+ Reply to Thread

New CF for the Orioles??

From Jason Stark on espn.com --

"Most signs point toward Chuck Knoblauch signing a one-year deal with the Royals this week. But Knoblauch's agent, Alan Hendricks, said one team has interest in Knoblauch as a center fielder. (Our best guess: Baltimore, which is looking for a leadoff man and center fielder.)"

Center fielder??? Ooooooh...this should be interesting.......
    [B][COLOR=navy]"I don't have any regrets with what I decided. This is the right time." -- Mike Mussina on his retirement, 11/20/2008[/COLOR] [/B]

I'll say!

OOOOOOOOH. MYYYYYYYYYYY. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS!!!

-#1YankeeLover

Sorry Knoblauch fans but that's a scary thought, Knobby playing Centerfield for the O's! What an adventure that would be!

-Deborah

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sport...spt-cub11.html

how about center field (or second base) for the cubbies?
    (thanks cdmirra, those daily news posts are the best!!)

i'm a huge knobby fan and would just be happy to see him keep on playing.

I think it is the Cubbies that are interested in Chuck as a LF, CF, or even 2nd baseman! This is what Baylor says.

Anyway, good luck to Chuck!

From today's Washington Post:

"In addition, an industry source said the Orioles have expressed interest in free agent Chuck Knoblauch as a center fielder, although Knoblauch is a natural second baseman who was moved to left field by the Yankees two years ago because of his many throwing errors. He has played five innings of center field in a 10-year career."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Dec10.html

I wouldn't wish the Orioles -- and Peter Asselos as a boss -- on anyone! For Chuck's sake, I hope he goes to the Royals or Cubs.
    [B][COLOR=navy]"I don't have any regrets with what I decided. This is the right time." -- Mike Mussina on his retirement, 11/20/2008[/COLOR] [/B]

Devoted Member
    Shel I read in today's Trib that the Cubs are interested too.. but I think as a second baseman.. Knobby playing CF??!! I don't wish that on him

Laura

It sure would be fun to see knoblauch try to play second base again. Maybe he could pull it off for a small market team like the Royals, but somehow I dont think so.

Thread Information