+ Reply to Thread

We could be waiting a long time for Randy Johnson to become "available"

I'm sick of waiting, sick of waiting for the Dbacks executives to come home from whatever vacation destination they went on this time. It seems like they're playing the Yankees and other teams again, stringing us along, making us believe Randy Johnson is available... in the meantime they really would like to keep Randy. What is the hold up? Who knows.. heard the Dbacks were waiting for Moorad to be approved by the commisioner's office and all the other owners and that could take some time, perhaps affecting the RJ talks...
    Either make him available or don't... decide now. The baseball world is waiting and so is Randy.

Re: We could be waiting a long time for Randy Johnson to become "available"

Originally posted by ForeverYankees2
    [B].... It seems like they're playing the Yankees and other teams again, stringing us along, making us believe Randy Johnson is available... /B]

? as they should, if they want to get decent value in return

What do you really expect? I wouldn't want them to move quickly on this anyway. If it took until spring training, and they finally etched something good out, RJ or anyone else for that matter, it would be better for the team than us or even them to jump the gun.

Released Outright
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-217743c.html

According to this Daily News article today, the Snakes are "resigned to dealing" RJ........for what its worth.

Originally posted by ForeverYankees2
    I'm sick of waiting, sick of waiting for the Dbacks executives to come home from whatever vacation destination they went on this time. It seems like they're playing the Yankees and other teams again, stringing us along, making us believe Randy Johnson is available... in the meantime they really would like to keep Randy. What is the hold up? Who knows.. heard the Dbacks were waiting for Moorad to be approved by the commisioner's office and all the other owners and that could take some time, perhaps affecting the RJ talks...
    Either make him available or don't... decide now. The baseball world is waiting and so is Randy.
    FREE RANDY JOHNSON!!!!
    Che Rodriguez - Freedom Fighter

NYYF HOF

why dont the DBacks realize that Johnson does'nt want to pitch for a loosing team

Originally posted by Yankee Bulldawg
    why dont the DBacks realize that Johnson does'nt want to pitch for a loosing team
    They are a business. RJ's best interests are not nessacarily theirs.
    It's about damn time.

I would imagine the real action in the Hot Stove isn't going to heat up until December.

As for Johnson, IIRC he has a no-trade clause, so any deal the Dbacks would want to make has to be approved by Himself. And I doubt Himself is going to approve a deal to a losing club. He might as well stay in Arizona.

The sticking point appears to be the fact that the Dbacks want good young prospects for Johnson. Do the Yankees HAVE enough good young prospects, and are they willing to sacrifice them for a superb but aging pitcher?

Devoted Member

Originally posted by NYPenn
    I would imagine the real action in the Hot Stove isn't going to heat up until December.

As for Johnson, IIRC he has a no-trade clause, so any deal the Dbacks would want to make has to be approved by Himself. And I doubt Himself is going to approve a deal to a losing club. He might as well stay in Arizona.

The sticking point appears to be the fact that the Dbacks want good young prospects for Johnson. Do the Yankees HAVE enough good young prospects, and are they willing to sacrifice them for a superb but aging pitcher?
    The question is more whether the D-Backs would be willing to accept what the Yankees have, which is younger prospects, because we don't have all that many Major-League ready guys. Personally I don't think they'll agree to anything without Vazquez, though.
    I want to make babies with Philip Hughes.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by reelbiggecko

The question is more whether the D-Backs would be willing to accept what the Yankees have, which is younger prospects, because we don't have all that many Major-League ready guys. Personally I don't think they'll agree to anything without Vazquez, though.
    Bingo.

Even then, the Angels or Dodgers may offer more...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ne..._mlb&fext=.jsp

While acknowledging that there's no real deadline on a Johnson trade, Nero suggested to the AP that the most logical time to look for a deal might be the Winter Meetings, which are set for Dec. 10-13 in Anaheim.

Lest anyone think the Diamondbacks will hesitate if there's a deal in place soon, remember this: It was last Nov. 28 that the Diamondbacks dealt away Curt Schilling to the Red Sox.
    ~John

sweet frickin jesus

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Bulldawg
    Maybe THAT'S his problem!

Thread Information