Jason Giambi: Playboy Interview

Jason had a short interview in the May issue of Playboy. I wanted everyone to read it so I'm censoring the responses with two (bleep)s. Everyone make the sound when they read it. I did as I typed it.

PB: Who are the teams to watch in the American League?

JG: I think the pitchers for the A's are going to keep getting better. That's the scary part. And the Angels are going to be tough again.

PB: What happened against the Angels last year?

JG: I think everyone was just shell-shocked. Nobody in a million years thought that would happen, especially given the number of runs we scored. They didn't quit. We were up by five and the next minute we were down by three. Game, set, and match.

PB: What is it like being a yankee?

JG: The thing that throws you off is you go to Baltimore and you've got 200 people in the hotel lobby at two o'clock in the morning waiting for you to walk in. you're like a (bleep)ing rock star.

PB: How tough was it to cut your hair and shave your goatee?

JG: That was the hard part to suck up. I was not used to having any rules in Oakland. These are Steinbrenner's rules. trust me, I'd rather have the goatee and long hair.

PB: Is the Yankee clubhouse as dull as it seems?

JG: It's a lot more fun than people think. In New York City you have more media than players. So guys just know where to hide and hang out and have fun.

PB: What did you do with the motorcycle?

JG: My bike is at my parents' house. I didn't want to take it to New York and get run over by a (bleep)ing cabbie.

PB: Who is your favorite superhero?

JG: Superman. He's got it all figured out. He's got the X-ray vision. He can fly. He's strong and good-looking. He's got the whole package.

PB: Does your superhuman eyesight enable you to find girls in the stands?

JG: That's a skill I share with everyone in the big leagues.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Smart move leaving the the bike home, Jason. Anybody who rides a motorcycle in New York City is clinicly insane!
    ~John

NYYF Legend

Why'd you have to print it here...now I don't have an excuse to buy it..

Originally posted by CalYankeeFan
    Well, I didn't post the interviews with Zito, Edmonds, and Schilling. Plus, you're going to need to explain to your wife that you were interested in the picks and predictions.

Giambi is such a cool dude. Superman rules! Hey, if anyone ever meets the guy, I know he's into metal, if you think about it and you've gone through all your questions find out who his favorite heavy metal group is. Then post it here.

Jason thinks hes a rockstar...he hangs out in Vegas and tools around on that big ass bike. And that i say rock on
    Bernie Williams. He's better than you are.

NYYF Legend

I had always heard about stories being in Playboy but I have never been able to find them.
    Very strange.

Now THERE is a Captain !! SanFrANSKY's Avatar
    Originally posted by CalYankeeFan
    Why buy? Go to any good ol' fashioned barber shop when there's a long wait.
    SanFrANSKY
    [img]http://nyyfanscom.baseball.sportsline.com/images/team-logo/sanfransky-9angryblue-36x36.jpg[/img] [b]We're Playaz. We're 9. We're Angry.[/b]
    [color=purple]Base: a certain kind of ball.[/color]
    [i]Repair these losses...and be a blessing to us.[/i]

thx for posting it, there is no american playboy in germany....

k

NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!
    PB: Does your superhuman eyesight enable you to find girls in the stands?

JG: That's a skill I share with everyone in the big leagues.
    I hope that is what he used to do in the past because Giambi is now married. I hope his eyes are still not wandering.

Originally posted by Hitman23
    Well, I didn't post the interviews with Zito
    Could someone please post the interview with Zito? He's so crazy that his interviews are always funny.

Originally posted by derekjeter916

Could someone please post the interview with Zito? He's so crazy that his interviews are always funny.
    if I get a chance when I get home later I will. Otherwise I'll post it tomorrow afternoon.

Owner of a coconut bra. Yankchic22's Avatar

Sure.... Give Steve another reason to go home and read Playboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Oh yeah, things are always better when Randi's around.

Now THERE is a Captain !! SanFrANSKY's Avatar
    Originally posted by ChocolateGirl
    I hope that is what he used to do in the past because Giambi is now married. I hope his eyes are still not wandering.
    Right. Because...married guys never look at another woman. And married ballplayers certainly aren't gonna look at women at the ballpark, especially the arm candy sitting in the box seats.
    SanFrANSKY
    [img]http://nyyfanscom.baseball.sportsline.com/images/team-logo/sanfransky-9angryblue-36x36.jpg[/img] [b]We're Playaz. We're 9. We're Angry.[/b]
    [color=purple]Base: a certain kind of ball.[/color]
    [i]Repair these losses...and be a blessing to us.[/i]

NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!
    Right. Because...married guys never look at another woman. And married ballplayers certainly aren't gonna look at women at the ballpark, especially the arm candy sitting in the box seats.
    Phil whatever. :rolleyes: So its human nature and I guess there is nothing wrong with looking. Just as long as it doesn't go further than that.

Originally posted by Yankchic22
    Sure.... Give Steve another reason to go home and read Playboy
    I still have to read the June issue I just received. Lot's more nekkin chicks to glare at... err, I mean articles and interviews to read.

Originally posted by 2JAY
    I had always heard about stories being in Playboy but I have never been able to find them.
    Very strange.
    Didn't they warn you about that? The eyesight gets progressively worse. First, you can't find the articles. Then, you can't find the pictures. After a while, you can't see at all.

Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT
    Thanks for the interview!!!!!! Now just to see it in the actual pages....

Originally posted by Rich

Didn't they warn you about that? The eyesight gets progressively worse. First, you can't find the articles. Then, you can't find the pictures. After a while, you can't see at all.

Too BLEEPIN' funny Rich!

Ok, well per a request, here is the Zito interview:

PB: What goes through your mind when you're on the mound?

BZ: In a perfect world? Nothing- I just react. I'm subconscious out there. It's a free-flowing experience. No thoughts. All left brain.

PB: Are you a different guy out there?

BZ: Definately. When I'm on the mound I have to think of myself as the best pitcher in the league. But when I walk into a restaurant I don't think of myself as superior. A lot of guys in sports do. And that's why people will say " I hate this guy because he treats the fans like (bleep).

PB: How much pitching is mental?

BZ: Once you get the physical things in line, it's 100 percent mental. You hear stories of guys who throw 95 but can't get out of A ball. That's because they're mentally weak. that can't accept it in their consciousness that they're a big league superstar.

PB: Because you do yoga and play guitar and shop in thrift stores, some call you a flake.

BZ: If someone actually meets me they'll never call me a flake. I'm intelligent. I have my (bleep) together. I have a personality, and that's somthing I'm not going to supress.

PB: Your uncle is Patrick Duffy, from the televisoion show Dallas. Growing up, did you have a thing for Victoria Principal?

BZ: No, I was a big Loni Anderson fan growing up.

PB: You were on DR. Phil.

BZ: I'd never met the guy, but his people wanted me to ask him some questions, like "How do I be respectful to female fans without them thinking I want to date them?"

PB: What was his answer?

BZ: I never got the answer because I don't watch the damn show.

good read
    Rich

Thread Information