+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Now pitching for the Red Sox ...

... Ramiro Mendoza. Making his first appearance in a Red Sox uniform as I type ... it's the bottom of the 4th, Sox trail the Twins 2-0 ... the announcer is saying Doza "may be among the key people the Red Sox picked up" in the off season.

On cue ... he gets a ground ball out ...

And Koskie Ks looking ...

And Pierzynski grounds out.

One two three inning for Doza!

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    So long as he manages to let two runners sscore before recording that 3rd out, I'll be a happy camper!!!

Mendoza is a good pitcher, but he gets injured too often to be relied upon. Especially when the health of the rest of our pen is thrown into the equation. On another note, as much as we hated him the Sox will miss Urbina.

Released Outright
    I can't imagine that they're expecting Mendoza to close, are they? I don't think his arm can take the wear and tear of pitching 3 days in a row.

NYYF Triple Crown

STL, MO--Supposedly Baseball Heaven, but I'll take the Bronx over STL anyday
    Arm problems seem to follow that team. They have some of the worst pitching management known to man.

Forum Regular

Could you explain that, junkman? I guess I'm at a loss as to how their record for pitching injuries is really remarkably bad.

Edit: Pedro got hurt in 2001 and this was a 160 pound guy who wore out after more than 1000 innings in the majors. That's it for starters who got hurt with Boston. They brought in some rehab guys like Saberhagen, over the years, but it's not like they're Seattle, all of whose prospects seemed to tear their labrums last year, or the Dodgers with Dreifort and Kevin Brown, or the Marlins who're blowing out the arms of all their young pitchers thanks to Jeff Torborg's old school stupidity.

NYYF Legend

Good for Doza. We'll miss you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Originally posted by junkman73
    Arm problems seem to follow that team. They have some of the worst pitching management known to man.
    Stop the presses! Wait one second. Is this the same BB that Bit*hed Pedro out for skipping meaningless (I know I am opening myself up with this) September starts. BTW, other than Pedro who was fairly healthy last year who else had arm problems. You guys sure your not writing about the Yanks....Andy, Mariano to keys to the teams suckcess. Correct?

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by dirtdog7

Stop the presses! Wait one second. Is this the same BB that Bit*hed Pedro out for skipping meaningless (I know I am opening myself up with this) September starts.
    I think if you go back into the Archives...you'll find that most Forumers bit*hed out Duquette for insisting that Pedro pitch those "meaningless games" (and I love using that phrase when refering to the RedSox.. .)
    Good luck w/Pedro this year...very well could be your last go 'round.

Originally posted by Gringaloca

I think if you go back into the Archives...you'll find that most Forumers bit*hed out Duquette for insisting that Pedro pitch those "meaningless games" (and I love using that phrase when refering to the RedSox.. .)
    You are all over me tonight. It was very unfortuante that I had to use the words "meaningless" and "September" in the same sentance.

NYYF Legend

You are all over me tonight. It was very unfortuante that I had to use the words "meaningless" and "September" in the same sentance.
    OK...so I'm bored and don't have to get up early tomorrow..Unlucky you!

However,..."meaningless" and "September"...can't help ya there. Seems to be the "norm" lately....

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    You guys sure your not writing about the Yanks....Andy, Mariano to keys to the teams suckcess. Correct?
    Andy had some elbow problems, but chose to pitch, rather than getting Tommy John's.

I don't remember what happened to Mo (fatigue from all those IP in '01?), but he was on the DL 3x.

Neither had anything as bad as potential cuff problems, which Pedro supposedly was close to at the end of the '01 season.
    If he's got one more good year in him, it had better be an awesome one, since he feels he can pitch into the '04 season. If his body (and his itty bitty booty) feel otherwise, I'd hold off on that renewal f/awhile.
    However,..."meaningless" and "September"...can't help ya there. Seems to be the "norm" lately....
    B-bb-b-b-bb-but I thought that THIS WAS THEIR YEAR!!!
    :!!!

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    .B-bb-b-b-bb-but I thought that THIS WAS THEIR YEAR!!!
    :!!!
    Come on now...don't start talkin' $hit...or you'll wake up "YearToBeHere" again...
    dirtdog7 was playin' nice...don't antagonize, Brad.....

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    Andy had some elbow problems, but chose to pitch, rather than getting Tommy John's.

I don't remember what happened to Mo (fatigue from all those IP in '01?), but he was on the DL 3x.

That is comforting as a Yankee fan. Andy chose to pitch rather than have major surgery. I would feel real good about him throwing this year.

Do we know 1) If Mo is healthy and 2) What exactly is wrong with his wing?

Pedro, Btw has never had surgery on his shoulder. Not with the Sox atleast. He like Andy, chose to rehab it. He was afraid to go under the knife, because he saw how far Ramon fell after he had his major shoulder surgery done.

Thread Information