+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The OFFICIAL Tim Thomas Sucks Thread

The title says it all, what can we do to get rid of this guy?
    Last edited by Sam2448; 11-08-04 at 07:35 PM.

Addicted Member

Re: The Official Tim Thomas sucks thread

Originally posted by Sam2448
    Hahaha, I'm not a Knick fan...Pacers fan.....but I think you should give Thomas a few more games, he definitely showed potential in Milwaukee....give him a few more games.

He's had potential his hole career. He just doesn't know how to play the game. The thing that really annoyed me was the 4 or 5 turnovers last night. He is lazy and doesnt improve. He's only taking valuable minutes from Ariza. God he sucks so much.

Released Outright
    his hole career. He just doesn't know how to play the game.
    His hole career is right. Tim Thomas has the body and skills of an NBA player, but lacks intensity, focus, desire. Isiah should have seen this coming.

Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar

Re: The Official Tim Thomas sucks thread

Cause he has a horrible contract much like everybody else Isiah traded for? I'll have died of old age before most of these awful contracts come off the books.
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

Re: Re: The Official Tim Thomas sucks thread

Originally posted by IntangiblesRule

Cause he has a horrible contract much like everybody else Isiah traded for? I'll have died of old age before most of these awful contracts come off the books.
    Actually, I believe Thomas is one of our better ones, I think it's done after next year. Of course we'd probably just get worse contracts for it though.

NYYF Legend

I still feel to this day that the Thomas trade for KVH was one of the worst i've seen in my whole life.

Lost in the shuffle is Doleac, who was also traded. KVH and Doleac provided outside shooting threats, spacing the floor so that Marbury could make his drives inside and kick back out if the D collapsed. When Marbury first came over, the Knicks went on a streak and KVH and Doleac were all very much a part of it.

It's no coincidence that when Thomas arrived, the Knicks soon began to lose. A season later, they still lack the big man who can step out and hit the jumper. There is no spacing, provided by the shooting threats that Doleac and KVH brought. Also, there is no tough interior defense. I remember in Yao's rookie year, after a game w/ the Knicks, Yao commented on how strong Doleac was and how he kept pushing him away from the blocks. Who do we have now that can bully someone like Yao around? Nazr? Vin baker? Please..

Tim thomas hasn't done jack since coming over. IT's a fact.

Tim Thomas sucked again tonight, the standard 7 points, no rebounds. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=241109018

Can he get much worse. At least he's consistent, he's played a lackadaisical game with about 7 points every game this year. Actually, tonight he finally got to the Free Throw line.

I was just wondering how I can add a poll to this thread? I want to ask how many of you think that Thomas will eclipse single digits in points.

Released Outright
    In case no one has noticed, Tim Thomas sucks.

Pump your brakes, kid. IntangiblesRule's Avatar
    If only we had a guy like Keith Van Horn who could hit an open jumper....
    sXe!

Autobots ROLL!!!

Released Outright
    Originally posted by IntangiblesRule
    If only we had a guy like Keith Van Horn who could hit an open jumper....
    naw, not "athletic" enough.

Addicted Member
    Originally posted by chanman7483
    I still feel to this day that the Thomas trade for KVH was one of the worst i've seen in my whole life.

Lost in the shuffle is Doleac, who was also traded. KVH and Doleac provided outside shooting threats, spacing the floor so that Marbury could make his drives inside and kick back out if the D collapsed. When Marbury first came over, the Knicks went on a streak and KVH and Doleac were all very much a part of it.

It's no coincidence that when Thomas arrived, the Knicks soon began to lose. A season later, they still lack the big man who can step out and hit the jumper. There is no spacing, provided by the shooting threats that Doleac and KVH brought. Also, there is no tough interior defense. I remember in Yao's rookie year, after a game w/ the Knicks, Yao commented on how strong Doleac was and how he kept pushing him away from the blocks. Who do we have now that can bully someone like Yao around? Nazr? Vin baker? Please..

Tim thomas hasn't done jack since coming over. IT's a fact.
    Exactly. Tim Thomas is a joke, and I don't understand why Isiah let Van Horn go. Even Marbury said last year that he benefitted from Doleac and especially Van Horn. Right now KVH is averaging 18 points and 12 boards a game-the Knicks sure could use that kind of production from the "3" right now. KVH is not a superstar, but he can be counted on to consistently deliver 16-18 ppg., and 7 boards a game. Tim Thomas wishes he could do that.

Released Outright
    The only thing Tim Thomas is good for is entertainment value when he boxes Kenyon Martin and gets his ass kicked. He will then be known as TKO Tim.

Had a pretty good nite against the Clippers -- 15 pts, 2-2 in FT, 6-8 FG, and 4 def rebounds. I mean, they are the Clippers, but still. I wouldn't give up on him just yet -- I think Isaiah knows what he's doing.

[So many "Thomases" on the Knicks, anyone notice that?]
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...p-216095c.html

I apologize everything I've been thinking about him. No wonder he's been struggling, I wouldn't be able to play if I had to go through something like that. You got to admire Thomas for not using it as an excuse and not even mentioning it until he broke out of his slump.

it was stupid to trade spreewell for van horn in the first place but at least van horn was a good player. tim thomas is terrible. isaih has no clue what hes doing. the marbury trade is the only good thing he's done. he got rid of van horn and doleac to get thomas and mohammed who are both terrible. he traded away expiring contracts to get a guy with the worst shot selection in the league outside antoin walker. he hired lenny wilkens.

Released Outright
    Originally posted by donniesrecordholdsup
    tim thomas is terrible.
    ditto

Tim Thomas should be held up as a reason to go to school for longer than 1 year. He got hot at Nova and suddenly made himself eligible for the draft.

Thomas doesnt do one thing particulary well. He cant consistently shoot. He can play tough and rebound. He cant use his height effectively. He cant handle the ball.

So what the hell is he doing on the team? I guess he's better than Keith Van Horn.
    MLB on FOX blackouts - NO MORE!!

Addicted Member
    Tim Thomas' stats this year:

9.3 ppg, 3.5 rebounds a game

His career stats

11.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, now in tenth season in NBA

Keith Van Horn's stats this year:

20.8 ppg, 9.3 rebounds a game

His career stats:

17.5 ppg, 7.5 boards, now in ninth season in NBA

Van Horn is no superstar, but he's a damn good player and he sure as hell is better than Tim Thomas. The stats don't lie-this trade has been a disaster for the Knicks.

of course hes "more athletic"...but the main idea of the trade was to get Nazi Mohammad who has been an upgrade at Center (Curry would be a bigger one though!)

NYYF Legend

I was no Keith Van Horn fan but trading him for Thomas was stupid.

For the first time, I'm able to watch a Knick game this eason and Tim Thomas is awful. My main man Ariza should be starting....
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Originally posted by ToneinTO
    Tim Thomas' stats this year:

9.3 ppg, 3.5 rebounds a game

His career stats

11.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, now in tenth season in NBA

Keith Van Horn's stats this year:

20.8 ppg, 9.3 rebounds a game

His career stats:

17.5 ppg, 7.5 boards, now in ninth season in NBA

Van Horn is no superstar, but he's a damn good player and he sure as hell is better than Tim Thomas. The stats don't lie-this trade has been a disaster for the Knicks.

the biggest reason why this trade shouldnt have happened.....is that KVH's contract expires sooner

very good win for the Knicks tonight

they needed to get 1 game on this trip.....very nice comeback win

even if we lose tomm night......im ok with a 3-5 start considering weve played some of the NBA heavyweights so far....all of them being on the road too

Thread Information