+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

In a desperate attempt to lead the Majors in somthing, Scott Kazmir beans the Rays back into the lead over second place Boston in the prestigeous Hit Batsmen category.

The Sox and Rays hold a substantial lead over other competitors as this crucial contest goes down to the last week of the season.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/st...sortByStat=HBP

Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper
    In a desperate attempt to lead the Majors in somthing, Scott Kazmir beans the Rays back into the lead over second place Boston in the prestigeous Hit Batsmen category.

The Sox and Rays hold a substantial lead over other competitors as this crucial contest goes down to the last week of the season.

Arroyo with his control issues. Wakefield is a knuckleball pitcher and Pedro throws inside.

Feel free to make this into something more though.

NYYF Legend

No slant. Just the facts. I'm sure that Tampa's production in this area has slipped since trading Zambrano.

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by Socal Pinstriper

lol too bad they dont have zambrano .. then they would be leading
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

NYYF Legend

Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by NDBoston

Arroyo with his control issues. Wakefield is a knuckleball pitcher and Pedro throws inside.

Pedro has impeccable control. When he throws that far inside, it is because he wants to hit the guy, ,not b/c he is being wild

NYYF Legend

Actually, Tampa needs to pick it up if they are going to get to last year's MLB leading total of 95.

Released Outright
    We're not even close!!! We only have 76!! Come on guys, pick up the pace.

Released Outright
    Too bad Kazmir felt compelled to prove his manhood by matching Cornroyo's beanings. He was mowing the sox down to that point.

Originally posted by son of mel hall
    Too bad Kazmir felt compelled to prove his manhood by matching Cornroyo's beanings. He was mowing the sox down to that point.
    yeah, someone who was REALLY mowing the Sox down.

Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by ZYanksRule

Pedro has impeccable control. When he throws that far inside, it is because he wants to hit the guy, ,not b/c he is being wild

he doesn't anymore, which is the main reason he isn't as dominant as he once was.

Released Outright

Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by cubswin

he doesn't anymore, which is the main reason he isn't as dominant as he once was.
    His control is still good enough to use the beanball strategically.

Released Outright Calvin and Hobbes's Avatar

Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Dude, chill out. Does he need to fly in a sarcasm sign for you? Why are you always so defensive about anything involving the Red Sox? If somebody posted "Hey, I saw David Ortiz at the bar last night" You'd respond with "No. David Ortiz never goes to the bar. He was at church last night. Don't let the facts get in your way though." or maybe "Derek Jeter says hello." Or something equally snotty.

nomaas...the other white meat PippyPinstripes's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by Calvin and Hobbes

Dude, chill out. Does he need to fly in a sarcasm sign for you? Why are you always so defensive about anything involving the Red Sox? If somebody posted "Hey, I saw David Ortiz at the bar last night" You'd respond with "No. David Ortiz never goes to the bar. He was at church last night. Don't let the facts get in your way though." or maybe "Derek Jeter says hello." Or something equally snotty.
    And in the end, the love you take
    is equal to the love you make

Released Outright

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Sur

Originally posted by son of mel hall

Pedro Martinez: Master Strategist

NYYF Legend

Unfortunatly, both Boston and Tampa will be pursuing the coveted Hit Batsmen title without the advantage of facing everybody's favorite target, the Yankees, as both teams have finished with New York.

"I'm not sure that we could contend for this year after year if we played in any other division", says Rays manager Pinella. "Seeing the Yankees nineteen times is key. Their players are much larger than most teams", he continued, "Not to mention that their advanced ages make them sluggish and slow to react. Like shooting fish in a barrel really. Couldn't do it without 'em."

I'm mean and not for everyone.

I don't know, I've watched a good amount of his outings and the only time he clearly beaned someone on purpose was Sheffield back in July. His great control didn't stop a breaking ball from hitting Olerud's foot or go flying into Cairo's backside. There is no way either of those 75 mph pitches were intentional. Maybe Pedro is turning into a softie.

Released Outright Calvin and Hobbes's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Its not that you're mean. I mean, you are. But mostly, you're just condescending when you A) have no reason to be, and B) are wrong. In this instance, he was mostly poking fun at the Devil Rays, and you chose to insult him. You're not for anyone. I don't know where that kind of behavior is considered acceptable, but it isn't where I come from, so I will cease to read your posts. Good day to you.

NYYF Legend

.............and I'm very thick skinned. Ain't no thing. Just having fun.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Its not that you're mean. I mean, you are. But mostly, you're just condescending when you A) have no reason to be, and B) are wrong. In this instance, he was mostly poking fun at the Devil Rays, and you chose to insult him. You're not for anyone. I don't know where that kind of behavior is considered acceptable, but it isn't where I come from, so I will cease to read your posts. Good day to you.
    It was an expression that's a joke.

I don't think what I said was a big deal either. I was just stating where I thought the thread was going.

have no problems with SoCal. Except for the whole USC issue

NYYF Legend

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

[B

have no problems with SoCal. Except for the whole USC issue [/B]
    ND perhaps you've misunderstood. I dislike USC at least as much as I do Notre Dame.

When it comes to college football, I'm mean and not for everyone.

Released Outright

P.S. Go Trojans.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I thought I was the only one who'd noticed this. Perhaps we should just let the Beantown fans rewrite what happened to make it look good f/their team? Then we'd have to post a link just to prove that what actually happened really did happen.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

I'm curious, what does your being mean have to do w/your being defensive? Is this related or were you trying to change the subject?
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So That's Why They Call It Beantown (Rays-Sox Hit Batsmen Not Surprising)

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    I'm curious, what does your being mean have to do w/your being defensive? Is this related or were you trying to change the subject?
    Someone who defends everything Red Sox wouldn't rip on Derek Lowe, Lucchino, Nomar and former Red Sox owners and GM's as I do.

Not to mention the fact I ripped on bad Red Sox posters like RedSoxfanin2004 and I_Suffer who are now released.

Maybe I expect posters to use facts and try to look through their "biases" and not create threads just to troll Red Sox fans (or Yankee) on this board.

I'm no different on SoSH or the Notre Dame board I spend time on. I just have high standards.

Thread Information