Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

McDonalds to phase out "super-size" meals

Due to pressure from lawyers and the sort, "super-size" meals are being phased out at McDonalds.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Re: McDonalds to phase out "super-size" meals

Originally posted by GoRocket
    Due to pressure from lawyers and the sort, "super-size" meals are being phased out at McDonalds.
    Say it ain't so...

Have some self-control people.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

Re: Re: McDonalds to phase out "super-size" meals

Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

Say it ain't so...

Have some self-control people.
    Yup, for those of us in this country not smart enough to realize a troth of greasy french fries and a gallon of sugar-filled soda is bad for you this policy is for you.
    Life is good!

This is a great deal for Mickey D's, now all the people who ordered the super size meal, will now order two large fries instead of one

NYYF Triple Crown

What's next? Are they going to start closing down all-you-can-eat buffets?

What I am supposed to do when I am PMSing?? I am not ordering two of anything.

I'm sorry but people are getting fat in this country NOT because McDonald's has a Super Sized option...it's because people DON'T EXERCISE!!!! I eat McDonalds and everytime I go I get my meal Super Sized and guess what? My ass isn't the size of a dump truck because I walk around every once in awhile.

You know what's making this country fat? The internet and video games. People can spend 8 hours on their computers and not even realize it. And as they sit there their asses are spreading.

People need to stop blaming fast food restaurants and blame themselves for their fat asses....

Released Outright
    Originally posted by AMC
    What's next? Are they going to start closing down all-you-can-eat buffets?
    NO!!!! I love my China buffet. I binge there . And I still way nothing, as some people on this forum can attest to. I just exercise a lot and try to watch what I eat (but normally don't care, I've had four muffins today and two cookies...and I still have a 30 waste)

Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar
    Originally posted by StaceyRosie
    What I am supposed to do when I am PMSing?? I am not ordering two of anything.

I'm sorry but people are getting fat in this country NOT because McDonald's has a Super Sized option...it's because people DON'T EXERCISE!!!! I eat McDonalds and everytime I go I get my meal Super Sized and guess what? My ass isn't the size of a dump truck because I walk around every once in awhile.

You know what's making this country fat? The internet and video games. People can spend 8 hours on their computers and not even realize it. And as they sit there their asses are spreading.

People need to stop blaming fast food restaurants and blame themselves for their fat asses....
    You're so right it's sick. I eat a sh*tload of food-- at least 4,500 calories a day. But I'm only 160 because I run my ass off and stay away from soda. That's the key folks.
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

hmm so does this mean that the other fast food places with "bigger" size options are gonna have to get rid of them?
    I represent me, myself, and I...If you have any questions please direct them towards me.

I'm not what you really would call thin (low metabolism, I guess) but I can never actually finish a super size meal...so I wouldn't order it anyway. I live on fries though...hehe.
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

Originally posted by yankeesnum1
    This is a great deal for Mickey D's, now all the people who ordered the super size meal, will now order two large fries instead of one
    Bingo!
    Life is good!

Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar
    It all boils down to stupid people not being held accountable for their actions. Don't want to be fat? Then have a cold sandwich for lunch instead of a Big Mac!! It's not rocket science. But for God's sake, STOP blaming other people for your obesity!!
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

Originally posted by nyyfanatic85

You're so right it's sick. I eat a sh*tload of food-- at least 4,500 calories a day. But I'm only 160 because I run my ass off and stay away from soda. That's the key folks.
    You have been blessed with good metabolism and high energy levels. Not everyone is so fortunate.

That said, I *totally* agree that people need to take responsibility for their own eating habits. These frivolous lawsuits are utterly ridiculous! &po'd&

Jenn
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Originally posted by jlw1980

You have been blessed with good metabolism and high energy levels. Not everyone is so fortunate.

That said, I *totally* agree that people need to take responsibility for their own eating habits. These frivolous lawsuits are utterly ridiculous! &po'd&

Jenn
    Relax, having a good metabolism is only a temporary blessing.

Originally posted by Rich

Relax, having a good metabolism is only a temporary blessing.
    How so? Does it not last?

Jenn
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Originally posted by jlw1980

How so? Does it not last?

Jenn
    When I was 18 I could eat two sandwiches before bed, and never gain weight. By the time I was 30 that ended. Although there are individual differences, the older you get, the more careful you have to be about what you eat and when you eat it. Also, the amount of excerise you have to do to even break even, increases.

Just Keep Winning Baby. C-BUS CLIPPER's Avatar
    It all boils down to stupid people not being held accountable for their actions. Don't want to be fat? Then have a cold sandwich for lunch instead of a Big Mac!! It's not rocket science. But for God's sake, STOP blaming other people for your obesity!!
    Great call Doug!!!! SO TRUE.
    [center][SIZE=3]FREE CHRIS BRITTON.[/SIZE][/center]

NYYF Legend

Metabolism.?...oh yeah...had plenty of it in my youth.Even until my late 30's. Once the ol' genetic's started to kick in..."Hypothyroid".
    (Females in my family going back to GrandMother/Great Aunt are prevelant.) ...Hello..."wanna sleep all day!!!"

Not to single out "Micky D's"...when will Wendy's discontinue the "Biggie Size"..?...

Originally posted by Rich

When I was 18 I could eat two sandwiches before bed, and never gain weight. By the time I was 30 that ended. Although there are individual differences, the older you get, the more careful you have to be about what you eat and when you eat it. Also, the amount of excerise you have to do to even break even, increases.
    That sucks, but I don't feel sorry for you. I'm not quite 24 and my metabolism is shot to hell. It was never great, but I've had trouble with its being "bad" since my late teens. I can eat next-to-nothing and still not lose weight, or do so at a snail's pace - if I'm lucky. Oh, well, what can you do?

Jenn
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Originally posted by StaceyRosie
    I'm sorry but people are getting fat in this country NOT because McDonald's has a Super Sized option...it's because people DON'T EXERCISE!!!!
    With respect to porportion, what you wrote is exactly opposite of the truth. Most Americans could use some more exercise, as we've become a sedentary society. But the number one factor in obesity is and always will be diet. A supersized quarter pounder meal is 1560 calories. You need to run 6 mph for 2 hours to burn that off.

Personally I applaud McDonalds for backing off the supersize thing. The rise in obesity in this country has gone hand in hand with the fast food boom - no coincidence. Considering that heart disease is the number one cause of death in this country - due directly to poor diet and minimal exercise - I for one am glad that many of these places are now offering healthier foods like potatoes, salads, grilled chicken, bottled water, etc. It at least gives people who have been conditioned to the on-the-go way of life a choice.

Concerning the extra large portions that have become the standard not just at fast food resturants but at all resturants - did you know that it's a proven and well documented fact that people will continue to eat long after they are no longer hungry if there is still food on their plate? In studies of eating habits it's been shown that if you give people proper portions of food that they will be satisfied and not crave more. But if you double the portions they don't not eat the rest, they eat the whole thing and even feel unsatisfied if directed to not finish what's on their plate. So, give a person 8 ounces of mac and cheese and they're full, but give them 12 ounces and tell them to eat only 10 and they aren't full. Interesting, no?

Anyway, we somehow survived up until about ten years ago without supersized anything. Once it's fazed out no one will even care.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know
    I have never super sized anything, nor do I plan to, but if somebody wants a lot of french fries, who are we to stop them from eating. This is ludacrous (and I really don't know if that word is spelled right because I always confuse the actual spelling of the word with the rapper's name).
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

Originally posted by SuperMario66
    if somebody wants a lot of french fries, who are we to stop them from eating.
    Nobody is stopping anyone from eating all the fries they want. McDonalds has made a decision to stop selling a certain size of a product is all. If someone finds that a large size of fries doesn't cut it I'm sure McDonalds will allow them to buy more.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

I despise fast food , and I'm still overweight. Go fig.

But yeah, people really need to take responsibility for their actions -- though in all honesty, I think what McDonalds is doing is a good thing, doing away with mega-portions. I mean, when you go to buy fast food and you see the difference between a Large meal and getting 25% more (or whatever the Supersize ratio is) is only a couple of small coins, how could you turn down such a bargain? Likely most of the people were completely content with the large fries before they even invented Supersizes -- they would never miss it if it weren't there to begin with. And chances are, you give someone a large one day they'll finish it and be satisfied. You put the Supersize in front of them, they'll gorge and finish that, because it's the portion they ordered. Sometimes it's really hard to exercise portion control when there's food in front of you -- many people just can't avoid finishing whatever's on their plate during any given meal. Kudos to McDonalds for noticing and trying to do something about it.
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

Originally posted by patrick.o

With respect to porportion, what you wrote is exactly opposite of the truth. Most Americans could use some more exercise, as we've become a sedentary society. But the number one factor in obesity is and always will be diet. A supersized quarter pounder meal is 1560 calories. You need to run 6 mph for 2 hours to burn that off.

Personally I applaud McDonalds for backing off the supersize thing. The rise in obesity in this country has gone hand in hand with the fast food boom - no coincidence. Considering that heart disease is the number one cause of death in this country - due directly to poor diet and minimal exercise - I for one am glad that many of these places are now offering healthier foods like potatoes, salads, grilled chicken, bottled water, etc. It at least gives people who have been conditioned to the on-the-go way of life a choice.

Concerning the extra large portions that have become the standard not just at fast food resturants but at all resturants - did you know that it's a proven and well documented fact that people will continue to eat long after they are no longer hungry if there is still food on their plate? In studies of eating habits it's been shown that if you give people proper portions of food that they will be satisfied and not crave more. But if you double the portions they don't not eat the rest, they eat the whole thing and even feel unsatisfied if directed to not finish what's on their plate. So, give a person 8 ounces of mac and cheese and they're full, but give them 12 ounces and tell them to eat only 10 and they aren't full. Interesting, no?

Anyway, we somehow survived up until about ten years ago without supersized anything. Once it's fazed out no one will even care.
    Whoa, Patrick -- I totally missed that post! You said exactly what I tried to say above, but better!
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

Originally posted by patrick.o

Somehow I think the people that really like the fries will be ordering another order along with their Large instead of supersize box anyway.
    Life is good!

Thread Information