Boys Dream Day !

The Today Show this morning had a segment for a Boy's dream come true. His Dad was a firefighter who died on 9/11 and they wanted to make him smile.

He went to Yankee Stadium. Got the royal tour by Joe. He met Jason Giambi & Kristen. Spoke to Roger on the phone. They gave him lots of Yankee clothes, autographed balls, etc. When asked who his favorite Yankee is.....He meekly said "Tino".......Jason said "sorry". Maybe Tino saw it and will send him an autographed pic.

Very nice segment.
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

NYYF Triple Crown

That's a great story . . . thanks for sharing (and by the way, I agree with him, Tino's still my favorite too!). That was nice of Jason though, to say "sorry" - I bet that was cute.

This chick digs the long ball

Addicted Member

Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing this. When I read it, I thought of those 2 girls whose father was a pilot on one of the doomed planes and how Jeter gave them the VIP treatement. My heart melts when I read stories like this
    www.myspace.com/tabbycat31

The Source

They just showed the story on NBC nightly news with Tom Brokaw. He is the son of Capt. Brian Hickey. They didn't show the part with him saying Tino was his favorite player. But at the beginning of the interview, Matt Lauer asked him about his dad and the kid just broke down crying. It was heart breaking. Matt Lauer started crying too. But then he went on asking him about the Yankees and what he thought about Joe Torre. The kid looks up and says that he's grumpy. They showed the rest of the story, meeting Joe Torre, Jason Giambi and his fiancee. At the end of the broadcast, Tom Brokaw was so choked up that he had to stop before signing off. He said good night quickly and walked off camera. It was a very touching story.

Originally posted by cdmirra
    They just showed the story on NBC nightly news with Tom Brokaw. He is the son of Capt. Brian Hickey. They didn't show the part with him saying Tino was his favorite player.
    I had just finished telling my family all about the Today Show story when the Nightly News showed it again! They cut out quite a bit - time related, I'm sure ! But I'm glad more people were able to see it !

It would have been nice to see other Yankees there. But I'm sure they're scattered about the whole country by now!
    Nancy

Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle.

NYYF Cy Young

Thats why the Yanks rule america! they do wonderful things like that for their fans
    "Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. I cut off my p**** and feed it to spirits all the time. So what?"
    ~Patrick O.

Thread Information