+ Reply to Thread

Bubba Crosby's MLEs?

Can anyone find Bubba Crosby's MLEs for his career? I tried but was unable to. I did read some comments about him on a Dodger site noting that his minor league career was pretty undistinguished until he went to hitter's haven Las Vegas last year. To top that off, he was one of the older players in the PCL at the same time.
    Is he Marcus Thames (whose HR against Pedro and good numbers at a similar age brought the same sort of response from Yankee fans and the media a couple of years ago?)

Re: Bubba Crosby's MLEs?

Originally posted by markp
    Can anyone find Bubba Crosby's MLEs for his career? I tried but was unable to. I did read some comments about him on a Dodger site noting that his minor league career was pretty undistinguished until he went to hitter's haven Las Vegas last year. To top that off, he was one of the older players in the PCL at the same time.
    Is he Marcus Thames (whose HR against Pedro and good numbers at a similar age brought the same sort of response from Yankee fans and the media a couple of years ago?)
    Could be, but he still may be better than Lofton who doesn't slug and who is in a major decline. He's also better than Lofton defensively

I found this page for 2003 MLEs.

http://www.prospectreport.com/pp/2003pp.htm

I just searched for Crosby. Interestingly, it has Bubba as a 2B. So, perhaps there were 2 Bubba Crosby's in the Dodger farm system, the website made a mistake, or the Yanks should be moving Wilson and let Crosby play at second.

The projections show he will be most likely the next Thames (who actually hit the homerun off of Randy Johnson).

And actually, Thames has better MLEs (he's on the same page).

He's Shane Spencer lite

He's probably going to be worse than Lofton at the plate, at least from everything I've seen about him. And since Lofton isn't going anywhere, I think using him as one of the chips for a decent 2B while his value is perceived higher than it is makes sense.

Re: He's Shane Spencer lite

Originally posted by markp
    He's probably going to be worse than Lofton at the plate, at least from everything I've seen about him. And since Lofton isn't going anywhere, I think using him as one of the chips for a decent 2B while his value is perceived higher than it is makes sense.
    I agree, just like in business - sell high, buy low. If the Yanks do trade Bubba, it will be interesting to see the backlash from the media/fans.

Thread Information