-I don't know if they could have beat the Bulls that year, but they had a helluva chance. People forget that the '97 Knicks were a GREAT team-just look at the current roster and compare it to the '97 squad and you can't help but get depressed over what's happened to this team over the last few years. There was no doubt that the Knicks were better than Miami and would have won that series if that prick PJ Brown hadn't flipped Charlie Ward, and that asshole David Stern hadn't suspended 1/3 of the team. A Bulls/Knicks Eastern Conference Finals that year would have been a classic.

As for '94, that was brutal. Ewing's whole career would have been looked at differently if they had beat the Rockets.
    Last edited by ToneinTO; 12-13-04 at 08:12 AM.

NYYF Legend

You guys are complaining about the Knicks? I love some of the guys on that team, but I'm a Sixers fan, the last time out preseason was as good as it was in 2004, was in 2001 our Finals year. I see the Knicks making a run but am still waiting for Philly to kick in as well.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

I read on espn today that the wiz were looking to move Kwame and that the knicks were one of the teams intrested in him, does anyone think that there is anyway we could get him, he's still only 22 and he's grown to 7' and 270lbs, sounds like a center to me, i dunno maybe a trade of the knicks 1st rd pick this year plus k.thomas or mohamed, and t. thomas and then they send us brown plus one of there bad contracts. I really think that with a change of scenery brown could turn out to be a big time center (or at least what amounts to a big time center in the nba these days) and i know how well mohamed is playing but i just dont see him keeping it up what with how skinney he is, plus he's a non-factor when it comes to blocking shots.
    any thoughts?
    "A wiser feller than myself once said, 'sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you.'

Originally posted by SDChicken
    I read on espn today that the wiz were looking to move Kwame and that the knicks were one of the teams intrested in him, does anyone think that there is anyway we could get him, he's still only 22 and he's grown to 7' and 270lbs, sounds like a center to me, i dunno maybe a trade of the knicks 1st rd pick this year plus k.thomas or mohamed, and t. thomas and then they send us brown plus one of there bad contracts. I really think that with a change of scenery brown could turn out to be a big time center (or at least what amounts to a big time center in the nba these days) and i know how well mohamed is playing but i just dont see him keeping it up what with how skinney he is, plus he's a non-factor when it comes to blocking shots.
    any thoughts?
    Our non-existant first round pick, 1 of our 2 best big men, and junk for a 7 point threat, and a bad contract? i think not.

Originally posted by nickzcool51

Our non-existant first round pick, 1 of our 2 best big men, and junk for a 7 point threat, and a bad contract? i think not.

Hey, we dont need another Tim Thomas on the team.

NYYF Legend

Who's the guy with the shoulder length dreads in the suit that's on the bench? He's always in the time out huddles.

Thanks
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Tonight's loss was pathetic.

Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Tonight's loss was pathetic.

if the Knicks are gonna be serious contenders in the East....they have to learn how to close out games like tonight....although Detroit has struggled so far this year they showed why they are the champs....

NYYF Legend

Best Knicks game in years

a 19 point come back? When have we ever been able to do what we did tonight? We've never had the personnel available to pressure the ball like we did today... the defense is quick and capable of matching up against many different players.

I'm giddy... now time to get drunk

Thread Information