+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Big Fat Roger Clemens, that is

Yes, I'm a Sox fan, here inside the belly of the beast. And as my name implies, I'm a tad bitter that Big Fat Roger decided to lay off the Twinkies and crank out a few more Cy Young seasons for your Yankees. I loathe Big Fat Roger. Loathe him. And whether or not he actually trains in the offseason now, as opposed to sitting around Katy, TX, shoveling down BBQ sandwiches and Funyans with both hands like he did when he was with the Sox, he will always be Big Fat Roger to me. But sadly, he is the only Yankee I actually loathe because, unlike in seasons past, even I must admit that you guys have good character, hard-working guys who play the game right (well, maybe not Big Fat Boomer). It's hard to hate guys like Jeter (even though he is way overrated looks-wise...I mean, what's with the droopy-eyed moon face!?!!?), Jorge, Rivera, Giambi, etc. And I always said that if Paul O'Neill played even five minutes in Boston, that whiny, tantrum-throwing, Irish hothead would have been the most popular player in Sox history.

All that said, if I occasionally rant against the Evil Empire, forgive me. It's in my blood.

Great site. Glad to be here.

NYYF Triple Crown

Hello nice to meet you. My guess is... you won't last till Opening Day!

I'll be here 'til the bitter end for the Sox...which will be, oh, sometime in late October as we take out the Astros in seven games!

Welcome and I give you 30 days at best...

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Welcome....yea w/that attitude toward the Yanks....you wont last long...(not to sound bitter or anything!)
    But welcome! Enjoy ur stay here!

Linda

Welcome....
    I say you will be here till around April sometime then you will go in hiding...
    Goodbye Pettitte..I will miss you forever...
    Goodluck in Houston....

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Welcome and I give you 30 days at best...

Welcome
    Let's Go Yankees!

Forum Regular
    welcome to nyy-fans.com

Owner of a coconut bra. Yankchic22's Avatar
    Welcome to where the best fans of the best team in baseball gather!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Oh yeah, things are always better when Randi's around.

Released Outright
    Hey Big Fat Roger:finger1: :finger1: :finger1: Just kidding. Have fun. Hey is there a Red Sox site like this one so's I can go mess with them?

Forum Regular
    i looked couldn't find one

NYYF Legend

Welcome BFR but remember what we say about the Red Sox,
    Spring Ahead; Fall Back

And so it begins.

Howdy BFR!

Released Outright
    Hi BFR! Not all Yankee fans disagree with you.

But I probably still hate your guts. Welcome (after a few of my posts, I may not be around for much longer either )

that's right
    Poll: How long will "Big Fat Roger" last at NYYfans.com?

A) 1 Day
    B) 2-5 Days
    C) 6-10 Days
    D) 10+ Days
    E) He's gone already

J/K, BFR. Welcome to the Yankee hotbed. Don't try to start with us - we outnumber you...

Released Outright
    Wanna post the same poll for me too?

that's right
    Originally posted by CF#5
    Wanna post the same poll for me too?
    Poll: How long before CF#5 "goes off" on humanity again?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still here folks , just looking around, taking it all in, measuring the walls to see where my Jordan's "Furnicha' "queen sleeper couch will fit best. I think I'll put it over here in the corner within arm's reach of the keg....

Yes, there IS a Red Sox site like this one but the URL escapes me at the moment....I will find it ASAP and post it so all you slackjawed, mouth-breathing Yanks fans can go sneak around there. Honestly, I'll give you this: you Yanks fans are far more welcoming than Sox fans would be in similar curcumstances. We'd yell "Jeter [sex act inserted here]!" and think we're actually accomplishing something. I will be the first to say we're not the most rational bunch in that respect. I've heard "Yankees Suck!" chants during April games vs. the D'rays. Yeah, chowderheads, that makes sense.....

Anyway, while I have always and will always loathe the Yankees and Big Fat Roger, it doesn't mean I'm so irrational that I have baseball blinders on and fail to see them for what they are: a team that has simply outplayed the Sox at crunch time over the years, "curse" or no "curse." Yeah, they outspend everyone, but their farm system has constantly developed and produced superstars and near-superstars. As a Sox fan I don't like them, but any pure baseball fan has got to respect the way they've stepped up when it counted.

D@mn, that hurt to say.....

that's right
    Originally posted by Big Fat Roger
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm still here folks , just looking around, taking it all in, measuring the walls to see where my Jordan's "Furnicha' "queen sleeper couch will fit best. I think I'll put it over here in the corner within arm's reach of the keg....

Yes, there IS a Red Sox site like this one but the URL escapes me at the moment....I will find it ASAP and post it so all you slackjawed, mouth-breathing Yanks fans can go sneak around there. Honestly, I'll give you this: you Yanks fans are far more welcoming than Sox fans would be in similar curcumstances. We'd yell "Jeter [sex act inserted here]!" and think we're actually accomplishing something. I will be the first to say we're not the most rational bunch in that respect. I've heard "Yankees Suck!" chants during April games vs. the D'rays. Yeah, chowderheads, that makes sense.....

Anyway, while I have always and will always loathe the Yankees and Big Fat Roger, it doesn't mean I'm so irrational that I have baseball blinders on and fail to see them for what they are: a team that has simply outplayed the Sox at crunch time over the years, "curse" or no "curse." Yeah, they outspend everyone, but their farm system has constantly developed and produced superstars and near-superstars. As a Sox fan I don't like them, but any pure baseball fan has got to respect the way they've stepped up when it counted.

We're just joking around with ya. You're perfectly welcome here, as long as you abide by forum policies and act in a resonable and civilized manner. There's nothing wrong with some healthy baseball conversation, even if it's with a fan of a clearly inferior team.

pitching wins championships. Eddie160's Avatar
    welcome

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar
    Originally posted by bakntime

We're just joking around with ya. You're perfectly welcome here, as long as you abide by forum policies and act in a resonable and civilized manner. There's nothing wrong with some healthy baseball conversation, even if it's with a fan of a clearly inferior team.

Yea you are welcome here......as bakntime said.....plus $5 for each of us that may have a prob with u.....JK!

Linda

Originally posted by Big Fat Roger

Careful, or we'll tell the Red Sox Nation that you've been saying less than derogatory things about the Yanks.

Originally posted by ring403

Careful, or we'll tell the Red Sox Nation that you've been saying less than derogatory things about the Yanks.
    Quiet now....if word spreads around the Fenway RF bleachers, I'm a dead man.

Released Outright
    welcome! i hate roger too!

Released Outright
    Originally posted by SorianoFanHFW
    welcome! i hate roger too!
    That makes three of us. We're so outnumbered.

Thread Information