+ Reply to Thread
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

NY Daily News -- 100 Classic Yankee Moments

Please forgive me if it's been posted earlier, but ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...5p-70067c.html

Lots of goodies, from the Babe, Iron Horse, M&M Boys, Reggie, Donnie, Jeter, Clemens, it's all there, folks!!!
    Attached Images
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Released Outright
    Thanks Brad Where can I get an NY Daily News in Mich?

NYYF Legend

Great list! I'm sure everyone has different ideas regarding the order of importance with the list. The one that immediately comes to my attention is number two. As great as the Larsen perfect game was, I believe Ruth becoming a Yankee is even greater since he saved baseball at a time that the game was floundering. He was bigger than life and should be at least number two if not number one!!

Originally posted by BronxBaumer
    Thanks Brad Where can I get an NY Daily News in Mich?
    De nada.

The only NY newsdaily that's probably available down there would be the NY Times. Those articles seem to be web-only, so you've got the same access to them that I've got up here in Joisey. Just click on the link.

Those are short articles on great moments in Yankee history. Enjoy!!!
    Originally posted by Sixty one
    Great list! I'm sure everyone has different ideas regarding the order of importance with the list. The one that immediately comes to my attention is number two. As great as the Larsen perfect game was, I believe Ruth becoming a Yankee is even greater since he saved baseball at a time that the game was floundering. He was bigger than life and should be at least number two if not number one!!
    I thank you too. I hope that people can learn and benefit from this. Even if something's a little unclear, if someone can just bookmark that site and look back on it, this should be seen as a suitable quick reference.

Hope that everybody enjoys!!!
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Thanks JY! I wish I would have read this earlier as I would have purchased a paper!
    Let's Go Yankees!

Originally posted by DJeter1287
    Thanks JY! I wish I would have read this earlier as I would have purchased a paper!
    De nada.

You're misunderstanding me. Please see the link in the original post. That's where the "moments" are located.

Thread Information