View Poll Results: Who Goes To the Eastern Conference Finals?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nets

6 85.71%
  • Pistons

1 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
    West Milford NJ- Hangin with the Bears in my Yard!!!

Nets Vs. Pistons- Eastern Conf. Finals!

Who goes to the Finals?

NYYF Legend

Hopefully the Pistons.

(Sorry, I'm a bitter Knicks fan )

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    Hopefully the Pistons.

(Sorry, I'm a bitter Knicks fan )

It's OK. I run into lots of them. The thought of the Nets winning a championship kills Knicks fans.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, the Knicks win for 15 years, go to the Finals only twice, and never win it. The Nets win for one year, and make it to the Finals. Not fair.

NYYF Legend

Nets in six

Originally posted by wexy
    Nets in six

Same thing that I was thinking! 2nd trip to the finals in two years and a real chance to win it all. Against the Spurs the last two seasons the Nets are 3 and 1. That is really good numbers. IF it is against the Mavericks the Nets are screwed. They are 0 for 4 in the last two seasons.

Originally posted by yankeegeek
    Against the Spurs the last two seasons the Nets are 3 and 1.
    In that case, I'll say Pistons in 6.
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

NYYF Legend

Being that they let that game get away in the last 6 minutes...and have now lost home court advantage...it will take the full 7 Games for the PISTONS to advance...

I am pulling for the Nets!! My guess is that we are going to see a quite a few close games in this series. I expect to see two teams playing with a ton of grit and determination along with a whole lot of last minute heroics. Should be a great series with the Nets winning in the end. I hope.

Nets looking to go 2 and 0 on the Pistons tonight. Can they do it. I doubt it. We still took homecourt away and did it playing terribly. Looso tonight win the two in Jersey. Loose game 5 in Detroit and win it al home in game 6!

Nets in 5. Pistons suck.

AMAZING!!! The Nets go to Detroit, where they have a terrible record, and SWEEP teh Pistons!!!! Now they go to Jersey with a 2-0 lead! Now we have two games at home to hopefully sweep the Pistons! I thought that we would be 1 and 1 if we were lucky. I thought that this series would go to a game 6. I could be wrong. K-Mart was a man among boys in the fourth quarter!!

NYYF Legend

Pistons are in deep sh*t now...I didn't see the final quarter of the game, but when they were up 9 late in the third, I knew it still wasn't "over".
    Congrats to the Nets...they've got Detroit right where they want them..

HOWEVER...hope against hope the Pistons will start playing the ball that got them by the Magic (down 3 - 1) and the Sixers..

GO PISTONS!!!! FEAR THE 'FRO!!!...

My Thoughts

The Pistons are not a dominating team. They were a lot better than the Magic and they went down to a 3-1 hole. They were better than the '76ers and they blew a 2-0 lead right away. Now, it's the Nets. Now both games were knock-down brawls--if they were hard-fought all the way, I'd say it's a wash and it's still anyone's series. What worries me is that both games were lost because of horrid fourth quarters. If the Nets can keep wearing the Pistons down like that, this could get ugly. On the flip side, the Pistons have the right coach (Carlisle) and the right makeup (a terrific bench) to get right back into this. I'll be watching Game 3 all the way...

Detroit, for my money, is still the most enjoyable team to watch. Compare Detroit to some team like the Lakers (get it to Shaq? get it to Kobe? Horry for a 3? Repeat.) or Spurs (where's Duncan?), and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The Nets too are quite fun to watch, even if I don't like their players.

Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by C. Bellinger
    [B

Detroit, for my money, is still the most enjoyable team to watch. Compare Detroit to some team like the Lakers (get it to Shaq? get it to Kobe? Horry for a 3? Repeat.) or Spurs (where's Duncan?), and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The Nets too are quite fun to watch, even if I don't like their players. [/B]

Detroit is the most enjoyable team to watch??????Are you kidding me. They are boring as can be. That slow it down to a snails pace is what kills basketball. It is boring to watch. There is nothing that is exciting about Pistons basketball. There are no fast breaks, no backdoor cuts, just flat basketball. Teams like the Knigs, Nets, Mavericks play basketball with style and excitment! The speed of a fastbreak is awsome! Look at the Nets. Jason Kidd is a one man fastbreak!! Richard Jefferson is fun and creative with his slamdunks. This Nets team reminds me of the 1980's Showtime Lakers.

Great win for the Nets last night!! I like how they never quit.

I think the remaining games will be as exciting and close as the first two were.

That's my style...

It's enjoyable in a different sort of way than New Jersey. I said I liked watching New Jersey too (and Dallas, I forgot them)--they have speed and the fast breaks are neat...but there's something to be said for the strategy the Pistons use. It's like watching Randy Johnson and Greg Maddux. At first glance, Johnson is the most appealing--he's got the killer fastball/slider, wicked style, etc. Maddux comes up short in those respects, but that control mastery, the methodical battle of wits...that's pretty cool too.

And actually, the Pistons do use fastbreaks, but only after a whole bunch of slowness--the stop-and-go style deliberately confuses the opponent (which is why, I note, the Pistons tend to do well in the 2nd and 3rd quarters).

Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by C. Bellinger
    Detroit, for my money, is still the most enjoyable team to watch. Compare Detroit to some team like the Lakers (get it to Shaq? get it to Kobe? Horry for a 3? Repeat.) or Spurs (where's Duncan?), and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The Nets too are quite fun to watch, even if I don't like their players.
    I'm the exact opposite. I find Detroit to be the most boring team to watch. The only exciting plays they have is the blocks they make on the defensive end. They are so boring on offense. Slow, no fast breaks, just ugly basketball.
    The Nets with Kidd, Jefferson and KMart are much more exciting to watch. Fast breaks, great passes, alley-oops, dunks, etc.
    The Mavs and Spurs are also great to watch.

Re: Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by Yanksagain

I'm the exact opposite. I find Detroit to be the most boring team to watch. The only exciting plays they have is the blocks they make on the defensive end. They are so boring on offense. Slow, no fast breaks, just ugly basketball.
    The Nets with Kidd, Jefferson and KMart are much more exciting to watch. Fast breaks, great passes, alley-oops, dunks, etc.
    The Mavs and Spurs are also great to watch.

I couldn't agree with you more. I respect Detroits ddefense. Big Ben Wallace is a terrific defensive player. They play hard.

The style they play is boring. To get a basket it is like pulling teeth. The Nets are so damn exciting. Kidd, K-Mart, and RJ are so much fun. Kidd's court vision is simply amazing, but it isn't just court vision for him. He is in-sync with his players. Just a smile or eye contact from RJ or K-Mart is all that is needed for a slam dunk. Kidd is my Magic Johnson. Magic is my all time favorite player. Kidd doesn't have that scoreing that Magic has, but when it matters most Kidd scores. Than there is K-Mart. He is a stud! He has elevated his game when it matters most. His defense is killer. His scoreing is really coming along. The other night the team was down by 11 at the start of the 4th quarter. K-Mart had 9 points going into the 4th and went crazy scored 16 points. Game over! The difference between him and Duncan is this, if the game is close or the Spurs are down Duncan doesn't want the ball in the 4th quarter. Kenyon wants the ball in that 4th quarter. You know the saying, a winner wants the ball. Nets win it all this year.

How crazy would it drive Knicks fans if the Nets win a title this year. Think about it. All those years of the Knicks going to the playoffs and going to two finals a never winning it all in 15 seasons. The Nets go there twice in two years and win it once!!!

I hope

Well, first, I hope the Pistons can rally from 0-3.

Secondly, I hope the Nets and whoever (hopefully the Mavs, but a Kidd/Duncan matchup has me salivating) go 7 games over all-out basketball.

Finally, I'm not sure what Rick Carlisle was trying to accomplish in Game 3 playing offensive masters Clifford Robinson, Ben Wallace, Corliss Williamson, and Michael Curry when the team is down by double-digits. What about Barry? What about Billups? I have to perversely like/be horrified that even when the Pistons are down by like 20, they still play the same slowball style.

Stick a fork in the Pistons. They are done.

Are they?

I thought they were done in Round 1 when they went down 3-1 to the Magic.

Of course, Jason Kidd has more talent in his little finger than almost all the Magic put together...

Thread Information