+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SI Commercial

SI Commercial

Has anyone seen the "Payback Illustrated" commercial by Sports Illustrated? I think it's a great commercial. It includes Bledsoe beating the Pats, Lennox Lewis knocking an opponent out, Brock Berlin celebrating after beating his former school, U of Florida, John Gruden celebrating the Super Bowl Title with an image of a disgusted Al Davis and a Raider player falling on the ground, and best of all, Roger Clemens pitching in a Red Sox uniform, then dominating in Fenway while long-suffering Sox faithful watch in the stands.

Hopefully, come next fall, SI will be able to add a clip of Derek Jeter hitting a game winning, WS winning HR off of Andy Pettitte. I can see it now, the Yankees are celebrating, while Andy watches in disgust, and says to himself, "WTF was I thinking!?!?!?!? I'm a f#$@&*! idiot!!" And then they show Javier Vazquez being presented with the WS MVP award.

Although,

the Stro's will probably not be in the WS. But I hope they make, just so we can bitch slap Pettitte.

It would be great to beat the Astros, but there's really no need for such intense levels of hostility against Andy. He is a human being, and he made the choice that suited him best.

I'd rather see us not make the Series and Pettitte bitch-slap Steinbrenner and the rest of the Yankee front office. I know, blasphemy, but honestly, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by penguin4
    I'd rather see us not make the Series and Pettitte bitch-slap Steinbrenner and the rest of the Yankee front office. I know, blasphemy, but honestly, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????
    Clearly, SOMEBODY needs to slap Steinbrenner.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Re: SI Commercial

Originally posted by InGeorgeWeTrust27
    Hopefully, come next fall, SI will be able to add a clip of Derek Jeter hitting a game winning, WS winning HR off of Andy Pettitte. I can see it now, the Yankees are celebrating, while Andy watches in disgust, and says to himself, "WTF was I thinking!?!?!?!? I'm a f#$@&*! idiot!!" And then they show Javier Vazquez being presented with the WS MVP award.
    Take another hit off that bong while you're at it. Whew, the stuff you must be smoking

How would that be payback? Payback would be Andy striking out Sheffield to end the World Series. However, I don't think anyone should be penciling the Astros in as NL Champs.
    "America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field and then have a party."
    - Borat Sagdiyev

Pettitte wanted out

InGeorgeWeTrust27

Although,
    the Stro's will probably not be in the WS. But I hope they make, just so we can bitch slap Pettitte.

and I did say that it is highly unlikely the Stros would make it.

I can see it now...Bottom 9, Game 7, 3-0 Astros lead, Pettitte on the hill, the Yankees make two quick outs but then quickly load the bases, the Stros pen isn't ready because of the quick onslaught of Yankees hits...The hitter? Derek Jeter...we see the damn graphic saying that Jeter has the most ABs of any active player without a Grand Slam...he inside-outs one towards the short porch in right...we never have to see that graphic again.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Addicted Member
    Does EVERY thread in this forum turn into an "Andy" thread?

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Re: SI Commercial

Originally posted by InGeorgeWeTrust27
    [. . .] Lennox Lewis knocking an opponent out [. . .]
    The opponent was Hasim Rahman. I believe they show Rahman beating Lewis for the title, and then Lewis knocking out Rahman to regain the title.

NYYF Cy Young

Originally posted by cbs68
    Does EVERY thread in this forum turn into an "Andy" thread?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    No. We alternate. One about Andy and one about Vlad, two players that ought to be wearing Yankee pinstripes in 2004. Aren't you glad we're done with Weaver???
    [B]The Yankees have been blessed with great players over the years. Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Phil Rizzuto, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and now Mark Teixeira to name a few. [/B]

Originally posted by 35Knucklecurve

Clearly, SOMEBODY needs to slap Steinbrenner.
    This has been said many, many times. But no one listens

Re: Pettitte wanted out

And for that he is an evil person we all must hate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Soriambi
    I can see it now...Bottom 9, Game 7, 3-0 Astros lead, Pettitte on the hill, the Yankees make two quick outs but then quickly load the bases, the Stros pen isn't ready because of the quick onslaught of Yankees hits...The hitter? Derek Jeter...we see the darn graphic saying that Jeter has the most ABs of any active player without a Grand Slam...he inside-outs one towards the short porch in right...we never have to see that graphic again.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
    Why not? I just watched a replay of the 2003 ALCS, Game 7 on ESPN Classics last night. I look back at that game in awe. If that game could end up that way, you never know what could happen. Keep your dream alive!
    I want to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee fan.

Looking ahead to 2009... RIyankee's Avatar
    Without Steinbrenner, our last WS title would have been in 1962.
    Yes, George is a double-edged sword at times. But here are some facts...

In the winter of 1976-77, George wanted Reggie, Billy wanted Joe Rudi.

Steinbrenner felt that Andy was an overachiever and wasn't worth Colon money. I agree.

Andy won't have Mo or Wagner closing out games for him and he'll be piching home games in a hitter's ballpark - so we will see who's right by Sept. 2004. Personally I'd be surprised if he gets 15 Ws.

BTW SI must have been desperate for footage since Belichick's Defenses have gotten the better of Bledsoe whether he was playing against the Jets or Patriots. So the Bills won on week #1 whoop-dee-do! We all know what has happened since then. The REAL payback will take place Sat. 12/27/2003 - and I will be at that game.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][U][URL="http://reason.com/"]Reason Online[/URL]
    [URL="http://junkscience.com/"]Junk Science[/URL]
    [URL="http://reason.tv/"]Drew Carey Project[/URL][/U][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by RIyankee
    BTW SI must have been desperate for footage since Belichick's Defenses have gotten the better of Bledsoe whether he was playing against the Jets or Patriots. So the Bills won on week #1 whoop-dee-do! We all know what has happened since then. The REAL payback will take place Sat. 12/27/2003 - and I will be at that game.

Week 1: Bills 31, Pats 0
    Week 17: Pats 31, Bills 0
    ... what wonderful symmetry, no?

And I am now moving back to the NFL 2003 subforum where I belong...
    NYYFFFL: Impact Litigators

Thread Information