+ Reply to Thread

Record for consecutive hits?

For the stat gurus:

I was talking over records yesterday with a buddy. We were discussing A-Rod's on base streak, etc etc. Came to thought...I have never heard mention for a consecutive hitting streak. In other words, no PO, K, etc in-between AB's, just pure hit after hit after hit..

Anyone know what the record is and by whom?

- Turbert

the record is 12, set by both Pinky Higgins of the Red Sox in 1938 and Walter "Moose" Dropo of the Tigers in 1952.

(our very own Bernie came close last year, with 11 consecutive hits)

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by WiffleWOOD
    He came close in 2002 actually.
    "I love Hughes, really I'm not kidding here, I am in love with him, I'm a straight male and I don't even know what he looks like, but I am in love."-JeterRodriguezSheff

NYYF Triple Crown

I think last year the closest player was Marcus Giles ... not sure on the number but IIRC it was after his injury with Mark Prior when he went on a tear and went 5/5 then 5/5 again or something like that... very very close

Funny how when the two guys got injured they both came back and went on tears..

Originally posted by ChewieTobbacca
    I think last year the closest player was Marcus Giles ... not sure on the number but IIRC it was after his injury with Mark Prior when he went on a tear and went 5/5 then 5/5 again or something like that... very very close

Funny how when the two guys got injured they both came back and went on tears..
    His streak reached nine:

http://www.savannahnow.com/stories/0...PTbraves.shtml

Fresh off a remarkable 5-for-5 performance in Tuesday night's win, Giles' hit streak ended at nine straight hits (7 singles, 2 home runs) with a drive to the center field warning track in the first. Giles popped to short in the third, tapped to second in the fifth, walked in the seventh, and went down swinging in the eighth.
    Fire Cashman!

Originally posted by NJASDJDH

He came close in 2002 actually.
    i'm an idiot. that's what i meant to write. i need to start slowing down before i hit "post."

Originally posted by WiffleWOOD
    the record is 12, set by both Pinky Higgins of the Red Sox in 1938 and Walter "Moose" Dropo of the Tigers in 1952.

Thanks! I remember Bernie doing it, couldn't remember how far away he was. 12 hits in a row: One would "think" this is an easy record to beat!

Thread Information