+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

This One's For YOU, Chris Russo. ENJOY!!

Too sweet for words.

Everybody stick it to Mad Dog Russo on WFAN Monday.

That punk would sit in the studio of WFAN and rag on Yankee fans during our Victory Parades.

Hope it hurts, Russo. :finger1:

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    I just wish that celebration had been at YS instead!!! Or better yet, us celebrating on the 'Frisco infield!!!

Re: This One's For YOU, Chris Russo. ENJOY!!

Originally posted by Slippery Elm
    Too sweet for words.

That punk would sit in the studio of WFAN and rag on Yankee fans during our Victory Parades.

amen to all that

West Milford NJ- Hangin with the Bears in my Yard!!!
    I will be calling into the TAMED PUPPY tomorrow and will be relentless! He deserves it! All the crap about" I got a game and you Yankee fans don't!!"

Addicted Member

It's gonna be sweet. I can just picture him crying and sobbing like Darren Baker.
    Take that Russo.

Well, I'm initially taking the high road, and congratulating the AL representative, the Anaheim Angels, for winning the World Series.

I've been saying it for two weeks. If they have the audacity to beat us, they HAD BETTER beat everyone else.

However, if in so doing they happen to break Mr. Russo's heart, so much the better.

But don't be fooled. The guy's a worm. He will drop into that "at least we got there" mode almost immediately.

Don't listen. Just laugh at him. Do your best impression of the Russo cackle.

YANKEE BASEBALL!!!

NYYF Legend

If Russo just ragged on the Yankees I wouldn't complain much. But he has gone out of his way to attack Yankee FANS year after year, and he does it while hiding in the studio at WFAN. He didn't have the guts to go to YS for years.

Stick it to him good. That's justice

What's the number f/call-in again? It's 718-something, but I forgot the number.

Originally posted by 1stluvyanks
    I can just picture him crying and sobbing like Darren Baker.
    that is very harsh, but very funny...

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by matt27

that is very harsh, but very funny...

I forget their call-in number, but Benigno will be on in about half an hour with it. Yesterday morning, with Russo's producer Chris Carlin doing the show, the main subject was people calling and focusing their anger at Russo on seeing the Gnats lose. It worked!

Watching Darren Baker cry made me laugh. OK, I'm evil. That'll teach stupid Dusty to have him out there on the field getting run over instead of with his mom where he belongs.

West Milford NJ- Hangin with the Bears in my Yard!!!
    I can't wait to make fun of Puppy. I am going to call in and just say to him that at least when the Yankees go to a World Series for the first time in a LOOOOONG time the can win it!!!!!!! It is going to be a fun few months ripping him!!!!!!

I was rooting for the Giants but at least there will be some positive that comes out of this. Fat Mike said that Russo is a good loser, but a bad winner. So I think he will be ok and totally admit the Giants choked. Unfortunately a lot of time will be taken up by the Art Howe hiring on Mon.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    What's the number f/call-in again? It's 718-something, but I forgot the number.
    718-937-6666

NYYF Legend

Ah yes.

Here's the trick to get through: remember there is a tape delay of 5-7 seconds. Try to guess when a call is about 5-7 seconds before being disconnected, thus opening up a line for an instant. Start dialing then, and use redial.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by rock
    I was rooting for the Giants but at least there will be some positive that comes out of this. Fat Mike said that Russo is a good loser, but a bad winner. So I think he will be ok and totally admit the Giants choked. Unfortunately a lot of time will be taken up by the Art Howe hiring on Mon.
    I couldn't care less if he's a good loser. For spending over a decade viciously ragging on Yankee fans he deserves to be ragged on without mercy.

Originally posted by GoRocket
    718-937-6666
    Thx. I think that Joe Benigno just gave it out and I will surely call them during the day!!!

NYYF Legend

Re: This One's For YOU, Chris Russo. ENJOY!!

Originally posted by Slippery Elm
    Too sweet for words.

He called in Sick, has the Angel Flu.

It's on YES right now, so I'm unsure if that's the 3pm thing at Shea or not, but they're discussing the WS loss, so it doesn't seem taped. It's also not in their usual studio.

They're live at Shea because of the Mets' 2 pm news conference to announce the hiring of Art Howe.

Russo sounds stoic. I'm sure he's dying inside though!

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Bern Baby Be
    They're live at Shea because of the Mets' 2 pm news conference to announce the hiring of Art Howe.

Russo sounds stoic. I'm sure he's dying inside though!
    Early Sunday morning while doing his own show, their producer, Chris Carlin, described Russo as absolutely devastated after Game Six.

NYYF Legend

and today Maddog didn't seem that upset when I saw the show on YES...he's probably in denial!
    Let's Go Yankees!

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Originally posted by DJeter1287
    and today Maddog didn't seem that upset when I saw the show on YES...he's probably in denial!
    He is a good actor. I know the Yanks had a 2-1 lead in the ninth inning of game 7, but SF had a 5-0 lead with 8 outs to go in Game 6, to me, equally heart-breaking.

Thread Information