+ Reply to Thread

OMG! 32 for Luis Castillo! He's the greatest player ever!!

What a joke this is...:rolleyes:

I'll get excited after about 45.

NYYF Triple Crown

Hits are nice. But some homeruns, RBI and runs would also be nice...

joltin Luis!!

it's exciting for the game.

NYYF Legend

Re: joltin Luis!!

Originally posted by luvthesox
    it's exciting for the game.
    Yes excitement is good.....

Now THERE is a Captain !! SanFrANSKY's Avatar
    When Pete Rose was approaching Joe D's record, there was a great cartoon which I believe appeared in the Daily News. Joe D was swinging a golf club and smiling, and the caption read "Call me when he gets to 50."

This is uhh..good for him...

The guy has no pressure on him. He dosen't speak good english or talk to many people. He dosen't even know most of his teammates names. I don't think he would be intimidated by any pitches also. So he a better chance.

NYYF Legend

MAKE THAT #33...."Little Luis" just hits a double in the bottom of the 6th....WTG LUIS!!!!! and scores on Cliff Floyds base it....

I'm rooting against him. No one must touch Joe's record..
    C'mon, someone end it!!

Louis Castillo

I think that having Castillo hitting straight in 33 games brings excitement to the game of baseball.

Castillo has just tied Roger Hornsbys record of 33 games as a second baseman. Records are made to be broken.

I hope that he breaks Hornsbys record.

Go Louie!!!

Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT
    Originally posted by WindRavenX
    I'm rooting against him. No one must touch Joe's record..
    C'mon, someone end it!!
    Exactly.

Louis Castillo

Castillo has made it to 34 hits. He has broken Roger Hornsbys record as a second baseman just like I predicted.

Now on to the next game.

Good luck Louie!!!

22 games left. What is that 3 weeks and a day? He'll never make it. But I'm rooting against him. The only person I would ever want to break that record is Derek Jeter. Nobody else is worthy.

He's batted .391 the last 7 days, he has got to cool off! He'll face the knucklballer Steve Sparks tonight, maybe that will send him into a funk. If he makes it to 44 games they will be playing the Cubs where they could face Mark Prior. Other than that, it's all crappy teams.

Pick me. Choose me. Love me. SuperMario66's Avatar
    Just between I wish I could and I don't know
    Originally posted by SkooterPhil#10
    The only person I would ever want to break that record is Derek Jeter. Nobody else is worthy..
    For some reason I feel that way too. I love Derek, but usually I am not biased towards him. I hope Castillo's streak ends very soon.
    --Misti

Has anybody noticed we have a color option called "lemon chiffon?"

NYYF Legend

Just to add a little excitement I hope he continues the streak, but falls a few games short. Too many cherished Yankee records keep falling by the wayside ( HR's, SLG, consecutive games played, etc). I would hate to see Joe D's record broken. BTW, what makes the Yankee Clipper's record even more remarkable, was that it was set by a right handed power hitter, not a contact hitter who either switch hit or hit from the left side.

Originally posted by JfromJersey
    BTW, what makes the Yankee Clipper's record even more remarkable, was that it was set by a right handed power hitter, not a contact hitter who either switch hit or hit from the left side.
    The fact that he started up a brand new 17 game streak the very next day is pretty remarkable too. I mean, 73 of 74 games with a hit? That's absolutely incredible. Really makes Castillo's streak look almost silly.

Time to start thinking negative thoughts toward him...before he gets too close, which I already think he is...

NYYF Legend

Keep those negative thoughts for tomorrow....Castillo just led off the Marlins 3rd with a single .....#35!!!!!! WTG 'little Luis"...

Before anyone gets the wrong idea....I do not want him to break the record...but this sure is good thing for Marlin fans....may be their last year with a club...might as well let them have some excitement...

Released Outright
    How can he not know the names of his teammates?

Anyways, I also hope he doesn't break Joe D's record. Like Skooter said, the only player I wouldn't mind breaking Joe's record would be Jete. That would be awesome.

Thread Information