+ Reply to Thread

White Sox to pass on Boras clients

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/10190274.htm

CHICAGO - (KRT) - Not only will the Chicago White Sox not be signing Omar Vizquel this winter, they will be out of the bidding for their own Magglio Ordonez, as well as Carlos Beltran, Adrian Beltre, J.D. Drew, Jason Varitek, Derek Lowe and Kevin Millwood.
    Those prime-time players have one thing in common: Scott Boras is their agent.

"I do not expect to sign any Scott Boras clients," White Sox general manager Ken Williams said Monday.

Why?
    "Let's just say that we both respectfully agree to disagree on the value of his players," Williams replied.
    ~John

1 team down 29 to follow. if only every team refused to sign his clients. there would be nothing he could do about it, and it would be better for baseball. all it would take is 1 off season of self discipline. if the yankees and red sox alone said that they would not sign scott borass clients, he would not have the clientel hes always had. PLEASE PLEASE let this continue on to other teams
    thank you, id like another

Sláinte
    This is outstanding news. More power to 'em.

They have set the bar. I just hope other teams will follow, and help put a stop to his nonsense.

West Milford NJ- Hangin with the Bears in my Yard!!!
    Originally posted by MightyCam
    1 team down 29 to follow. if only every team refused to sign his clients. there would be nothing he could do about it, and it would be better for baseball. all it would take is 1 off season of self discipline. if the yankees and red sox alone said that they would not sign scott borass clients, he would not have the clientel hes always had. PLEASE PLEASE let this continue on to other teams

Scott does it year in and Year out. His clients earn the most money and that means he is doing his job. Too bad Tek is one of his.
    Isn't there enough hot air in Washington without Schilling? Joel Sherman NY Post 3-13-2005

Originally posted by MightyCam
    If he didn't sign them, someone else would and eventually the same thing would happen. I like him. He makes NY the most likely team to get the big names.
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Released Outright
    Well...I am sure we are not signing Lowe. And there is NO WAY in hell we are going to..for one, give Tek a 5 year deal...and for 2..have his salary average 13.5 million? Bora$$ makes me want to vomit my innards.

I am quite sure Steinbrenner will pass as well..even if he deals Posada.(which I doubt he will).

I wish teams would ban together and all boycott Bora$$...but the simple fact is..when the Yankees and Red Sox drop out..a second tier team sees their opportunity to improve and may take a chance. Someone will always drop trou and take it. The only thing that will fix this is some sort of Cap on Salaries...which I find hard to believe will happen in MLB.

hell yeah!

Originally posted by Smiling Dave Roberts
    Well...I am sure we are not signing Lowe. And there is NO WAY in hell we are going to..for one, give Tek a 5 year deal...and for 2..have his salary average 13.5 million? Bora$$ makes me want to vomit my innards.

I am quite sure Steinbrenner will pass as well..even if he deals Posada.(which I doubt he will).

I wish teams would ban together and all boycott Bora$$...but the simple fact is..when the Yankees and Red Sox drop out..a second tier team sees their opportunity to improve and may take a chance. Someone will always drop trou and take it. The only thing that will fix this is some sort of Cap on Salaries...which I find hard to believe will happen in MLB.
    george and co. may pass on tek and lowe, but i doubt its their intention to pass on beltran and if they had a need for ordonez, they'd be looking at him too.
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

NYYF MVP

Re: White Sox to pass on Boras clients

Or does this just give Jerry Reinsdorf an easy out to not have to re-sign Magglio? Don't forget, he was one of the hard-liners during the strike and then got burned on the Albert Belle contract and Joe Borchard bonus.

Originally posted by Smiling Dave Roberts
    It has been clarified numerous times that the 5/65 figure in Gammons' article is a misprint. More like $11/year, but still absurd.

100 victories in 100 battles Kiwiwriter's Avatar

Sox vs. Boras

I guess the White Sox merchandising guys will have to sell Magglio t-shirts at 50 percent off now. Interesting that they're refusing to deal with Boras at all. Let's see if there's a demonstration of owner solidarity and John Forbes Nash equilibrium theory or unrestrained Adam Smith-style capitalism.
    Best, DHL
    "My intensity is intense." -- Roger Clemens
    "He that sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother." -- Henry V
    "A Yankee fan is bred to a harder thing than triumph." -- Me

Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap so this isn't surprising. He likes to pretend that the White Sox are a small team.

NYYF Legend

Talk about the Yankees being bad for baseball. Bora$$ is bad for baseball. Although I would love to be him.
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Fantastic!

Thread Information