+ Reply to Thread
    Released Outright

Has anyone else noticed........

That Baseball Tonight really seems to be kissing Tino's ass. It seems like everytime he hit's a HR or drives in a few runs it's a celebration. It's almost like they feel bad for him because the Yanks let him go. I wish Tino the best but has anyone else noticed that?

The Source

They do support him. They know he's a better player than what he has been doing in St. Louis. So they throw him a little support. That's all. I don't think that it's turned into Tino-Time.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    I haven't noticed, but people have wondered what happened to Tino these days, since his 1st half wasn't so hot.

I'm a big Jason fan, but since Tino's such a classy guy, I say any kudos going his way are well-earned.

NYYF Legend

Well...they are happy to see him doing well..when he doesn't do well and they know he can it is an upset. Not just to them but to everyone. I don't think they make into a huge celebration as previously said..

Tino did a lot for NYY...we should all be proud of what he did for this team.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Watching the last Sunday night game vs. Cubs, yes, I definately felt that. I mean, the announcers were like 'this is nothing for Tino - think this is pressure for him! Nooo! He's played in so many big games!' whenver he came up with runners on bases. And then Tino made an out, they made so many points about how Tino's intensity and defense brings up the team together blah blah blah.
    Wonder why they hardly said these nice things about Tino when he was a Yankee. Is this NY bias or Jeter's star power overshadowing the whole team? Hmmmm.

Released Outright
    Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    Wonder why they hardly said these nice things about Tino when he was a Yankee.
    Exactly! They could care less about Tino when he was a Yankee. Now that he's on everyones "favorite" team he gets treated like royalty.

Anti-NY bias

It pervades the national sports media, and it shows that most of them could never make it in NY.

The Source

Originally posted by Yanks22
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Shadowboxer
    Wonder why they hardly said these nice things about Tino when he was a Yankee.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Exactly! They could care less about Tino when he was a Yankee. Now that he's on everyones "favorite" team he gets treated like royalty.
    I never even looked at it that way. Interesting.

Wow really? I'm surprised... Glad they're happy for Tino though I don't watch ESPN too much. They annoy me sometimes. I watch Baseball Tonight occasionally. Never heard them talk about Tino yet.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]~[/color] [COLOR=indigo][b]Ashley[/b][/color] [color=teal]~[/color]

[URL=http://www.livejournal.com/~baseballcutie]My LiveJournal[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

i dont watch baseball tonight oftne, but I had it on after the Rolen deal, and they were praising Tino's defense (why shouldnt they) then and saying how the cards have one of the best infields in baseball

NYYF Legend

Yanks22

I just wonder if some on this board have some influence on Baseball Tonite? He`s gone but they still carry his cyber name.

NYYF Legend

Originally posted by caroline331
    i dont watch baseball tonight oftne, but I had it on after the Rolen deal, and they were praising Tino's defense (why shouldnt they) then and saying how the cards have one of the best infields in baseball
    Their infield is awesome..and their outfield is great too. The Cards are a great team.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Thread Information