+ Reply to Thread

Jeff Weaver is eager to revive his career... (article)

A Big, Blue Boost
    A career nadir behind him, Jeff Weaver is eager to revive his career with his beloved Dodgers.
    By Andy Boogaard, The Fresno Bee
    Thursday, January 29, 2004

Grooooooooooooooooooooan.

As long as he stays 3000 miles away, he can do whatever he wants with his career. Best of luck to him in a uniform that is NOT pinstriped!

NYYF Legend

Good luck to him ... except for when the Yankees play the Dodgers next summer, of course!

With the benefit of the Dodgers' superior infield defense, I predict that Weaver will begin to fulfill the potential he exhibited with the Tigers.

NYYF Triple Crown

Originally posted by Rich
    With the benefit of the Dodgers' superior infield defense, I predict that Weaver will begin to fulfill the potential he exhibited with the Tigers.
    I agree.
    [img]http://myteamdaily.dnsalias.org/images/teami/cfl/helmet/kka.gif[/img]
    Goodbye Gravy, Nash and Olson. You'll be missed.
    Moose for 2004 Cy Young.--Josh

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by NJOBP36

I agree.
    As do I, but infield defense doesn't really matter when the ball's hit over the fence. I gotta stop being negative about him though. He's the new Dodger I always forget about, probably on purpose, more of me blocking him out, and no matter how badly I wanna let him have it as a Yanks fan, I gotta pull for him as a Dodgers fan. I feel a lot of biting my tongue coming on.

It will indeed be interesting to see where in the rotation he pitches. The Dodgers basically have 7 guys who are ready to start... maybe one of them can be part of a trade for a good bat. Too bad Odalis "D*mn there goes my no-hitter" Perez isn't worth a whole lot, as he's the guy I think they could afford to lose right now, skills-wise. We'll see. Eh... go Weaver.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

Bring on October!! nyyfanatic85's Avatar
    Good luck Jeff. I'm sure by the time most Dodger fans get to the game (4th inning or so) you'll already have hit the showers.
    Global Warming and climate change hysteria could well represent the historical pinnacle of collective insanity.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by nyyfanatic85
    Good luck Jeff. I'm sure by the time most Dodger fans get to the game (4th inning or so) you'll already have hit the showers.
    That's all I have to say about that, Doug.
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

Originally posted by nyyfanatic85
    Nah he'll do fine. ..but uh, that's what I said last year too. Maybe L.A. will let him re-grow his mullet.. I think the mullet was his real source of pitching prowess in Detroit. When the Yanks forced him to cut it, his pitching went down the drain.

NYYF Triple Crown

Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

As do I, but infield defense doesn't really matter when the ball's hit over the fence. I gotta stop being negative about him though. He's the new Dodger I always forget about, probably on purpose, more of me blocking him out, and no matter how badly I wanna let him have it as a Yanks fan, I gotta pull for him as a Dodgers fan. I feel a lot of biting my tongue coming on.

It will indeed be interesting to see where in the rotation he pitches. The Dodgers basically have 7 guys who are ready to start... maybe one of them can be part of a trade for a good bat. Too bad Odalis "D*mn there goes my no-hitter" Perez isn't worth a whole lot, as he's the guy I think they could afford to lose right now, skills-wise. We'll see. Eh... go Weaver.
    Weaver didn't give up many homers this year, and even though Yankee Stadium is a pitchers park, Dodger Stadium is an even better one plus he won't have the DH.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, there was a lot more homers hit in Dodger Stadium than in Yankee Stadium this year. And a few more the year before.
    [img]http://myteamdaily.dnsalias.org/images/teami/cfl/helmet/kka.gif[/img]
    Goodbye Gravy, Nash and Olson. You'll be missed.
    Moose for 2004 Cy Young.--Josh

Just Keep Winning Baby. C-BUS CLIPPER's Avatar
    Originally posted by Irabu's Son

Nah he'll do fine. ..but uh, that's what I said last year too. Maybe L.A. will let him re-grow his mullet.. I think the mullet was his real source of pitching prowess in Detroit. When the Yanks forced him to cut it, his pitching went down the drain.
    Never doubt the power of a mullet. I think he will actually do better this year.
    [center][SIZE=3]FREE CHRIS BRITTON.[/SIZE][/center]

Thread Information