+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Stephen White pitching on MSG right now..

One of our top picks S.White's pitching for Baylor right now on MSG and looks very, very Good so far.

8 IP, 7 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, 9 K's.

Won the game, 4-1.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by NyMike
    8 IP, 7 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, 9 K's.

Won the game, 4-1.
    Boras is his agent, his price went up?

NYYF Legend

Well he's a Sr. so he only has so much room there.Boy did he throw hard.He was around 94-95 most of the night.Looks like quite the find to me.

Released Outright
    I agree. He is a definite sign.He was actually projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, but with Boras as his agent plus his past elbow problems teams were scared off.

NYYF Legend

If he was a Jr. with Boras as his agent the Yanks would't touch him.I tell you he was impressive.You hear about the guy who hits 100 on the gun but has no control or movement.This guy throws hard with movement.I know i'm getting a little in front of myself here but he reminded me of Kevin Brown.I think we have a true blue chipper here.

Released Outright
    He did look very impressive, and his ball really moved. Between White, 6th rounder Jason Stephens, who Gordon Blakely considers a real sleeper, plus Beam, Bard and Purcey, the Yanks have a real army of fine young arms, assuming they get them all signed. I asked Allan Simpson of BA what the odds are of them signing Bard given his bonus demands, he remarked that the commissioner's office would freak if the Yanks gave Bard the money he wanted considering where they drafted him. But, when has George Steinbrenner ever worried about what Bud Selig thought?

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Tbird10
    He did look very impressive, and his ball really moved. Between White, 6th rounder Jason Stephens, who Gordon Blakely considers a real sleeper, plus Beam, Bard and Purcey, the Yanks have a real army of fine young arms, assuming they get them all signed. I asked Allan Simpson of BA what the odds are of them signing Bard given his bonus demands, he remarked that the commissioner's office would freak if the Yanks gave Bard the money he wanted considering where they drafted him. But, when has George Steinbrenner ever worried about what Bud Selig thought?
    i read that question & remark by Simpson, to get around it you could give him a three yr contract at 500thou per.

Originally posted by Tbird10
    I asked Allan Simpson of BA what the odds are of them signing Bard given his bonus demands, he remarked that the commissioner's office would freak if the Yanks gave Bard the money he wanted considering where they drafted him. But, when has George Steinbrenner ever worried about what Bud Selig thought?
    I read that someplace...but what could Selig do? If that's what Bard wants, then the Yankees should give it to him.

I don't want another Mark Prior situation.

so the guys

mentioned have been approached by the yanks but haven't been signed yet?

are they close to being signed?
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Thread Information