Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How about this... Would you trade Derek Jeter for Alex Rodriguez?

In response to the Posada/Rodriguez thread i open this one...

I think we all know it's a no brainer..

Arod Aka Awod would be a yankee if Texas offered him up.. I'd do the trade "as fast as a NY minute" Any smart baseball mind would do it too...No matter how many rings DJ has.

It's kinda like How Dan Marino is better then Joe Montana...People will debate you but fact is fact DM is a better qb then Joe Montana....Dan never had a RB or a defense like Joe had.

Hence no SB rings

People here are so loyal they wouldn't trade Todd Greene for A-Rod.

NYYF MVP

Greene for Pay-Rod?...Let me get back to you on that one. (Would Hicks eat $24mill per in salary?)

Personally, I'd rather have Montana than Marino, but yes, if their prices were equal (which they're not), it's a no-brainer. A-Rod is younger, plays better defense, hits for more power. This is not to diminish Jeter, who's a great, great player, but A-Rod is in another stratosphere.

A-Rod is the best hitter in the game. However, Jeter's leadership is vital to this team. So, no I don't make that trade.

Originally posted by manatwo
    People here are so loyal they wouldn't trade Todd Greene for A-Rod.
    That's true about Yankee fans. We are loyal to a fault.

Released Outright
    A-Rod is all about A-Rod. The Yanks are all about unselfish team play. Enough said.

Devoted Member
    i'll stick with jeter.. he may not be as good, but he WANTS to be a Yankee, not the shortstop for "the team that offers the most money"

NYYF Triple Crown

Whatever Pay-Rod would bring to the YANKEES beyond what Jeter provides would not be worth the extra $7,000,000. a year. In addition to the raw numbers remember how Pay-Rod acted in Seattle.

If the YANKEES had a mediocre ss and a low payroll then maybe it would be worth putting up with Pay-Rod for his offense. Since the Jeter is as good as he is why spend $,7,000,000 for a SS that hits better but is not as good with his glove? It makes no sense to me.

I'll take the unpopular route and say that I'd trade Jeter for A-Rod, especially if as Gator said, the money wasn't an issue. Jeter means a lot to the Yankees and he's done a lot for the Yankees but A-Rod is perhaps one of the top players in all of baseball, if not the top player. Jeter is great but A-Rod is even better.

-Deborah

Have to go with A Rod also...

Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Have to go with A Rod also...
    i'll 3rd that.. a-rod is the best player in the game.. i'd hate to give up jeter though.. can we trade them white and put jeter in left field..? lol

No Way! Jeter fits the Yankees beautifully and is leadership material. A-Wad spells "team" with a capital "I", and we don't need that.

Addicted Member

NO NO NO

No thank-you!! I'm not a big fan of Pay-Rod...

Guess im just one of those people who would take Joe Montana over Dan Marino, oh yeah and Jeter over arod too.

Forum Regular
    Not for anything...let him keep his me-me-me self right in Texas...he's the last thing the Yankees need.

And arod is not the best hitter in the game. He's not even the best hitter in the american league, that title goes to Mr. Giambi, compare there last 3 year averages and tell me who has been the better hitter, not overall player, just hitter.

Arod's average ops last 4 years(98,99,00,01):.977

Giambi average ops last 4 years(98,99,00,01)1.027

50 point difference. Arod is probably the best all around player in the game, so is derek jeter. But if your talking just hitting i can probably name 5 guys off the top of my head better then arod. Plus arod always had the luxury of playing in the kingdome, with hitter like griffey(in his prime), and guys like edgar(in his prime). Then when he moves into safco, he bitches and complains to the media that they should bring the walls in, and he proceeds to sighn in a hitters paradise.

here are some players that i think are better hitters then arod

Giambi, Manny, Sheffield, Nomar, Piazza, Bonds, Sosa. Just to name a few, im sure if i could think of more.

But in arod's defense, all that offense for a ss is a big bonus, but he is definitly not the best hitter in baseball but probably the best overall player.

Originally posted by djhitman01
    Arod is probably the best all around player in the game, so is derek jeter.

I think Jeter may end up moving to CF sooner rather than later - especially since Bernie's days there aren't much longer. So, it may end up being: "Would you trade Erik Almonte for A-Rod?"

Maybe if Almonte got Scott Boras as an agent...

Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar
    Obviously. Those who wouldn't are irrational- other than perhaps the marketing (outside of baseball) reasoning, ARod is a better player than Jeter. He hits for more power (HR title last year) has more speed (has stolen over 40 bases before) and can hit for higher average (he won a batting title in 1996; Jeter has never won one. Also, in 1996 his BA was .357, higher than Jeter has ever recorded.) Oh yeah... and he plays better AND more consistent defense.

But I'll take my Derek Jeter (highest active AL BA) as an honorable mention anytime (and look at all the rings!)

Originally posted by Rocketman
    has more speed (has stolen over 40 bases before)
    This may have been true when he first came up - but he doesn't steal bases anymore. Part of it is Texas doesn't want to risk him getting hurt on the basepaths - that happened once or twice when he was in Seattle - and the other part is: why steal when you have Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro, et al hitting behind you?

Exactly, arod has always had great hitters hitting in front of him and behind him. If you wanna talk about the best hitting ss it's Nomar. Nomar doesn't hit as many hr's as arod, but Nomar slg% is higher, and his ob% has been better. And look at arod's walk to k ratio, nomar's is much better, Nomar average ops from 98,99,00, .999

Devoted Member
    Originally posted by PalmerGA
    No Way! Jeter fits the Yankees beautifully and is leadership material. A-Wad spells "team" with a capital "I", and we don't need that.
    I argee!! I would never trade Jeter he is devoted to winning and will do whatever it takes he is a good leader and he is not greedy! I can't even think of the yankees now without thinking about all the things that he has done to help this team. Jeter is a Yankee for Life A- Rod will be stuck in Texas for the rest of his career and never win the WS.

Thread Information