View Poll Results: In the NL...

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to have another get go with the DBacks. Revenge!

8 25.81%
  • Dear lord, I never want to see them again, ever.

3 9.68%
  • Go Cardinals!

20 64.52%
  • Go (insert choice)!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What would you rather see?

Now that it is a given that the Yankees will play in the post season, and it's almost sure that our best buddies the DBacks will also be in the post season, I was wondering how people feel about them in the post season. Would you want another crack at these punks in the October Classic, or would you rather seem them get swept in the NLDS in a crushing, humilating manner?
    I for one want to see them get manhandled by whoever plays them, bombing Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson is a great hope I have.
    I'm rooting for the Cardinals and for LA to get their act together and win the NL Wild Card.

NYYF Triple Crown

Cardinals, of course. 7 games.

NYYF Legend

Cardinals have always been my fav NL team, and that is long before Tino got there. Best fans and organization in the league.

Go Mets!!!!

Honestly, I want to see the Cards. It'll be a great series, and Tino will be back in the Stadium.

Plus I think it'll be great for the team if they make it to the WS, after everything that has happened to them this year.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!

NYYF Legend

Cardinals---after all they have been through I think that they deserve to win the NL Pennant. Plus we would get to see Tino again. That would be great to see Tino at the stadium!!
    Last edited by DJeter1287; 09-24-02 at 05:54 PM.
    Let's Go Yankees!

I want the Cards also...mostly because of the Tino factor.

There's a common denominator to two of the sadest times in recent Yankee history, and his name is Randy Johnson...

I know many want revenge, I just want the Yankee's World Champions again...

NYYF Legend

Any one of these teams will do, thank you very much.

1964 Cardinals
    1976 Cincinnati
    1981 Los Angeles
    2001 Arizona

A whole bunch of revenge goin' on. &po'd&

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    I have always liked the Cardinals and this year with MLB extra innings got to watch them a lot...before this year, I didn't know much about Darryl Kile but I had gotten attached to the whole team before that happened...I was checking them out a lot to see Tino who is one of my favorite baseball players but wound up loving the whole team...they are extremely impressive and I'm rooting for them to go all the way to the World Series...and if they get there and the Yanks do, then down with the Cards!!

I'm also a huge defense girl and the Cardinals may have the best team defense in the league -- many have all these guys in the running for a gold glove: Renteria (SS), Vina (2B), Rolen (3B), Tino (1B), Matheny (C) and Edmonds (OF).

the D-Backs are going to be tough for them in a short series especially since for some stupid reason there is an off day after game one and two...so that allows Johnson to pitch two games as well as Schilling if needed.... go Cards!!

i wouldnt want the cardinals...since i hate them too much...yes, they have great defense but you never know what will happen

im just hoping for revenge with the dbacks...

NYYF HOF

I voted for the D'backs. Yes, it would be terrible to lose to them again, however, what could possibly be sweeter than beating them? Couldn't you just imagine that?

The stakes are high, but the payoff would be oh so awesome.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other. If Tino don't take out Randy "Horse's Behind" Johnson, then we'll have to do the dirty deed ourselves. This time, we'll have more firepower on our hands.

Cards, definitely. ANYTHING to not see Schilling/Johnson again, even if the AL have home field advantage this time...

Released Outright
    I want to see the Cards. The Cards would be a classic World Series no matter who they play. AZ is so boring and predictible and old, and over rated. Down with AZ, down with Atlanta, up with the Cards!

I want the DBacks and I want them bad. I want to beat the hell out of them. I don't want it to even be close. My dream Series? I want Johnson to start Game 1. I want to beat his brains in and chase him early, on our way to a 10 nothing victory. Game 2 I want to beat Schilling's brains in. I want Brenly to pull him before the second inning is done, while we go on to a 15 nothing win. Game 3 I don't care who starts but I want him to get his brains beat in. Game 4 I want Brenly to go back to Johnson...who can't make it out of the first inning. Since Schilling is still fresh he comes in to relieve...and he can't get out of the first either. It's 16 nothing and the DBacks haven't even come to the plate yet. After Schilling gets yanks, then the Yanks start to pour it on. Bud Selig calls the game because the DBacks run out of pitchers. And Luis Gonzalez goes 0 for the Series.

That is my dream.

NYYF HOF

Yeah, patrick.o, that's what I'd like too...

I'm rooting for the Cards for a couple of reasons. 1st and foremost because of what they've been through this year. 2nd is because of Tino. Not that I'd like to see the Yanks lose or anything, but I just wish Tino alot of luck and hope he and his team do well. I've been following the Cards all year, they are sort of my 2nd team now.

If that doesn't pan out, my 2nd choice would be the D-backs. Payback is a bitch.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Originally posted by Hitman23
    I'm rooting for the Cards for a couple of reasons. 1st and foremost because of what they've been through this year. 2nd is because of Tino. Not that I'd like to see the Yanks lose or anything, but I just wish Tino alot of luck and hope he and his team do well. I've been following the Cards all year, they are sort of my 2nd team now.

If that doesn't pan out, my 2nd choice would be the D-backs. Payback is a bitch.
    Ditto

Released Outright
    Originally posted by Coney36

Ditto
    Tritto

Released Outright
    Originally posted by patrick.o
    I want the DBacks and I want them bad. I want to beat the hell out of them. I don't want it to even be close. My dream Series? I want Johnson to start Game 1. I want to beat his brains in and chase him early, on our way to a 10 nothing victory. Game 2 I want to beat Schilling's brains in. I want Brenly to pull him before the second inning is done, while we go on to a 15 nothing win. Game 3 I don't care who starts but I want him to get his brains beat in. Game 4 I want Brenly to go back to Johnson...who can't make it out of the first inning. Since Schilling is still fresh he comes in to relieve...and he can't get out of the first either. It's 16 nothing and the DBacks haven't even come to the plate yet. After Schilling gets yanks, then the Yanks start to pour it on. Bud Selig calls the game because the DBacks run out of pitchers. And Luis Gonzalez goes 0 for the Series.

That is my dream.
    LMAO Pat.

To be the best, you must beat the best, so whichever team we have to beat to win #27, I say bring it on!

Cards. Tino...classic team...classic series...I'd love it.

Career Minor Leaguer 1TonHumanHamsterWheel's Avatar
    Back in December, after we got Giambi and St. Louis got Tino, I predicted that the Yanks would beat the Cards in 6 games in the Series. I'm standing by that prediction.
    Imperium Referiat!

When I walked in through the door/ Thought it was me I was looking for/ She was the first song I ever sang/ But it stopped as soon as it began...

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by Bub
    Cards. Tino...classic team...classic series...I'd love it.
    ...adding a big old ditto .

NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!
    I think I will root for the Cardnals of course because they seem like the easiest team to play out of the NL.

But I am tired of seeing The Atlanta chokers :rolleyes:. And another part of me wants to see The Yanks play Arizona again. (Especially now that Gonzo is gone, it would be interesting to see how far they go).

Hey!!! Why are we are getting ahead of ourselves?? Lets see if the Yanks can get out of the first round first.

Not that I have any doubts but, I don't want to talk too much smack and put my shoe in my mouth. I think we all did that last year in the 2001 World Series against Arizona.

[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]~[/color] [COLOR=indigo][b]Ashley[/b][/color] [color=teal]~[/color]

[URL=http://www.livejournal.com/~baseballcutie]My LiveJournal[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Originally posted by PinstripeFanatic
    My sentiments exactly, Ashley.

Derryn

Thread Information