+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SoSH gives props to Ben Thacker

http://pub208.ezboard.com/fsonsofsam...ID=12661.topic

I would agree as well... excellent (unbiased) analysis by Ben.

Those were awesome articles that Ben wrote and I'm glad that a lot of folks are recognizing that!

-Deborah

he did a real good job with that stuff, Id like to see him do the same on the yankee side though and then compare the two, for objectivity..not the like the thread you guys had here a while back where some claimed that the yankees were better in every position without question...
    Every Single Second is a Chance to Change Everything!

Giambi-bashing bewilders me pacewon's Avatar
    HotSox: Occasionally at nyyfans.com you will come across some people who have actual insight, instead of "nosemah" and emoticons.

The SoSH board if the official home of the "Derek Lowe for Hall of Fame" thread

Devoted Member

Originally posted by pacewon
    HotSox: Occasionally at nyyfans.com you will come across some people who have actual insight, instead of "nosemah" and emoticons.

You mean the thread where the guy got ripped up for suggesting it? The one where it was generally agreed that a) it would take a miracle or b) it would take 17 years or so of great seasons?

You bring that thread up a lot. Did you even read it?

/edit

My memory is faulty. I just re-read the thread, please change b) above to read "A decade more of 17 win seasons and a lot of help"

that's right
    Originally posted by OilCan

I for one, didn't. I don't like reading threads over there because not only is there a lot of talk about "us" over there, but the talk tends to be defamatory and insulting. Add to that the fact that I can't post and defend us, why the hell would I want to read that stuff?

Devoted Member

Originally posted by bakntime

I for one, didn't. I don't like reading threads over there because not only is there a lot of talk about "us" over there, but the talk tends to be defamatory and insulting. Add to that the fact that I can't post and defend us, why the hell would I want to read that stuff?
    That's fine.

But you don't constantly bring up that thread as an example of why, apparently, nothing that's said at SoSH has any value.

I'm not a member, btw, I just like to lurk there.

Ben Thacker's articles are excellent, btw (just to keep this somewhat on topic).

Giambi-bashing bewilders me pacewon's Avatar
    Originally posted by OilCan

You mean the thread where the guy got ripped up for suggesting it? The one where it was generally agreed that a) it would take a miracle or b) it would take 17 years or so of great seasons?

/edit

My memory is faulty. I just re-read the thread, please change b) above to read "A decade more of 17 win seasons and a lot of help"
    I saw several people agree with it and the original poster of it stick to his/her guns because the realistic people there couldn't convince them.

Sorry, but if a SoSH poster is gonna say something like "Occasionally at nyyfans.com you will come across some people who have actual insight, instead of "nosemah" and emoticons" you better expect to hear a little about something as ridiculous as a Derek Lowe 4 HOF thread on this site

Devoted Member

I saw several people agree with it and the original poster of it stick to his/her guns because the realistic people there couldn't convince them.

See, this is an accurate characterization of the thread. Thanks.

another Sox board also looked at Thacker's articles. Well received for most part

NYYFANS.COM looks at Sox bullpen

NYYFANS.COM looks at Boston Part 1 and Part 2

Pretty damn cool.

Devoted Member

Originally posted by nufced1918
    another Sox board also looked at Thacker's articles. Well received for most part

NYYFANS.COM looks at Sox bullpen

NYYFANS.COM looks at Boston Part 1 and Part 2
    If Devil's Island screams "Me too, over here, hey look at me!", does it actually make a sound?

That aside, I thought Ben did an intelligent, reasoned and dispassionate analysis.
    Because the Marlins are appealing this verdict and because I know very little about the actual case other than the verdict, I can not comment yet on this. And I'm not going to comment on ridiculous remarks from a pitcher. Tying two inaccurate things together is something I should expect from no-name imbeciles. - John W. Henry, Owner, Boston Red Sox
    [url]http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamhornbostonredsox.showMessageRange?topicID=13695.topic&start=1&stop=20[/url]

Talk about taking something out of context. The premise of the thread was pretty much "does this guy have any sort of chace" ... and the general reaction was "no" ... some people argued that he'd have a chance if he continued his success over the past 2 years for another decade + (which most refuted would ever happen)..

I seem to remember a thread here last spring where many posters argued passionately that NJ was a near lock for the HOF (as were most of the other regulars)
    Yecul? Anyone? Yecul?

Just Keep Winning Baby. C-BUS CLIPPER's Avatar
    SoSH=
    [center][SIZE=3]FREE CHRIS BRITTON.[/SIZE][/center]

Originally posted by C-BUS CLIPPER
    SoSH=
    thanks for the valuable contribution to the discussion.
    Yecul? Anyone? Yecul?

Devil's Island has an open membership and NYY fans are welcomed there in fact will be given a NY logo if they request one

Thacker's articles well well written with very little bias which as a baseball fan is all one can ask.

Originally posted by Pedro's cuff

If Devil's Island screams "Me too, over here, hey look at me!", does it actually make a sound?

That aside, I thought Ben did an intelligent, reasoned and dispassionate analysis.

NYYFANS.com got a post on the masslive.com Red Sox forum as well.

Released Outright

Add to that the fact that I can't post and defend us, why the hell would I want to read that stuff?
    Neither can many, many lifelong Red Sox fans that, at least in my case, even work in a related industry (sports finance consulting).

Devoted Member

Originally posted by nufced1918
    Devil's Island has an open membership and NYY fans are welcomed there in fact will be given a NY logo if they request one
    Will you be sucking up to them more or less than you do here?
    Because the Marlins are appealing this verdict and because I know very little about the actual case other than the verdict, I can not comment yet on this. And I'm not going to comment on ridiculous remarks from a pitcher. Tying two inaccurate things together is something I should expect from no-name imbeciles. - John W. Henry, Owner, Boston Red Sox
    [url]http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamhornbostonredsox.showMessageRange?topicID=13695.topic&start=1&stop=20[/url]

that's right
    Originally posted by captainintangibles

thanks for the valuable contribution to the discussion.
    It's an OPEN membership Yankee discussion board... What do you expect? There's bound to be a few from the "everything Red Sox" sucks crowd. Why be bothered by it? Why continue to inflame the disucssion with a comment like that? Nobody else seemed to pay the comment much attention.

Will you be sucking up to them more or less than you do here?
    Could you be any more condescending?... Jesus Christ I've never seen so many judgemental people. Just because a Sox fan doesn't come on here and attack every single Yankee fan who doesn't think the Sox will be the best team ever in 2004 doesn't mean he's "sucking up".

Holy ****.

Devoted Member

Could you be any more condescending?
    That was more dismissive than condescending but I see how you could get the two confused.

that's right

That was more dismissive than condescending but I see how you could get the two confused.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm so used to Sox fans talking down to Yankee fans around here it is easy to see how I could make that mistake.

Thacker's most recent one here - re Foulke v. Rivera - also was good, I thought. He does a good job of putting a Yankee bias aside and putting together a pretty objective analysis with some grounding (but not overly so) in stats / facts.

Devoted Member

Yeah, you're right. I'm so used to Sox fans talking down to Yankee fans around here it is easy to see how I could make that mistake.
    Sorry Vito. I'll let him be so the alternating tongue bath and "hey, look at me" posts can continue without interference.

that's right

Sorry Vito. I'll let him be so the alternating tongue bath and "hey, look at me" posts can continue without interference.
    Look, sometimes I'm just as annoyed by the assinine drivel that does happen here... it's a public forum and it's to be expected.

When you make your sarcastic posts, however, all it does is draw more attention to the offending poster. You're indulging them. If we just let the **** posts go by unnoticed, they're a lot easier to ignore, and the people making the posts will start to get bored.

Thread Information