+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Jackson Melian update-he is in AAA

Jackson Melian has been promoted to AAA. In AA he batter .265-30 for 113, 6 doubles, 2 triples, 3 HR, 16 RBI's, 11 BB, 0 HBP, 25 SO. In AAA, 5 for 9 with 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 RBI's, 0 BB, 1 HBP, 3 SO.

I am assuming he got bumped up when we took Bubba Crosby and took Bubba's spot in Columbus. I wish Melian the best and maybe he can become something to trade or develop to be an extra outfielder for the yanks.

NYYF MVP

He went 3-5 last night.

NYYF Legend

It would be wonderful if he finally starts showing the organization the kind of talent that everyone saw in him as a kid in Venezuela. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Forum Regular

the kid looked good and natural in columbus, watched him play his first game--kj
    [COLOR=red][SIZE=4][FONT=Impact]season ticket holder for our columbus clippers[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] and future of some other team..RIP YANKS IN OHIO...kjamidon

This is one prospect who gets a pass from me for developing slowly... What he went through... all he has is my respect... I wouldn't be surprised if we see him some time this year...

NYYF Triple Crown

I remember when that happened. Just tragic. I wish him the best.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Buzah!
    This is one prospect who gets a pass from me for developing slowly... What he went through... all he has is my respect... I wouldn't be surprised if we see him some time this year...
    what happened, how old is he

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by phanfo@hotmail.com

what happened, how old is he
    He's 24. What happened to him was that his parents died in a car accident the day he was signing with the Yankees IIRC.
    "I love Hughes, really I'm not kidding here, I am in love with him, I'm a straight male and I don't even know what he looks like, but I am in love."-JeterRodriguezSheff

Originally posted by NJASDJDH

He's 24. What happened to him was that his parents died in a car accident the day he was signing with the Yankees IIRC.
    I believe he witnessed the accident as well. Man...that had to be tough. I give the man alot of credit for gathering himself and continuing on his path. Don't know how I would have handled that.

Released Outright

You don't have the whole story

His parents came to follow him on a minor league road trip and they were leaving one stadium to travel to the next town and his parents were following the team bus when a truck pulled out on the highway and killed both of his parents.

It is an unbeleivable story and if there was anyone who you would want to succeed, it is this kid.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/17612.htm

Double A Trenton outfielder Jackson Melian was traded to the Braves for a player to be named later. He signed a ballyhooed $1.6M pact a few years ago but has never panned out in two stints with the franchise.
    Fire Cashman!

NYYF MVP

Man I hate "player to named later"....

NYYF Legend

I'm not happy we gave him away for APTBNL....He was doing well too.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

Devoted Member

I wonder what the problem with him. The Yanks resigned him just recently and then to give up on him again seems strange.

NYYF Legend

He wasn't given up on, he was utilized as he served no role in this organization.
    "I love Hughes, really I'm not kidding here, I am in love with him, I'm a straight male and I don't even know what he looks like, but I am in love."-JeterRodriguezSheff

It came down to numbers

The Yanks are going to send their prospects in Trenton for the 2nd half. As a result, while Sardinha and DeSalvo made bigger news for their call-ups, it was the quiet recall of OF/DH Kevin Thompson that made Melian expendable.

Thompson has shoulder surgery this past winter, and while he is normally a high energy CF, he has been forced to DH a lot. With Mitch Jones having to play OF more with Thompson getting some DH time, and Weber and Reese getting time as vets, Melian would see less time, so they moved him.

I hope they get a decent reliever for AA in return- the sorry cast of arms in the pen there are really hurting them. Henn, Ortiz and Wang have all been victimized by the pen numerous times this year. bringin up Pope will help, but they need more arms in the pen.

Thread Information