+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Cy Young

Getting Yanks/Sox tickets for Fenway...

Last year I didn't even try to buy tickets because I didn't want to pay Manny Ramirez' salary. This year I am only going to get to Yankee Stadium once or twice at the most, so if I want to see my Yankees, I'll have to do it here at Fenway. *gulp*

I am less intimidated by the bleacher rowdies who have tried to steal my hat in the past, pull my hair, poured beer on my boyfriend, and the like than I am by the complicated Red Sox ticket process! WTF??

Today (Monday Feb 11th) only special "Value Packs" go on sale -- most of the packs are for four games--usually one Yankee game and then three other opponents like the Orioles and Diamondbacks. Sigh... not interested, but I feel like if I don't buy SOME tickets this way, I'll never get any.

On Feb 24th the "official ticket order form" becomes available on the web and in the Boston Globe, and TouchTone tickets by phone are sold.

Feb 25th (Monday) they start taking mail orders for individual game tickets.

March 2nd ticket sales office opens to walkup sales, and to phone sales for those who need to speak to a human, I guess.

Keerist. I have a strong feeling that the Yankees games will be mostly sold out by the time March 2nd rolls around.

I don't want to have tickets to the Diamondbacks and such, but I may get them anyway, and try to sell them to my red sox fan friends, just to insure I can get some Yankees game tickets. If I had more oney, I'd worry less. But money is tight right now...

What are you all doing? Or will you just go to scalpers later?

-ctan

Details on tickets, value packs, etc:

http://redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/bos...eting_info.jsp

Use the touch tone and use an odd time to call. I always have best luck with 2 in the morning. Good luck.

i felt like i was supporting the enemy when i sent in my order for tickets at fenway. oh wait, that is b/c i am. yuck!!
    anyway, i sent in for 3 of the packages, tickets to 4 games against the yanks, 3 games against the royals and other tickets that will go to my roommates who are all sox fans. they are all bleacher seats, b/c for some reason people in boston are willing to spend tons of money to watch their team lose and seats are pretty $$, but i'm ready for the fight.
    i'm hoping to get some other yanks/sox tickets during the season through other people and same day sales.
    waiting to see how this all turns out, this is my first year here in boston and i know that i am going to go through yankee withdrawal!!

NYYF Cy Young

Fear not sperica, there are plenty of Yankees fans up here! And thanks to the Internet we can follow the team just as closely as we could in New York... except for the four hour drive to the stadium.

-ctan

If last year is any indication of what will happen to the Yankee/Sox tickets, then you should buy as much as you can via the phone on that first day of sales. In 2001, the majority of Yankee/Sox tickets sold out over the phone. I'm going to use this option. I have 3 other Yankee friends in Boston, so we'll all be working the phones.

In the past I have purchased tickets to some other games as well, but not this year. The price of tickets are ridiculous. The price continues to go up and up and up (at least bleacher prices remained the same).

A tough ticket will be the Patriots Day 11AM game in mid-April. That game will sell out quickly as everyone gets that day off in Mass.

Like ctan said, sperica you don't need to worry about being alone. There are plenty of Yankee fans in enemy territory. My goal this year is to get tickets to EVERY Yankee/Sox game. I went to 5 Yankee/Sox games last year, including the entire Labor Day weekend series. I want more.

I'm hoping to meet a few fans from this board for pre-game festivities and as support for fire-breathing Sox fans who are looking to burn the Yankee hat. Yes, I've seen this happen as well.

it is nice to know that there are other yanks fans around. it amazes me that in a town that hates the yankees so much you can find yankee hats and t-shirts in almost any sports store. i don't remember ever seeing a red sox hat in nyc.
    well i hope that i get the tickets packages that i ordered, one includes tickets to the patriots day game, and i think i might try and hit the phones for tickets to other yanks/sox games.
    when games get closer we will have to try and set up some yankee tailgates

NYYF Cy Young

Well, after much hitting much REDIAL, yesterday I finally got through to Red Sox sales and bought two of the 4-game "Value Packs." Each one has two yankees games in it, and two who-cares games in it -- but I figure since the Value Pack was priced at a discount, it was like getting tickets to four games for the price of three. So to make back the extra money I spent, I only have to re-sell two games, not four, that I don't want. Which is doable.

I'll try to get some of the other games on February 24th, when Touch Tone ticketing starts at 12 noon. But if I don't get through, at least I know I'll be saving money! It's crazy to me that for the price of not-so-great seats at Fenway -- (around $75 for the pair), corwin and I can drive to 250 miles to Yankee Stadium ($20 in gas, plus $4.50 tolls, round trip, pus $8 parking, plus $34 for tier reserved seats we LIKE =$66.50) for less! The problem is, spending eight hours in the car is too much for a single day trip! We won't have a lot of vacation time this summer, so, Fenway it is.

-ctan

P.S. Here's the Yankees games I got:

Sunday April 14th
    Thursday May 23rd
    Tuesday August 27
    Wednesday August 28

Suffering in Beantown YankeeFan00's Avatar
    I really want to go see the Yankees when they come to Fenway, but I have never seen the Yankees before. And I don't know if I want my first time to e at Fenway, I'll have to think about it.

NYYF Cy Young

YF00, I understand your reluctance. Making a trip to Yankee Stadium is probably a pilgrimage you ought to make as soon as you can!

Maybe we should get a group from Boston together and carpool down some time? If we could get four of us together, get tickets in tier reserve, and not eat too many hot dogs we could do it for like $25 each...!

-ctan

I'd be up for car pooling. I usually go down for about 3 games at Yankee Stadium per year.

ctan - I've been continuing to call the Sox office for the package deals. That phone is always busy. Still trying as we speak. Redial....Redial....

Originally posted by sperica
    it is nice to know that there are other yanks fans around. it amazes me that in a town that hates the yankees so much you can find yankee hats and t-shirts in almost any sports store. i don't remember ever seeing a red sox hat in nyc.
    well i hope that i get the tickets packages that i ordered, one includes tickets to the patriots day game, and i think i might try and hit the phones for tickets to other yanks/sox games.
    when games get closer we will have to try and set up some yankee tailgates
    They is a lot more Yankees stuff in Boston than in the Maryland area. I was at a sports store by Quincy Market and they had some great Yankee stuff there. A lot of Yankee fans live in the New England area, so they will make money of us somehow.

NYYF Cy Young

YanksAgain, I couldn't get through at 617-267-1700 at all, so I tried 617-267-8661 (the season ticket office number), and would usually get the "all our salespeople are busy and we've exceeded our on hold limit" but then finally, after an afternoon of redial, I got to the stage where I was put on hold! Then it took about 10 minutes for someone to get to me, but I got through. Try 617-267-8661 if you haven't already.

-ctan

ctan, thanks for the info. With that number, I was finally able to get through. Sitting WAY up in the Bleachers for one of the packages. Purchased both of the "double" Yankee packages. I will dump the "lame" games on my Sox friends. They'll do whatever it takes to go to a Sox vs. Royals game. Actually, I may go to root for Knobby.

NYYF Cy Young

Glad I could help! the more yankees fans the safer I'll be...

Fenway single game tickets go on sale through the touch tone phone only this Sunday at 12 noon (Feb 24th) and by mail on Monday the 25th, but apparently only if you use the official mail order form from the web site or the newspaper...!

-ctan

Originally posted by Yanksagain
    ctan, thanks for the info. With that number, I was finally able to get through. Sitting WAY up in the Bleachers for one of the packages. Purchased both of the "double" Yankee packages.
    Were the bleachers the only seats they had left? If so, I better get moving on getting those packages.

hurray! got confirmation that i got my tickets! i've got tickets to 4 yanks games (4/15,5/23,5/25 & 8/28) and 3 royals games (4/9, 4/10, 4/11) and of course other games that i don't care a thing about (braves x2, indians x2 and orioles) that i should easily be able to sell.
    all tickets are in the bleachers so that should be interesting.
    i'm going to the royals games to root for knobby. my seats are in bleacher 37 and bleacher 41, if anyone has tickets that are closer to left field and would be interested in a trade let me know....

NYYF Cy Young

Frack. I went to get the mail order form with the plan that I was going to go to the 24 hour past office today so that the Red Sox would get my ticket order tomorrow, the first day they will accept mailorders for the single game tickets. BUT -- on the form itself it says they won't accept any mail orders for the Yankees games! ^*$&%#!

I just heard on the sports radio station here a guy who said he's been hitting redial for six hours and never got through. Maybe I'll just go to the four games I have tickets for already...

They need to add 20,000 more seats to Fenway in a serious way!

-ctan

According to WEEI (Boston sports radio) all of the Yankee games are sold out at Fenway. Luckily, I got those 2 ticket packages.

ctan, me and 3 other Yankee fans will be attending each game, so we'll protect you.

Thread Information