+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

andy/rocket on the all star team ???

what do you think if andy and or rocket get to the nat'l league all star team ??? and have to face a bunch of yankees who could also make the team, especially with joe picking some of the players, and don't forget , we need to win this again to get home field advantage !!! could be very interesting..........

Released Outright rightfielder21's Avatar
    Pequannock, New Jersey (Birthplace of Derek Jeter)
    Roger only made it because it was supposed to be his final season... no chance he steals away another spot from a more deserving player...

Andy was only an all-star twice in his 9 years in NY... 1996 and 2001... once of which he was picked by Torre... Between adjusting to a new league and pitching in that park, I don't seem him being an all-star...

While I agree that it's unlikely, it's certainly possible, and I imagine if it happens they'll all be happy to see each other again.

Originally posted by rightfielder21
    Roger only made it because it was supposed to be his final season... no chance he steals away another spot from a more deserving player...

Andy was only an all-star twice in his 9 years in NY... 1996 and 2001... once of which he was picked by Torre... Between adjusting to a new league and pitching in that park, I don't seem him being an all-star...
    That's the way I see it also..... The chances of either making the All-Star team are slim and none.

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

They may not want to attend the all-star game because it would force them to spend more time away from home.

Originally posted by Rich
    They may not want to attend the all-star game because it would force them to spend more time away from home.
    Great point Rich

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Yankee from day one

Not Really

Not really a good point because the game will be played in Houston. How ironic.

NYYF Cy Young

and i'm thinking, reading these posts, if they aren't all star material, according to most of you , then why are we so upset at their leaving ??? believe me , we may be better off with brown and vasquez !!!

Originally posted by mr G
    and i'm thinking, reading these posts, if they aren't all star material, according to most of you , then why are we so upset at their leaving ??? believe me , we may be better off with brown and vasquez !!!
    We're definitely better off with Brown and Vazquez. These two leaving only benefitted the yanks.

Re: Not Really

Originally posted by btmyank
    Not really a good point because the game will be played in Houston. How ironic.
    What were the odds of that?

that's right
    Pettitte and Clemens were average pitchers for a great team last year. Clemens faded after the All-Star break (.266 BAA, 4.24 ERA, 2.7 K/BB ratio as opposed to 3.7 ratio before the break and just 6.4 K/9 after the break as opposed to 9.3 K/9 before).

I have a feeling that he's on his last legs in terms of being able to compete at a high level. The size of Orange Juice park isn't going to help him either, although strangely Clemens was much worse at home last year than on the road

Anyway, the only way either of these guys makes the All Star team is if they get some great/timely run support like they did with the Yankees, and have a good record, becuase I can't imagine their ERA/WHIP/BAA, etc, being all that spectacular.

that's right

Re: Re: Not Really

about 1 in 30.

NYYF Legend

Pettite and Clemens will probably have the same era's of 4.00, which is average. Pettitte will suffer more because he got more run support, and the bullpen didn't screw him as much. Without the Yankee offense neither of these guys would have won their number of games. They will win about 30 games between them. And no all-star game, neither will have the stats and clemens will not get the nod from selig this year, because is this his last year or not. Brown and Vasquez are a very solid upgrade.

Re: Re: Not Really

Nice try Rich...I can't believe that got by you..

Re: andy/rocket on the all star team ???

Originally posted by mr G
    what do you think
    I think it's pretty friggin obvious that they're not yankees any more.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Re: Re: andy/rocket on the all star team ???

Originally posted by Bozidar
    I think it's pretty friggin obvious that they're not yankees any more.

I think Roger should make the All Star Team...It just might be the last time this Great Warrior will ever have a chance to be on an All Star Team.

I also think that every fan in every Stadium should take a flash picture of every pitch he ever throws, why, you never ever know if that pitch may be his last.

Oh, and EVERY time he steps off the mound next season EVERY fan (even those at home watching TV or listening to the radio, or a Web Cast, or even following along on ESPN.com as those little makebelieve players run off & on the field) should stand up and cheer loudly and with all their might. They may be cheering for his final appearance.

Oh, and after EACH inning Roger pitches as he leaves the field of play, the other team (players, coaches, managers, ball/bat boys, trainers, team officials) should also step out of the dugout, clap wildly and look adoringly out towards Roger and know that they may be witnessing his last walk off a field.

Oh yeah & the media should set up daily interviews with Roger. I'm sure the Planet is going to want to know just what is on this sure Hall of Famers mind at any given moment.

Yes, folks, this is gonna be a very special season as "The Rocket" embarks on his Second Final ("this time I mean it") More Than Likely, Farewell Season.

Sit back and enjoy it. I know I will.
    Pardon, for us.

LMAO...

Clemens yes, Pettitte no, but who knows. Clemens, as much as the fans hated him, was always one of the best pitchers in the league, and he's one of the top 10 pitchers ever.

I doubt Pettitte will get it.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by JDPNYY
    I think Roger should make the All Star Team...It just might be the last time this Great Warrior will ever have a chance to be on an All Star Team.

I also think that every fan in every Stadium should take a flash picture of every pitch he ever throws, why, you never ever know if that pitch may be his last.

Oh, and EVERY time he steps off the mound next season EVERY fan (even those at home watching TV or listening to the radio, or a Web Cast, or even following along on ESPN.com as those little makebelieve players run off & on the field) should stand up and cheer loudly and with all their might. They may be cheering for his final appearance.

Oh, and after EACH inning Roger pitches as he leaves the field of play, the other team (players, coaches, managers, ball/bat boys, trainers, team officials) should also step out of the dugout, clap wildly and look adoringly out towards Roger and know that they may be witnessing his last walk off a field.

Oh yeah & the media should set up daily interviews with Roger. I'm sure the Planet is going to want to know just what is on this sure Hall of Famers mind at any given moment.

Yes, folks, this is gonna be a very special season as "The Rocket" embarks on his Second Final ("this time I mean it") More Than Likely, Farewell Season.

Sit back and enjoy it. I know I will.
    The first sentence scared me a little...
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by yanksrule69

Me too! But that was hilarious!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Originally posted by deranged2005
    Clemens yes, Pettitte no, but who knows. Clemens, as much as the fans hated him, was always one of the best pitchers in the league, and he's one of the top 10 pitchers ever.
    So what does that have to do with him being on the All-Star team?

Originally posted by yanksrule69

That first sentence scared me a little too!
    Pardon, for us.

Originally posted by rightfielder21
    So what does that have to do with him being on the All-Star team?
    Coaches pick the pitchers, and he was always good, so picked a lot. He'll be good again, and because he's Roger Clemens, now an Astro, has a decent shot, I think.

Originally posted by deranged2005

Coaches pick the pitchers, and he was always good, so picked a lot. He'll be good again, and because he's Roger Clemens, now an Astro, has a decent shot, I think.
    He was only picked last year becuase it was supposed to be his last year, and better pitcher was left in in his place... DOn't look for that to happen again...

Thread Information