+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andy Cannizaro

NYYF HOF

Andy Cannizaro

Did Cannizaro start the year on the DL??

He was in the same 2001 draft we got John-Ford Griffin, Bronson Sardinha, Shelly Duncan, Jason Arnold, Jon Skaggs, Aaron Rifkin and The Yankees also signed pitcher Sean Henn, a lefty with an at the time 96 mph fastball, as a draft-and-follow from 2000.

Casey
    We have enough youth.
    How about a fountain of "smart"?

Addicted Member

Likely. He's putting up some nice numbers at Trenton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/t...T&team=TRENTON

NYYF HOF

Originally posted by Woodshed42
    Likely. He's putting up some nice numbers at Trenton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/t...T&team=TRENTON

Yeah I saw that Woodshed. Cannizaro set the record of stolen bases in 2001 at LSU. I hear he can play 3rd base SS and 2nd base so he sounds like he may make somebody's squad as a utility infielder if his hitting continues to improve.

Casey
    Last edited by CaptainCargo; 07-30-04 at 11:45 AM.
    We have enough youth.

NYYF HOF

Andy went 2 for 4 last night and raised his BA to .373

It's still early in the season and he only has 59 ABs, but I was always high on this kid when we got him. He's playing SS right now but he can and has played 2nd base. I see Sardinha knocked out a homer in the game too. And Cano also tripled home a run. Nice outing by Wang too with 6IP, 8Ks, 1BB, 4Hits and Zero runs. This Trenton team may just set a blistering pace from here on in if they keep the team intact.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF HOF

Andy went 3 for 5 yesterday to boost his BA to .343 at AA Trenton.

Having only 102 ABs he doesn't have enough to qualify in the League batting stats. But qualify or not he'd be listed as 3rd in the league if he were. He's an excellent fielder and he's one of the guys I'd be pushing if I were talking to another team about a trade. IMO the only thing keeping him in AA is the fact that Escalona got there first.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

It's getting late for him in his career. He was born in Dec. 1978. He will be 26 after this season. His career path is almost over at that age. He may go from prospect to a lowere level talent soon.

I suggest trading him soon.

NYYF HOF

Originally posted by mbn007
    It's getting late for him in his career. He was born in Dec. 1978. He will be 26 after this season. His career path is almost over at that age. He may go from prospect to a lowere level talent soon.

I suggest trading him soon.

He's flat out a better player than Escalona who is basically the same age. The Yanks should be pushing him with any trade deal as an Enrique Wilson type that can fill any infield hole.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

Addicted Member

Andy Phillips and Andy Cannizaro are nice guys to have in your system. They won't bring much trade value, but like Bubba Crosby, they can make MLB contributions. Prinz and Proctor are other guys I have confidence in.

I'm rambling, but I like the depth of our minors Canizarro's great year just adds to it.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Woodshed42
    Andy Phillips and Andy Cannizaro are nice guys to have in your system. They won't bring much trade value, but like Bubba Crosby, they can make MLB contributions. Prinz and Proctor are other guys I have confidence in.

I'm rambling, but I like the depth of our minors Canizarro's great year just adds to it.
    You're right.

These guys probably never make a major impact for anyone, but they become valuble bench/role palyers. Once in a while, someone develops in his late 20's and becomes a star, but it is rare.

NYYF HOF

Andy went 2 for 5 last night against Portland. .342 for the season in 120 ABs.

Sardinha went 3 for 5 and is currently batting .316 in 79 ABs.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

These guys can play, but I don't see the opportunity for Andy (either Cannizarro or Phillips) in the Bronx, at least not in the near future. Maybe someone could replace Wilson soon, but Torre like Enrique.

NYYF HOF

These guys can play, but I don't see the opportunity for Andy (either Cannizarro or Phillips) in the Bronx, at least not in the near future. Maybe someone could replace Wilson soon, but Torre like Enrique.
    I'm hoping the Yanks are shopping Cannizaro. He would be cheaper than Alomar and probably would hit and field as well too. And he's probably as good as Cintron also.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

I hope Alomar is not on Cashman's radar screen. I don't see the value added for the Yankees with him.

NYYF HOF

Cannizaro went 2 for 4 in both of the last two games to raise his BA to .351 for the season. Not too shabby.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by CaptainCargo
    Cannizaro went 2 for 4 in both of the last two games to raise his BA to .351 for the season. Not too shabby.

Casey
    No, not at all.

NYYF Legend

Casey
    He`s on his way to the Diamondbacks.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Michaels07

I think that the Diamondbacks take 3 prospects. a catcher (NAvarro), a pitcher (Wang, Halsey or Graman) and a position palyer (Cano or Duncan).

I think everyone else is safe. Maybe they take a veteren minor leaguer as a throw in, like an Andy Phillips.

NYYF HOF

Originally posted by Michaels07

I hope you're right Mike.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF HOF

I think that the Diamondbacks take 3 prospects. a catcher (NAvarro), a pitcher (Wang, Halsey or Graman) and a position palyer (Cano or Duncan).

I think everyone else is safe. Maybe they take a veteren minor leaguer as a throw in, like an Andy Phillips.
    Entirely possible.

I'd just like to see the deal get done. And then we can assess the damage. I just hope they don't include Vechionacci in the trade. As he is the first kid in about tens years that I really want the Yankees to develop. I haven't been as excited about a position Yankee prospect like him since Jeter came along.

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

Entirely possible.

I'd just like to see the deal get done. And then we can assess the damage. I just hope they don't include Vechionacci in the trade. As he is the first kid in about tens years that I really want the Yankees to develop. I haven't been as excited about a position Yankee prospect like him since Jeter came along.

Casey
    Although they may take Eric Duncan, I would bet they do not really want anyone from A ball. It's a tough sell to your fans that you traded your best pitcher in your brief history for a guy who is 2-3-4 years away.

NYYF HOF

It's a tough sell to your fans that you traded your best pitcher in your brief history for a guy who is 2-3-4 years away.
    You're right but there's always that "add-on" player. And that scares me a bit. Not a lot, but a bit.

I'd much rather say to them, look over here----> See Andy Cannizaro? .351 BA, nice huh??

Casey
    We have enough youth.

NYYF Legend

You're right but there's always that "add-on" player. And that scares me a bit. Not a lot, but a bit.
    Yeah, a prime example of this was/is Edwin Encarnacion, now playing in AA and one of the minors' top 3B prospects, as one of the throw-ins for Rob Bell when Texas gave Bell to the Reds.
    "I love Hughes, really I'm not kidding here, I am in love with him, I'm a straight male and I don't even know what he looks like, but I am in love."-JeterRodriguezSheff

NYYF Legend

I like Andy's bat and his hustle but he IMO does not have a MLB ss glove.

NYYF Legend

I think that is an insane idea that will severly deplete our farm from ever contributing in the next 2 years.

NYYF HOF

2 for 3 last night for Andy. He's now sitting at .343 for the season but still getting little recognition.

Sardinha was 1 for 3 and is sitting at .326

Casey
    We have enough youth.

Thread Information