+ Reply to Thread

The Genius Behind These Minor League Parks

I can only wonder who made the call to prop up the minor league fan base. These new parks are great, and alot of fun. Beautiful, well thought out venues that are working. Here in Point Pleasant, NJ, the Blue Claws new stadium, in Lakewood, is enjoying great success. It was the same in Connecticut. Who could have dreamed of the amenities that go along with these well designed fields. Fun all over again, at bargin basement prices. Not to mention the bragging rights of spotting some new talent. I'm loving it all. It reminds me of my parents fond memories of courting at the Newark Bears games.

Re: The Genius Behind These Minor League Parks

Originally posted by Conway Roberson
    I can only wonder who made the call to prop up the minor league fan base. These new parks are great, and alot of fun. Beautiful, well thought out venues that are working. Here in Point Pleasant, NJ, the Blue Claws new stadium, in Lakewood, is enjoying great success. It was the same in Connecticut. Who could have dreamed of the amenities that go along with these well designed fields. Fun all over again, at bargin basement prices. Not to mention the bragging rights of spotting some new talent. I'm loving it all. It reminds me of my parents fond memories of courting at the Newark Bears games.

Great move . I go to many Blue Claws games. The view from any seat is great, the field is A-1. the best thing about it, is to see the family at ballgames again. Mom, Dad, and children. To me that's American.
    It's good to see the kids on the field give a 110%. Can't wait for the season to start.

Forum Regular
    i attend some minor league games around CT. i went to Yale Field once and it was ok, New Britain Stadium (obvious location) is probably the niced one here that i've been to. Ballpark at Harbor Yard in bridgeport is pretty nice too but i love going back home to Scranton, PA to see the Phillies AAA team the Red Barons that stadium was build in 1989 and is very nice it has a comfortable armosphere and they build it to feel like a major league ballpark which it does. minor league baseball is great

Originally posted by CTB
    i attend some minor league games around CT. i went to Yale Field once and it was ok, New Britain Stadium (obvious location) is probably the niced one here that i've been to. Ballpark at Harbor Yard in bridgeport is pretty nice too but i love going back home to Scranton, PA to see the Phillies AAA team the Red Barons that stadium was build in 1989 and is very nice it has a comfortable armosphere and they build it to feel like a major league ballpark which it does. minor league baseball is great
    I agree with you on most of those parks. But I was horrified when I went to Scranton. It has Artificial Turf, two tiers and looks an awful lot like The Vet. I think they missed the boat on that one.

Forum Regular
    its supposed to look like the vet. all the dimensions are the same as the vet and it has the artificial turf. i dun like the turf but i just like the feel of it i guess its just from being from that area i guess

Thread Information