Closed Thread

Community standards

I'm seeing around the forums that Varitek is being called Pussitek, Vagitek and cats with catching gear on.

So if you allow your members to do that: why can't sox fans here say gay-rod? (don't ban me bc I'm trying to get my point across) If Sox fans get punished so should Yankee fans.

The Source

umm...because it's a Yankee fan forum. I believe Jim already addressed this in another topic. I'll try finding the link for you.

Here is what Jim, the owner and administrator of the site, said:

Originally posted by Jim F.
    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...06#post1446906

Everything is subjective, including how we moderate these forums. Every incident is treated differently. For example, there are a lot more "Varitek is a ____" posts all over this board than would ever typically be allowed. People are venting. It's within the spirit of the reaction to current events. It was the same sort of thing last year during the ALCS. Have you seen me call out anyone in any of these other threads? No, you haven't. So how am I (who does about 1% of the moderating around here) being hypocritical and selective?

There is no definitive line between what is and is not acceptable since there are a lot of factors that might play into that decision.

And if you really have a problem with us joking about Jason Varitek and think that rules should be applied evenly, would that then mean that I can ban you for what your user name implies? The fact that you were ever allowed to activate your account at all before I banned it based on the name is very indicative of how we treat every situation differently.

-jim
    This is from one of our forum members that, IMO, every non-Yankee fan should read:

Originally posted by Alex
    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...11#post1446811

I have no problem with Red Sox fans posting on the board, and enjoy alot of the discussions with them, but they just have to learn to live with our biases. Swallow the bitter pill of putting up with stuff that might offend their sensibilities. When you go to someone else's home, you gotta put up with some things. I don't want to hear lecturing from fans of other teams on how we should express ourselves over here.

I frequent a Mets site where they hate the Yankees like you wouldn't believe. They post all kinds of offensive things about the Yankees. I go there because I find some of the people really funny and they have interesting perspectives, but I bite my tongue when I find something outrageous because it's their board. For Mets fans. I'm a visitor. That's not to say I don't have a right to my opinion, but it does mean that I can't expect them to curb the way they express themselves so as not to offend them. It's their home.

I agree, but then NON-Yankee fans should be able to get away with it every once in a while. Seems fair to me.

I geta kick out of what fans say here some times and sometimes I am angered. Varitek is one of my favorite players (before the incident happened). And I am offended by what some fans say because some of them are uneducated and have a really huge slant bc of their bias. Pussitek is not an accurate description of Varitek because he plays the game with 110% effort. He is the heart of the Red Sox team. Varitek didn't take off his mask because it was in the heat of the moment. I don't have a problem with that. if A-Rod had a problem with it he shouldn't have screwed "f*ck you f*ck you you mother f*cker...and then say COME ON!" to varitek...

The Source

Originally posted by JoeDavis#5
    I agree, but then NON-Yankee fans should be able to get away with it every once in a while. Seems fair to me.
    Uhh, no. It's a Yankee Fan Forum. You know, the one where it gives Yankees coverage with a BRONX BIAS?

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    Case is moot, Carissa. Check out the GT from today and see what this guy's bias obviously is.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    Case is moot, Carissa. Check out the GT from today and see what this guy's bias obviously is.
    Case is moot, Brad. Check out his status.
    ~John

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    Originally posted by ring403
    Case is moot, Brad. Check out his status.
    Yeah, I'd seen that before I'd posted, but neglected to mention this.

Either case, I'm glad that the Bronx bias is being enforced. Hopefully, the Beantowners will remember that they're *VISITORS*, and that this is *OUR* Yankee-fan house, even if Jim owns out.

Should I post some links f/Red Sox websites that also have message boards? Perhaps those may at least give some of them tons of room to post, rather than deciding this place is "home" f/them.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Re: Community standards

i always prefered fairytek
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders
    i always prefered fairytek
    Nah I like Vagitek because I can see him using Vagisil, much like Clemens rubs Icy Hot on his jock.

Good Grand Slam though in the WBC, I guess.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I prefer "The Bearded Woman".
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    I prefer "The Bearded Woman".
    That's a really strange fetish.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by CptCrunch
    That's a really strange fetish.
    Not my fault I'm attracted to your beard.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Thread Information