+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    The Cubs win the NL Central

    Congrats Cubs fans.
    Last edited by deranged2005; 09-27-03 at 10:49 PM.

  2. #2
    I would still like to face the Cubs in Wrigley, have Jason point to the bleachers, then deposit one there, or over Waveland Avenue (preferably off of Wood). If he did we would have proof positive of a called shot adn not just legend. If he didn't, he could say he was just kiddin'!

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: The Cubs win the AL Central

    Originally posted by deranged2005
    Congrats Cubs fans.
    Gee, I thought the Twins won the AL Central.

  4. #4
    bwahahahaha I missed that, too

  5. #5
    But, then, aren't they about the same thing?

  6. #6

    Re: Re: The Cubs win the AL Central

    Originally posted by Eldee5
    Gee, I thought the Twins won the AL Central.
    I was gonna say that!

    Woo-Hoo! Go Cubbies!!!

  7. #7
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Congrats, Cubs!


    Now, time to be destroyed!
    LET'S GO BRAVES!!!
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more / Or close the wall up with our English dead!"- William Shakespeare's [i]Henry V[/i]
    www.johnkerry.com

  8. #8
    Mr. Maddux, how have the Braves generally fared against the Cubs this year? I don't really follow the NL...

    I know I could look it up, but it's more interesting from a fan's perspective. Plus, I'm lazy.

  9. #9
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Originally posted by Let's Go Yanks
    Mr. Maddux, how have the Braves generally fared against the Cubs this year? I don't really follow the NL...

    I know I could look it up, but it's more interesting from a fan's perspective. Plus, I'm lazy.
    Well, the Braves went 4-2 against the Cubs overall. They took 3 out of 4 in Chicago, and split a short series in Atlanta. Remember, it was that Chicago series in which Prior was injured running into Marcus Giles, and we got to him in that game. History is on our side: we beat the Cubs in 1998, 3-0, holding Sammy Sosa to a .183 BA in his MVP year. Their starting pitching versus our powerful offense...I think the big key will be the Cubs' bullpen, and if they fold or not.
    LET'S GO BRAVES!!!
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more / Or close the wall up with our English dead!"- William Shakespeare's [i]Henry V[/i]
    www.johnkerry.com

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Mr. Maddux
    Well, the Braves went 4-2 against the Cubs overall. They took 3 out of 4 in Chicago, and split a short series in Atlanta. Remember, it was that Chicago series in which Prior was injured running into Marcus Giles, and we got to him in that game. History is on our side: we beat the Cubs in 1998, 3-0, holding Sammy Sosa to a .183 BA in his MVP year. Their starting pitching versus our powerful offense...I think the big key will be the Cubs' bullpen, and if they fold or not.
    Well, good luck to your team... I've never really been a huge Cub supporter -- never thought the "lovable losers" were too lovable.

    However, I'd have to admit that a Yanks/Cubs WS would be kind of neat for history's sake.

  11. #11
    Most people in my neck-o-the-woods are hoping the Cubbies (and Dusty) get hammered.

  12. #12
    Released Outright ACPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    So did Sammy ask for all the leftover corks from the champagne bottles?

  13. #13
    They have been relagated to using rubber stoppers at Wrigley for some time.

  14. #14
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Originally posted by Let's Go Yanks
    Well, good luck to your team... I've never really been a huge Cub supporter -- never thought the "lovable losers" were too lovable.

    However, I'd have to admit that a Yanks/Cubs WS would be kind of neat for history's sake.
    Thanks! True about the Series, though. That would be intriguing....and I'd probably root for NY just for the sake of revenge.

    OUCH, ACPS!
    LET'S GO BRAVES!!!
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more / Or close the wall up with our English dead!"- William Shakespeare's [i]Henry V[/i]
    www.johnkerry.com

  15. #15
    It's ok, boys...we'll get em next year....



  16. #16

  17. #17
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Originally posted by PinstripePride


    Bummer. The Astros lose in heartbreaking fashion again...
    LET'S GO BRAVES!!!
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more / Or close the wall up with our English dead!"- William Shakespeare's [i]Henry V[/i]
    www.johnkerry.com

  18. #18
    Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Rising from the Ashes
    Originally posted by ACPS
    So did Sammy ask for all the leftover corks from the champagne bottles?

    Thats cold.....


    Linda

  19. #19
    Now THERE is a Captain !! SanFrANSKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The City By The Bay

    Congratulations to the Cubs and their Fans

    SanFrANSKY
    [img]http://nyyfanscom.baseball.sportsline.com/images/team-logo/sanfransky-9angryblue-36x36.jpg[/img] [b]We're Playaz. We're 9. We're Angry.[/b]
    [color=purple]Base: a certain kind of ball.[/color]
    [i]Repair these losses...and be a blessing to us.[/i]

  20. #20
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    So long as they never face Bawston 85 years later, I'm OK w/that.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  21. #21
    Congrats to the cub fans.

  22. #22
    Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT
    Sh*t, this means we have to play in the afternoon.
    1923•1927•1928•1932•1936•1937•1938•1939•1941•1943•1947•1949•1950
    1951•1952•1953•1956•1958•1961•1962•1977•1978•1996•1998•1999•2000
    2009
    27-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts