+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF MVP

It only took four months, but I finally got to see the Islanders on the tube tonight on ESPN2.....Terrific come-from-behind OT win over the Philadelphia Floggers.......I'm setting my VCR for February of 2002 in case I'm busy the next time they're televised here.

Originally posted by MrJack
    It only took four months, but I finally got to see the Islanders on the tube tonight on ESPN2.....Terrific come-from-behind OT win over the Philadelphia Floggers.......I'm setting my VCR for February of 2002 in case I'm busy the next time they're televised here.
    I'm glad you got to see a 'W' from them...now that's rare indeed...

NYYF Legend

Hey Jack!! I leave town for the week and they win three out of four and even manage a win against the hated Flyers! I guess I have to stay out of NY and not watch any games Maybe this really is all my fault!!!!
    "...man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now, if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise." Tommy Douglas- The "Greatest" Canadian.

NYYF MVP

Originally posted by Danmel
    Hey Jack!! I leave town for the week and they win three out of four and even manage a win against the hated Flyers! I guess I have to stay out of NY and not watch any games Maybe this really is all my fault!!!!
    Perhaps if you had moved someplace about four months ago they'd be in the playoff hunt huh??

NYYF Legend

I'll have to talk to Wang and Kumar about a no-show job at Computer Associates so I can afford to stay out of town for the hockey season!!!
    "...man can now fly in the air like a bird, swim under the ocean like a fish, he can burrow into the ground like a mole. Now, if only he could walk the earth like a man, this would be paradise." Tommy Douglas- The "Greatest" Canadian.

NYYF MVP

I'll have to talk to Wang and Kumar about a no-show job at Computer Associates so I can afford to stay out of town for the hockey season!!!
    See if they have any work in Florida that doesn't hafta be done, while you're at it.

NYYF Legend

Well, Jack- I'm back and they lose 6-1!!!!

When I was a kid, my older brother would torture me by telling me it was my fault whenever I watched a game that the Yanks or Knicks etc. lost! Maybe he was right! Or maybe the Islanders just suck!

I am very superstitious, but I don't think it's you, I think it's the Islanders!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF MVP

Or maybe the Islanders just suck!
    Maybe????

NYYF Legend

Well, the Islanders are now 0 for 3 since I came back!
    I hope the Yanks do well, I really don't want to have to move!

NYYF MVP

Holy cow !!! Twice in 9 days I get to see the Islanders on the tube.....The game against the Tampa Bay Lightning is on the Sunshine Network, tonight......However the curse of Danmel struck early, 2-zip Bolts after one.

NYYF MVP

Six minutes left in the 2nd, 5-zip Bolts.......Hey Danmel, you must be at this game huh?

NYYF Legend

Jack-

I thought about going cause my son loves Kevin Weekes and he's with Tampa Bay, but decided against it! Good thing too! I swear it really is pathetic! We are going next Saturday (It's Street Hockey Stick Night, so at least the kids get a hockey stick out of the deal) I guess it may be to their benefit to finish last in the league at this point for draft selections. They'll certainly all be free for the Passover Seder on April 8th!!!

NYYF MVP

&po'd& A disgraceful game. &po'd&
    I repeat.......Dump Mook and Botch !!!

NYYF MVP

We are going next Saturday (It's Street Hockey Stick Night, so at least the kids get a hockey stick out of the deal)
    Nothing like a few thousand armed, disgruntled fans.

NYYF Legend

They don't give out the sticks until after the game is over! I can imagine hockey sticks flying onto the ice!

Well, at least you beat the Rangers!

Good thing they don't give the sticks out when the Blueshirts come to town - even in the parking lot, that would be the recipe for a riot!

To be sane is more dramatic than to be mad - GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

NYYF Legend

OK- I'm going to the Islander-Florida game tomorrow-the Panthers are on a nine game winless streak-anyone want to put odds on an Islander victory? With me there, I'd say I have a better chance of winning LOTTO, than witnessing a win-at least we'll get sticks out of the deal!

NYYF MVP

anyone want to put odds on an Islander victory?
    Not a chance.

Addicted Member

I LOVE running out on the end of a limb where someone can saw it off completely; I say we see a 3-2 Isles victory with Marky Mark Parrish netting the game-winner with less than three minutes to go...

Addicted Member

Originally posted by M&M
    I LOVE running out on the end of a limb where someone can saw it off completely; I say we see a 3-2 Isles victory with Marky Mark Parrish netting the game-winner with less than three minutes to go...
    ZZZZZzzzz zit ZZZZZzzzz zit ZZZZZzzzz zit ZZZZZzzzz zit....
    TIMBER! AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............The sound of falling man from tip of limb after having been sawn off

NYYF Legend

I didn't think it would be possible for them to win! Not only did they lose, not only did Bure get the Hatrick, but they we NUMERICALLY ELIMINATED from the post-season with today's loss. And I was there to witness it!

Thread Information