+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Red Sox@Angels-Game 2 ALDS

This is a very important game in this series. The
    Angels absolutely have to win or they are done I think going into Fenway. The Red Sox can take a stranglehold on this series with a win. It will be important for Colon to be good because if he isn't the Angels will not win. I honestly think Pedro will go out there with a chip on his shoulder and will pitch great. I would be happy if he gave 7 innings of 1 or 2 run ball with 5 or 6 hits. That would be perfect, as I think we will get runs of Colon. This series appears it may trend towards the regular season series, where the Sox killed Angels starters and the Anaheim pen was basically rendered obsolete.

It should be an interesting game, and will show a lot as to whether Pedro will be consistently good in the postseason this year. I don't think any of his past starts really matter in the sense that he is off to a fresh start and he is playing for a ring, pride, and a contract. That is why he will be great in the playoffs.

I have never seen game threads start 6 hours early. Bravo for the enthusiasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

On a Yankee forum no less.

Originally posted by ACPS
    On a Yankee forum no less.
    I don't think that really matter all that much. I posted this in the right section of the site and I did this because I always like to get another point of view from fans of another team. It's not an issue unless you'd like to make it one. I see no objection to the other Red Sox game thread.

Originally posted by teddyballgame

I see no objection to the other Red Sox game thread.

You obviously haven't visited the Sports Bar lately

I don't care what you guys do on the Around the Sox board
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Thread

All I see is AROUND THE MAJORS. I don't think there should be a problem.

NYYF Legend

Either way, I think that Pedro is pitching hurt right now and I see no reason why he will all of a sudden pitch much better than he has in his last 4 outings. The Angels have got this game and the next one and I stand by my prediction of Angels in 4.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Either way, I think that Pedro is pitching hurt right now and I see no reason why he will all of a sudden pitch much better than he has in his last 4 outings. The Angels have got this game and the next one and I stand by my prediction of Angels in 4.
    Hmmm...They have the game? Ha. Pedro is not pitching hurt if you watched his last start, where he consistently was between 90-93 MPH. It's just a matter of command right now, which I think is an issue that can be taken care of. Let's remember, Colon doesn't scare anybody, especially the Sox. He has pitched much better as of late, but a team like Boston can kill him. And that is very hasty to say Angels in 4, which asssumes the Angels will take both game in Beantown. That is not happening. If the Halos win I thnk it will be in 5 games.

NYYF Legend

Hmmm...They have the game? Ha. Pedro is not pitching hurt if you watched his last start, where he consistently was between 90-93 MPH. It's just a matter of command right now, which I think is an issue that can be taken care of. Let's remember, Colon doesn't scare anybody, especially the Sox. He has pitched much better as of late, but a team like Boston can kill him. And that is very hasty to say Angels in 4, which asssumes the Angels will take both game in Beantown. That is not happening. If the Halos win I thnk it will be in 5 games.
    I'm just sticking with my original prediction. And you can say that Colon doesn't scare anybody, but right now, Pedro doesn't either.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

Jeff Weaver Fan -

You think the Angels will take 2 at Fenway. That's what you're saying?

Right.

Originally posted by captainlad
    Jeff Weaver Fan -

You think the Angels will take 2 at Fenway. That's what you're saying?

Right.
    Have stranger things happened?

I don't think that really matter all that much. I posted this in the right section of the site and I did this because I always like to get another point of view from fans of another team. It's not an issue unless you'd like to make it one. I see no objection to the other Red Sox game thread.
    I don't really care. But I do think Jim should make a subdivision of Around The Majors for the Red Sox fans.

Re: Thread

All I see is AROUND THE MAJORS. I don't think there should be a problem.
    You don't start a game thread 6 hours before the start of the game. It's a no no.

Pedro deals, strike one, good movement on that pelota

Double off the wall, Damon throws to his relay man...INTERCEPTION Rammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Double off the wall, Damon throws to his relay man...INTERCEPTION Rammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just in, Pedro has a new daddy.

Released Outright

Re: Red Sox@Angels-Game 2 ALDS

I don't think any of his past starts really matter in the sense that he is off to a fresh start and he is playing for a ring, pride, and a contract. That is why he will be great in the playoffs.
    What was he pitching for the rest of the year?

Re: Re: Red Sox@Angels-Game 2 ALDS

Originally posted by JJBNYC
    What was he pitching for the rest of the year?
    Trying to get approval from his daddy.

Originally posted by ACPS

I don't really care. But I do think Jim should make a subdivision of Around The Majors for the Red Sox fans.
    Fair enough. I have no objection to this. I just misunderstood your post.

Originally posted by RhodeyYankee2638

Have stranger things happened?
    Yes, stranger things have happened. Anything can happen in baseball at anytime. However, to predict an Angels sweep of the Sox in Fenway is a little much. Let's try to be realistic here. The Sox have the 2nd best record in the league at home and they won't be easy to beat by anybody, especially in the playoffs.

NYYF Legend

Re: Re: Re: Red Sox@Angels-Game 2 ALDS

Originally posted by Luciano

Trying to get approval from his daddy.
    Take it easy, maybe Teddy ballgame is Pedro, and was shut out from starting a gamethread on SoSH like Gherig38 because someone there started one yesterday.

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar
    Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Holy crap... that made me literally laugh out loud. I started choking on my Aquafina. Seriously, I know this is kind of old news, but I still wonder what the hell he was thinking.

That being said, who knows what the game will be like? Nobody. Not with Colon and Pedro this year. This game could be a high scoring affair, a neck and neck 2-1 game, or a lopsided blowout either way. It all depends on who shows up with their stuff. This could be a long game...

NYYF Legend

Fair enough. I have no objection to this.
    Whew!
    What a relief.
    We were all worried that you wouldn't approve.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

NYYF Legend

I hope Pedro gets annihilated.
    “I love winning man! It’s like, better than LOSING!” ~ Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh

Originally posted by WebsterMulligan
    I hope Pedro gets annihilated.
    Not a chance. The Old Pete shows up tonight. Throwing gas. With awesome control. Angels primed to get swept up. Thank God A-Rod came up huge again. The thought of winning a World Series without going through New York means... well, it means nothing actually. Go Twins!
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here." - Melvin Udall (Jack Nicholson) - As Good As It Gets (1997)

Thread Information