+ Reply to Thread

Setfocus on the title box, or the message box

Jim,
    Simple suggestion here. You know i'm a web page developer. I'm always thinking about how to make things quicker and easier.

Could you set the focus, when someone hits "reply", "quote", "edit", and "new thread" to either the title box, or the message box?

i'd suggest the message box for the first three functions, and the title box for the last one

-- Brian

function window.onload() {
    vbform.subject.focus();
    vbform.message.focus();
    }

p.s. couldn't you put those style sheets in a .css file, and save some bandwidth? Sorry, but i'm neurotic about this stuff!!

I guess we could do the same kinda thing for the PM window too. Figure out what the right control is to set the focus on, and do it in the window.onload..

How's that?

The new/reply PM templates weren't where I thought they'd be, so that's still the old way.

-jim
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

B-E-A-Utiful Thanks!
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Re: Setfocus on the title box, or the message box

Originally posted by Bozidar
    couldn't you put those style sheets in a .css file, and save some bandwidth?
    Finally got around to doing that . I also hard coded the ads instead of pulling them from the database server - too much unneccesary strain. Makes the pages load faster too.
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

Thread Information