+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Bure might be gone for the season

Is there a #@%#ing curse hanging over MSG sports teams?

that's right

Re: Bure might be gone for the season

Originally posted by JfromJersey
    Is there a #@%#ing curse hanging over MSG sports teams?

They said they still have to get the results of the MRI, but most of the staff and players are not optimistic

Double ................

Until Cablevision sells the team, there may indeed be a curse.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME

I just read on ESPN that he is day to day with a sprained knee.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

Where is this coming from? I know he left the game yesterday but there's nothing on the internet about this at all yet.

Originally posted by Afu-Ra
    Where is this coming from? I know he left the game yesterday but there's nothing on the internet about this at all yet.
    This is all I found:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221206013

The injuries continued for the Rangers, as Pavel Bure suffered a sprained left knee and is listed as day-to-day.

that's right
    Originally posted by Hitman23

This is all I found:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221206013

That's an old story - came out before they knew anything.

There's some discussion about this over at www.newyorkrangerscafe.com on the discussion forum.

that's right
    From ESPN.com http://espn.go.com/nhl/news/2002/1207/1473188.html
    Pavel Bure's first full season with the Rangers may be a short one.

The New York winger sprained his left knee in the second period of a 4-1 loss to Buffalo on Friday, and there are indications the injury could be serious.

Rangers coach Bryan Trottier said he wouldn't know how long Bure would be out until an MRI (scheduled for Saturday) was performed. But just ordering the test is an indication the team doesn't think the injury is minor.

A team source took it a step further, telling the New York Post that Bure would likely miss the rest of the season.

Bure knocked knees in a low-speed collision with Buffalo's Curtis Brown, but an MRI after a similarly harmless looking crash in a preseason game against the Devils indicated Bure had torn cartilage in his right knee, the Daily News reported. He had surgery for that injury Sept. 26.

"It's tough to take," winger Matthew Barnaby -- also out with an injury -- told the Daily News. "Just as things are starting to roll and everything is coming together, we start going down, one after another."

OUCH

Well, they said today he's getting a second opinion and the team doctor doesn't want to go on record with an absolute answer. It still sucks either way, it will be his 3rd surgery on his knee. He's suppose to go for orthoscopic surgery this week. Even when he recovers, he's going to be alot slower, and then he will be useless. It figures, with Holik coming back 100% we didn't need this. Those 2 were making the team click.

Well, today's game was horrid. Could the power play have looked any worse? After the Bruins killed the 2 man advantage the Rangers seemed to give up.

update:
    http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...ses.asp?id=744

Bure Suffers Torn Medial Meniscus and Grade I MCL Sprain
    12/8/2002

The New York Rangers announced today that MRI testing has confirmed that Rangers right wing Pavel Bure has suffered a posterior tear of the medial meniscus and a Grade I medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprain in his left knee.

An MRI yesterday revealed the nature of the injury and Bure underwent a follow-up examination today by team physician and orthopedic surgeon Dr. Andrew Feldman. An estimated rehabilitation timetable will be established following the arthroscopic procedure, which has yet to be determined.

Bure sustained the injury to his left knee in the second period of the Friday nightís match vs. the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden. He currently ranks first on the Rangers with 14 goals and ranks third with 21 points in 27 games this season. Since joining the Rangers on March 18 last season, he has registered 26 goals and 15 assists for 41 points in 39 contests.

The ChronicWHATcles of Narnia yeahimweird's Avatar
    I saw ESPN a few days ago that he could be out for the season.

~Tracy~

Bottom Line

One week, one month, one year...its irrelevant. What matters is that the Rangers are hurting, as Bure, Richter, Leetch, and now Messier are out. I am not taking anything away from Blackburn, but he has got a lot to learn, throwing a 19 year old in there, yet again, with no hints of it (last years finally and now this season), can break the kid. He is 19, has to build confidence and learn a lot, which Richter was supposed to help with, but is out again. At times, Blackburn is a star in my eyes, but it is evident he isn't a 100% worthy, well...READY starter. Leetch, Messier and Bure is a huge loss on offense, and the defense is hurting w/o Leetch, as well as Poti. Bad news for the Rangers. This was 'the year', but injuries are killing us. All I want is a healthy run for a season..

I agree, I think the season is going to be a short one. With no hope of Richter and Bure coming back it's going to be tough. I'd be happy with just a playoff spot.

Surgery on both knees. This just gets better and better.......

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...ses.asp?id=756

Bure to Undergo Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
    12/13/2002

The New York Rangers announced today that right wing Pavel Bure will undergo arthroscopic surgery on Monday, December 16 to repair a posterior tear of the medial meniscus in his left knee. In addition, the Rangers forward will also undergo exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. The procedures will be performed by team physicians Dr. Andrew Feldman and Dr. Anthony Maddalo at St. Vincentís Hospital.

An MRI on Saturday, December 7 revealed the nature of Bureís injury. He underwent follow-up examinations by Dr. Feldman on Sunday, December 8 and orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama on Thursday, December 12. A timetable for Bureís rehabilitation program will be established following the surgery.

Bure sustained the posterior tear of the medial meniscus, as well as a Grade I medial collateral ligament (MCL) sprain to his left knee in the second period of the December 6 match vs. the Buffalo Sabres at Madison Square Garden. On September 26, he underwent successful arthroscopic surgery to repair a posterior tear of the medial meniscus in his right knee.

Bure currently ranks first on the Rangers with 14 goals and third with 21 points in 27 games this season. Since joining the Rangers on March 18 last season, he has registered 26 goals and 15 assists for 41 points in 39 contests.

Thread Information