+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jagr to Isles?

Addicted Member

I'm reading where Mario Jr. may end up with the Isles over the summer as Mario Sr. works to unload what will eventually be a bank-busting salary commanded by Jr.

Is this pure balderdash or is there some substance in it? Charlie Wang and Co. desparately need to pump some life into this franchise or it may be beyond repair, it seems. Each year without at least a playoff berth and a bit of hope for the future for the fans gets very old...

Jagr in an Islanders uniform would really have the natives restless, in a good way, of course. With Jagr on board, attracting high-quality help would be much easier obviously.

What say you, Islander fans?

I'm not an Islanders fan but if you were in Lemieux's position owning and playing on the same line as arguably the best player in the game would you trade him?

James

Addicted Member

Mario will not be able to afford Jagr, plain and simple. His first concern is the continued stability of the Penguins franchise, whether or not that includes Jagr.

If I were Mario I would indeed trade him for high-quality picks and maybe a proven player who would save a boatload of money and also have positive future ramifications.

I dunno, M&M. Considering how talented Jagr is and how much he means to the Pens and Lemieux personally I have a hard time believing he'd trade him. Your point about the financial state of the team is a valid one but my gut feeling tells me Mario would move anyone on the team, even several players, if it meant the difference between keeping or losing Jagr.

James

Thread Information