+ Reply to Thread
    JimF
    In anticipation of the new design of the site, which is due to be released on about August 15, I've decided to eliminate the frames. If you find that you are still looking at the forums inside of a frame, simply right click on one of the forum links, and select "Open In New Window".

-jim

Devoted Member

THANK YOU! I hate frames! This is much better!

Dude, Jim, that's certainly an upgrade! Thanx a million-- it's sooo much easier to scroll down now.
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

This is great Jim. I came home from the game today to read the recap because we really didn't know what went on with Piniella and Sele, and why the game was under protest, and everything was there. This really is one stop shopping and good service. Thanks for everything.
    Land of the free?
    It's all about oil.
    Pray for the proud amerikans

Devoted Member

Ummm... I preferred the frames. No one's gonna go to other parts of the site now...

But I'm probably jumping the gun... I'm sure you're working on something to ameliorate that problem right now.

But if it's a choice between frames or no frames, I say FRAMES!

-Cath

JimF
    Yeah, I agree, trust me. But I discovered some issues with the frames when using Netscape. All the links on the menu opened in a new window, without the frame. I messed with it for hours, checked, double checked, and couldn't figure out the problem. Netscape has a habit of misbehaving.

Anyway, a totally new design is in the works, which everyone will love. There will be a menu, but no frames. Everybody's problems will be alleviated - and it will be good. I'm going to try to go live with the new design by August 15. I've hired a graphic designer who has come up with some totally killer stuff.

So since most people disliked the frames for any number of reasons, I figured I'd just do away with them for a week or two. There are links to the main page at the bottom of every forum page, for those who would like to visit without typing .

-jim

Devoted Member

Cool. In the meantime, you should put a direct link to "Morning Papers" at the bottom of the screen.

Hired a graphic designer? Have you discovered a pot of gold under some rainbow I haven't heard about?

-Cath

Thread Information