+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stanley Cup Finals Game 1: Devils vs. Ducks

I just checked the traffic report because I have to go down to a store in Secaucus and was wondering about the traffic. This is what the traffic ticker (the official Instatrak service that all the media outlets use) said:

[ 7:19 PM] 493204 NNJ INCIDENTS
    BERGEN COUNTY: THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS HOST THE ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS IN GAME 1
    OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS @ 8PM..EXPECT LOTS OF EXTRA VOLUME ON ROUTES 3,120
    ,17 & THE TURNPIKE BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME LETS GO DEVILS LETS GO DEVILS .

Ha, I thought that was funny .

Let's go Devils!

-jim
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

Uhhhh.... (echoes reverberate around the forum...)

/looks left, doesn't see anyone

/looks right, doesn't see anyone

Hello?? ..oooo?? ...ooo?? ..oo?? .o?

Anyone here? ...one here? ... nhear? ...hear? ....ear?

/shrugs shoulders

GO DEVILS!!!

(We're up 1-0 in the second...)

-jim
    "The only thing I know about baseball is that whatever the manager does is wrong" - Moe

NYYF Legend

*bitter Rangers fan*

I'm a bitter Rangers fan AND a bitter Knicks fan....

...Go Yankees!

From another Rangers fan...

Quack, quack

Go Ducks

It would have been fun to have beaten the Rangers along the way, but unfortunately they sucked so bad that it wasn't possible

-jim

Yeah baby - Devs win game one 3-0!

Marty Brodeur had his 5th shutout of the playoffs...nice

-jim

2003 - Let's all root for:

Devils, Nets, Yankees... All World Champs (just as it should be!!)
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Released Outright

those devils play the most boring style of hockey imaginable. they really remind me of the early 90s devils. watching that game tonight was excruciating. It was nice to have a little unexpected nap though

NYYF Legend

Go Devils. The Ducks looked a little flat after their layoff

AFLAC.

Originally posted by Jim F.
    It would have been fun to have beaten the Rangers along the way, but unfortunately they sucked so bad that it wasn't possible

-jim
    You know you don't want to face the Rangers in the playoffs Jim.

GO DUCKS!!!!!
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

I watched a bit as well!! Lots of channel surfing between the 3 games!! Nice win for the Devils tonight!!

Don't get too excited just yet, Devils fans. That first goal was nice, but looked like a rusty Giguere to me. The second goal he was helpless on - hello defense, anybody home?

Gigs game 2 performance will be telling. And hats off to Broduer on the shutout.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

Forum Regular
    Go Devils !?!? Hmmm .. Go Ducks !?!?!? nope that don't feel right either ..

Gonna have to go with StrongBad on this one .. "Somebody get this freaking duck away from me !!""

Go Sens Go !! -- but since they aren't around -- GO DEVILS GO !!
    This morning I had a great idea for a sig line, but I forgot what it was.
    I just wanted you to know this is where it would have gone

Released Outright
    Originally posted by Hitman23

You know you don't want to face the Rangers in the playoffs Jim.

GO DUCKS!!!!!
    aint that the truth. devils fans are so quick to forget what happened when the devils/rangers played when it actually meant something - in the playoffs. rangers cracked open a can of whoop ass in 1997 and of course shattered the hearts of the 7 or 8 devils fans out there in 1994

Originally posted by PadsFan
    aint that the truth. devils fans are so quick to forget what happened when the devils/rangers played when it actually meant something - in the playoffs. rangers cracked open a can of whoop ass in 1997 and of course shattered the hearts of the 7 or 8 devils fans out there in 1994
    Yeah, you're right - it doesn't matter that the Rangers blow now. It doesn't matter that the Devils are in the Stanley Cup Finals (and up 1-0) now. Because now is when it matters, IMO. There's no question that in recent history the Devils are the better team. But it's kind of hard to prove that "when it matters" (according to your definition) because the Rangers haven't been in the playoffs.

-jim

Alright, 1-0....Giguere aint a fluke, he'll come back..

GO DUCKS!!

<<< Bitter Flyers Fan....
    Harry the K's Legends: 2009 Champs, 2010 Ruth Division Champions

R.I.P Harry Kalas...Say hi to whitey for me

Yeah, you're right - it doesn't matter that the Rangers blow now. It doesn't matter that the Devils are in the Stanley Cup Finals (and up 1-0) now. Because now is when it matters, IMO. There's no question that in recent history the Devils are the better team. But it's kind of hard to prove that "when it matters" (according to your definition) because the Rangers haven't been in the playoffs.

-jim
    It's kind of hard to say the Devils can beat the Rangers in the playoffs, because as history shows, they can't. Doesn't matter how good a team they put on the ice.

But yes, now is what matters to you, and like I said in the first round, Marty is going to win you a cup.

I still hope he chokes like a biotch though.

I'm not necessarily saying that the Devils would beat the Rangers in the playoffs. What I'm saying is that the Rangers weren't in the playoffs, so it's a moot point. That said, I think the Devils would have skated circles around the Rangers if they had met in the playoffs this year.

-jim

They wouldn't skate circles around anyone. In fact they'd just stand there and run that ridicluous trap and just frustrate them until the Rangers made a mistake. Which happens often. And if by chance they broke through the uncalled interfearance plays, they have a god damn brick wall who seems to be phased by nothing this year. I don't think I've ever witnessed a more impressive display of goaltending in all the years I've watched hockey. That includes Roy and Hasek.

Marty has been the man, that's for damn sure!

-jim

Released Outright

-jim
    just like history shows that the red sox havent won a world series since 1918, history shows that the devils have never been able to handle the rangers in the playoffs. its just something that rangers fans will have to say until the devils knock the rangers out in the postseason

its just something that rangers fans will have to say until the devils knock the rangers out in the postseason
    exactly. The Devils have been a dominating team for a few years, and the Isles are making it further than the Rangers. The two teams I despise more then any other in the league are clearly better, so I have nothing but this. Oh yeah, and Potvin sucks.

GO DUCKS!!!!!

just like history shows that the red sox havent won a world series since 1918, history shows that the devils have never been able to handle the rangers in the playoffs. its just something that rangers fans will have to say until the devils knock the rangers out in the postseason
    Ok, keep saying it then .

Meanwhile, I'll be watching the Devils in the Finals .

-jim

Released Outright
    Ok, keep saying it then .

Meanwhile, I'll be watching the Devils in the Finals .

-jim
    good luck staying awake

Let's GO Rangers!!!

Quack Quack Quack..Go DUCKS!
    Rich

Thread Information