+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's Official

It's Official

campo is out... somehow the world seems a little brighter now.... the air seems a little more fresh....

my sources just called and said parcells will be announced either tuesday or thursday....

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    Who are your sources? You've got a link somewhere? BTW, which source would call you personally on the phone to deliver this?

Re: It's Official

Originally posted by KLJ
    campo is out... somehow the world seems a little brighter now.... the air seems a little more fresh....

my sources just called and said parcells will be announced either tuesday or thursday....
    I'm surprized Bill would sign with a team that might take a few years to get going...he seems to coach only a couple of years and leaves...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

I watched the press conference where Campo was fired. Both JJ and Campo spoke. Campo was as gracious as ever.

I heard reports that Parcells has already signed - however, Parcells agent says those reports are not true.

"Sources around Valley Ranch say Parcells could even be hired as early as Tuesday and likely at least by Thursday.........................

Sources say Parcells could sign a deal worth $3-$4 million a year, which would be the most Jones has ever paid a Cowboys head coach since buying the team in 1989."

www.dallascowboys.com

NYYF Cy Young

I heard that Dennis Green is also in the running.

NYYF Legend

Damn! I really liked Campo as head coach there.

WCBS is announcing that the deal has been signed with Parcells today.
    Something like 4 years for 18 million dollars. Also, that the deal will be "announced" tomorrow by the Cowboys.

Tuna likes nothing better than to ride into Town and make a Loser into a Winner. Tuna can turn the Cowboys around. They need a Offensive Line, a QB & a Head Coach that isn't a doormat.

I was listening to Wally & the Keeg on 1050 ESPN Radio. One of them mentioned that The Cowboys should draft Chris Simms (out of Texas). Hmmm, wouldn't that be interesting.

The Cowboys will win the Super Bowl in the 2004/2005 season with Tuna at the helm. Ya heard it here first.

Originally posted by JDPNYY
    Tuna likes nothing better than to ride into Town and make a Loser into a Winner. Tuna can turn the Cowboys around. They need a Offensive Line, a QB & a Head Coach that isn't a doormat.

I was listening to Wally & the Keeg on 1050 ESPN Radio. One of them mentioned that The Cowboys should draft Chris Simms (out of Texas). Hmmm, wouldn't that be interesting.

The Cowboys will win the Super Bowl in the 2004/2005 season with Tuna at the helm. Ya heard it here first.
    I sincerely doubt Simms would go #5 in the NFL draft...he's a low 1st high second at best...

I agree with you, NYYFAN......Chris Simms never could win the big game - he couldn't deliver.

After he'd taken the 1-15 Jets into 12-4 contenders, only losing as underdogs to the Broncos on their turf, I'd say he certainly does know how to turn teams around, even if long-term commitments isn't his strength.

BTW, I just heard on WFAN that his signing is set to be publicly announced this Thursday sometime. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by texasyankee
    I agree with you, NYYFAN......Chris Simms never could win the big game - he couldn't deliver.
    Just to clarify my position.... I wasn't saying Chris Simms was the answer at QB, just that it would be interesting if Billy Tuna did indeed draft him. Maybe Phil would sign on as the QB Coach.

Maybe Phil would sign on as the QB Coach.
    Bill and Phil with that star on their jacket? Please, pass me the Kool-Aid

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    After he'd taken the 1-15 Jets into 12-4 contenders, only losing as underdogs to the Broncos on their turf, I'd say he certainly does know how to turn teams around, even if long-term commitments isn't his strength.

BTW, I just heard on WFAN that his signing is set to be publicly announced this Thursday sometime. Stay tuned.
    Yes...Parcells MO is to take over a bad team and make them a good one. He did it with the Giants, the Pats, the Jets, and now is trying it with the Cowboys. It doesn't surprise me at all.

My guess is that if Parcells doesn't want to "wait around" to develop a QB, and wants to win now, he'll get Jake Plummer - and get some offensive line help.

Originally posted by Soriambi
    Yes...Parcells MO is to take over a bad team and make them a good one. He did it with the Giants, the Pats, the Jets, and now is trying it with the Cowboys. It doesn't surprise me at all.
    What surprises me is that he'd agree to 4 years. I've heard $17M, but he didn't seem like a long-term guy. After the 12-4 season w/the Jets, he rode off into the sunset.

I could still never figure out how that "draft" worked after he'd lost the Supe w/the Pats. While I realize the Jets' 1-15 record won them this, but I've never heard of a head coach in any sport that just lost the game's finals, being drafted before.

Oh well, I guess he didn't wanna stay w/the Pats. (musta been da chowda!!!)

With the Boyz having the 5th or 6th pick in the draft, word is already circulating that Parcells will either trade down for more picks or the intriguing thought of drafting Chris Simms and develop him into an NFL QB like his dad.

carthon is the cowboys new offensive coordinator.... don't know much about him other than he was a good back for the giants in the 80's....

maybe someone can clue me in as to what type of offense he runs...

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by texasyankee
    With the Boyz having the 5th or 6th pick in the draft, word is already circulating that Parcells will either trade down for more picks or the intriguing thought of drafting Chris Simms and develop him into an NFL QB like his dad.
    I really hope not. I for one, am tired of watching the Cowboys "develop" a rookie QB after seeing two seasons of Carter/Hutchinson struggles. If the Cowboys do make a trade involving the draft, I'd rather see the Cowboys go get a QB like Tim Couch who may have worn out his welcome in Cleveland.

Originally posted by 2JAY
    I really hope not. I for one, am tired of watching the Cowboys "develop" a rookie QB after seeing two seasons of Carter/Hutchinson struggles. If the Cowboys do make a trade involving the draft, I'd rather see the Cowboys go get a QB like Tim Couch who may have worn out his welcome in Cleveland.
    I second this and add Jake the Snake to the list of available QB's. Sick of watching the Boys try to develop young talent at QB. Time to get a veteran. With all these backups playing this season there are a few decent QB's left to be picked up.

Thread Information