+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    NYYF Legend

Time to pre-rank, then.

One of the pluses of having the draft on the 15th is that there's plenty of time for roster adjustments and trades before opening day, but we also get an idea of how borderline players are performing in spring training, and advance warning of major injuries. It's not perfect, but I do think it's the fairest date, and I did mention it as the target date even when I had to settle for a different option in the interim.

Seriously, pre-ranking shouldn't be that bad.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball
    Since it seems like things have gone through a natural evolution over the last few months, is it possible to recap the league settings? I am in 2 Yahoo leagues already, and would like to get into one with everyone here too, but would like to know what I'm getting into, so to speak.

I see the draft is on the 15th. Other than that...Is it a head to head league? Rotisseree league? Fantasy Points League? What categories are being scored? How many teams are signed up, and whats the maximim? Is it a keeper league? Is there a fee? And anything else you could tell me about the league.

Thanks

NYYF Legend

Well, the details are all in the Blueprint thread, which is still on this forum, so I'd direct you there. Essentially, it's a points-based keeper league, with three divisions of six teams (assuming all our owners get around to signing up). The points scheme is available elsewhere, and is subject to some change.

To sign in, go to the directed Yahoo.com page and use the password "JimF". We're going to ask for a $10 donation to the site in order to play.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Saxmania
    Time to pre-rank, then.

One of the pluses of having the draft on the 15th is that there's plenty of time for roster adjustments and trades before opening day, but we also get an idea of how borderline players are performing in spring training, and advance warning of major injuries. It's not perfect, but I do think it's the fairest date, and I did mention it as the target date even when I had to settle for a different option in the interim.

Seriously, pre-ranking shouldn't be that bad.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    OK, no problem Sax. Whatever is best for everybody.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by #1PaFan

OK, no problem Sax. Whatever is best for everybody.
    Wow. 10 brownie points to #1PaFan for being so co-operative.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

I'm in as The Larrupin Lous

Need to know where to send the money and to whom to write the check.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

To all: Please donate via PayPal if possible - there's a button at the bottom of the Forums list on the front page. If you need to pay through a different method, hopefully a moderator can give you an address to use.

15 now. Keep goin'!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Forum Regular

Sweet I'm in!! THE 4 HORSEMEN WILL REIGN SUPREME!!
    [B]My heroes- PEOPLE WHO POST 24/7 ON NYYFANS.COM, AND YET HAVE NOTHING TO SAY![/B]
    [COLOR=red]Fear THE 4 HORSEMEN![/COLOR]

Originally posted by BANZAIMATSUI
    Sweet I'm in!! THE 4 HORSEMEN WILL REIGN SUPREME!!
    cool...welcome!

alright, one more person to join...we have 17 now

gotta get ONE more..
    Harry the K's Legends: 2009 Champs, 2010 Ruth Division Champions

R.I.P Harry Kalas...Say hi to whitey for me

Originally posted by Saxmania
    To all: Please donate via PayPal if possible - there's a button at the bottom of the Forums list on the front page. If you need to pay through a different method, hopefully a moderator can give you an address to use.

15 now. Keep goin'!

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    Jim confirmed the address to which I can mail him my money. I just dropped the envelope in the mail box outside my building, so count me as paid!

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Paid via paypal a few days ago.
    ~*~ Bleeding Maize and Blue since 2001 ~*~

Owner of a coconut bra. Yankchic22's Avatar
    Im a bartender.... Sat nights are no good for me, but I have pre ranked my palyers
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    Oh yeah, things are always better when Randi's around.

San Fransky has signed up as #18

happy day!!
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

I have a few questions. I know there is a blueprint, but I've been so busy lately moving, I haven't had the time to prepare for this. LOL Sorry guys, this is my first on-line draft

1) in the "official lineup thread" (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...threadid=40199) am I to understand that I have the 14th pick?

2) what the hell is "pre-ranking your players"? Don't you choose as the rounds go on? Do I need to submit a list?

3) how long do we have to make a pick? Is there a limit and what happens if you exceed it?

4) what was the final decision on the amount of players being drafted? 21 or 25?

5) do i need to worry about this minor league thing tonight?

sorry it's so close. In case anyone noticed, i haven't been posting lately, so I've been out of the loop. But I didn't forget about the draft!! I'm really excited about it. You're all going down!!!

(Pete, I didn't forget about ya. Will be taken care of by Sunday )
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Hitman:

1) Yes, you have 14th pick, which will reverse every other round so that you are 5th in round 2, 4, 6, and so on.

2) Pre-ranking your picks will be done by Yahoo, but you'll probably want to make your own choices. This is so that if you are unable to stay connected for any reason, or fail to make a pick, Yahoo can make a choice for you. I'd recommend it.

3) 90 seconds, IIRC.

4) You'll draft 21, although only 17 will be required as points-scoring starters. The other 4 are bench players, and so are "optional".

5) No. We'll sort it out in the next few weeks, if enough owners are interested to make it worth the hassle. See you in a few minutes.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

ok great! thanks Sax, I appreciate it!

and I just submitted my donation, so I should be all set.

I just logged into the draft thing. I am impressed! I made spreadsheets for nothing!! LOL
    Boo for trading Prado.

I'm guessing it's too late? But if not, could someone tell me a little about it for people who just joined this site? I'm pretty good w/fantasy baseball.. but I also have a problem donating as I'm a teenager..

-WashingtonYankee-

NYYF Legend

Sorry, Washington, but the draft was Saturday evening, so we're all sorted. There are a few other games going on, so check out the other threads. If you want to get in early for next year, keep track of events on this forum during the season, and check in early for 2004.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Thread Information