+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Mike Staton Entrance Music at Shea- "Enter Sandman"!!!!

Who does he think he is anyway? I had the radio on in the car and heard that Mike Stanton was entering the Mets game to "Enter Sandman" He told the Shea music guy he wanted to enter to Mariano's music !!!!!

Get a grip Mike- you in the toilet in Flushing.

lame.

NYYF Legend

Well the Brewers scored a couple of runs against him and
    the Mets lost again.

Don't a lot of closers use this as their song? I thought I remembered Percival using this before coming in during the ALCS and Series. Am I incorrect?

The Source

Hoffman uses it.

Originally posted by Carissa
    Hoffman uses it.
    Hoffman enters to "Hells Bells".
    "America national sport is called baseballs. It very similar to our sport, shurik, where we take dogs, shoot them in a field and then have a party."
    - Borat Sagdiyev

The Source

Originally posted by Looie #19
    Hoffman enters to "Hells Bells".
    I thought at one point he had used Enter Sandman too.

Billy Wagner uses it also.

The Source

Originally posted by backstop20
    Billy Wagner uses it also.
    Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.

I thought at one point he had used Enter Sandman too.
    He did.

The Source

Originally posted by backstop20
    He did.
    So I'm not going crazy!

So I'm not going crazy!
    Crazy is not so bad!

Expected. The Mets steal everything from everyone else; they never have an original idea of their own. They stole "Who Let the Dogs Out" from the Mariners, for instance (who'd been using it for A-Rod, whose nickname was "Bulldog"). Their baseball cap isn't even original -- it's the Giants' old orange NY with Dodger Blue!!!
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

You know, the Mets aren't even like the loveable losers (like the Tigers). They're just a sad bunch.
    Mike, Mike, Mike, you aren't Mo so don't act like it.

Metallica should put a stop to it.
    Fire Cashman!

Joe Benigno on WFAN, a staunch Met fan, just said he thought playing it was messed up, and that Stanton should tell them not to play it.

Update: Someone told Benigno that a Mets' broadcaster said that playing
    "Enter Sandman" was at Stanton's request. WTG, Mike. :rolleyes:
    Fire Cashman!

1) Stanton's an ass for that move

2) Billy Wagner is the other big name guy that comes in to Enter Sandman. I love Wagner.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe he asked for it to be played as sort of a good luck boost? Maybe a channelling of Mo to help things go more smoothly? It worked for him when they played it on Monday. Let's face it, the Mets need all of the help they can get.

Honestly, in his 6 years as a Yankee, did Stanton do or say anything to warrant us thinking that he was some arrogant asshole who thought he was better than anyone else in the game? That he was better than Mo Rivera? No, not at all.

So, why not give him the benefit of the doubt now before you start condemning him?

Since when does Mariano Rivera own the rights to "Enter Sandman?" It's a great song and Stanton had gotten used to hearing Mariano enter to it when they were teammates. Now that Stanton will be closing some games for the Mets he probably wants to use it as a way to pump himself up and perhaps even as a tribute to Mariano.

-Deborah

NYYF Legend

Enter Sandman

Add Braden Looper of the Marlins to the list....

Stanton Fan...you have a valid point....my initial reaction was based on emotion, and now that I think about it, Mike could have done it with good intentions...like you said, he never did anything while with us to lead me to believe he was an arrogant a-hole.

Addicted Member

Eh...I don't have a problem with it. But the only problem is that when "Enter Sandman" comes on, it means the game is over for the Mets.
    LET'S GO BRAVES!!!
    "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more / Or close the wall up with our English dead!"- William Shakespeare's [i]Henry V[/i]
    www.johnkerry.com

I don't have a problem with it either. Stanton always seemed to be a stand up guy when on our team and this doesn't affect my opinion of him in the least. It's hard for me not to pull for him to do well after all he contributed to the Yankees over the years. Classy player who did the pinstripes proud. If he likes the song then he should use it. I doubt it bothers Mo or Wagner even the slightest bit.

Originally posted by silverdsl
    Since when does Mariano Rivera own the rights to "Enter Sandman?" It's a great song and Stanton had gotten used to hearing Mariano enter to it when they were teammates. Now that Stanton will be closing some games for the Mets he probably wants to use it as a way to pump himself up and perhaps even as a tribute to Mariano.

-Deborah
    He doesn't, Mettalica does, and they should put a stop to it.
    Fire Cashman!

I heard that last night too when I was watching the game. It's no big deal. It's just a song. Mariano doesn't own the rights to it and maybe Mike just likes it

Thread Information