+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Re: Marlins may have eye for Garciaparra

Originally posted by nahzo
    (Old news or new news?) There's something on the ESPN Insider, I don't have it, so I googled it, and here's the related story:

Gonzalez and Choi don't excite me (and the notion of Nomar at 1st is dumb anyway), but Penny and Pavano are 2 good and young arms.

If Nomar won't sign, I wouldn't mind a rotation of Schilling-Pedro-Wake-Penny-Pavano...

That said, I'd be pretty surprised if they would do that trade.

Nomar, btw, had a good series against Atlanta after his day off: 7-13 (and all the hits were "real" and at least 3 of those outs were line drives right at OFs -- he was clearly on at the plate) and no errors.

Addicted Member

Getting a SS in return for Nomar would be pointless. Choi is not enough in return. I don't see the Marlins parting with Penny or Pavano, although I would jump on that deal if they did dangle one or both.

In short I don't see Nomar landing in Florida.
    "It's a global thing."-The totally egoless Johnny Damon.

Re: Re: Marlins may have eye for Garciaparra

Originally posted by cubswin

Gonzalez and Choi don't excite me (and the notion of Nomar at 1st is dumb anyway), but Penny and Pavano are 2 good and young arms.

If Nomar won't sign, I wouldn't mind a rotation of Schilling-Pedro-Wake-Penny-Pavano...

That said, I'd be pretty surprised if they would do that trade.

Nomar, btw, had a good series against Atlanta after his day off: 7-13 (and all the hits were "real" and at least 3 of those outs were line drives right at OFs -- he was clearly on at the plate) and no errors.
    The idea of Nomar going to Florida puzzles me. Nomar is better than their current SS option but the Marlins are desperately in need of a catcher and giving up pitching to get an upgrade over an already decent SS just seems pointless.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Thread Information