+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Guess where Schill was the day of the parade

He was on a cruise..you believe that. this was verified on 610 wip sports in Philly friday..a real slap in the face for the fans and the kids.

Are you serious?? That's pretty weak right there.

I thought he was at Randy Johnson's house stealing away the
    MVP award that they shared!!!!

I agree with you, Ron..............

That to me, seems like a major slap in the face to the D-Back fans. What was their response to that?

The Dbacks have fans?

Johnson should of got the MVP by himself, Curt lost game 7, but was saved by a miracle...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF Cy Young

Re: I agree with you, Ron..............

Originally posted by Yankee_AJE
    That to me, seems like a major slap in the face to the D-Back fans. What was their response to that?
    they probably didnt even notice.
    "Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. I cut off my p**** and feed it to spirits all the time. So what?"
    ~Patrick O.

Originally posted by NYYFAN
    Johnson should of got the MVP by himself, Curt lost game 7, but was saved by a miracle...
    I agree. Johnson won three games in the Series. He threw, what, over a hundred pitches in Game 6? And then he came back and mowed down the Yanks in Game 7. Shilling pitched very well, but would've lost Game 7 had the Yankees...well, we all know. Shilling was great, but the MVP trophy should belong only to Johnson.

As for Shilling missing the parade...I can see both sides to it. Apparently, it was some big family thing for he and his wife's anniversary, scheduled a while ago. On the one hand, it's a big family thing that would probably be hard to reschedule. On teh ther hand, who knows how many times you're going to win, and be MVP of, the World Series (hopefully only once for him). I'm assuming he's a millionare, I doubt it would've been a strain on his bank account to take another cruise later.

If it was one of the Yanks, I'd say the fans also deserve to congradulate their players, but in this case, I doubt anyone noticed or cared.

Giambi-bashing bewilders me pacewon's Avatar
    Schilling himself criticized those Arizona fans during the first round of the playoffs. His true colors came out. Figures he would skip their parade.

I'm assuming he's a millionare

Thats a good assumption

Originally posted by NYYRule

Thats a good assumption [/B]
    Yeah, I thought maybe I was going out on a limb, but I figured there's a good possibility that he has a few bucks

Re: Guess where Schill was the day of the parade

Originally posted by Ron
    He was on a cruise..you believe that. this was verified on 610 wip sports in Philly friday..a real slap in the face for the fans and the kids.
    Okay, changed my mind on this. I was reading an old article, from '99 following the Yanks parade, and it occured to me that Paul O'Neill's father died on the morning of Game 4, and he still came out for the parade, saying that he didn't want to let the fans down. If Paulie can make it after his father's death, I would think Shilling could rearange his schedule. Especially seeing as he's probably a millionare
    Last edited by mooyoo21; 11-11-01 at 11:28 PM.

NYYF MVP

Better that he didnt go...Most of the D-back's up there in the parade just talked more shi* .I would guess he saw this coming....this way he skips the entire event and nothing is heard from him...his manager should have tried that as well....

In any case though, is it really a legit WS parade if it's not the Yankees?
    I'm going to check with Legal on this one -- we may have a case for "imitation of a champion", a clear violation of USC 1.998 section 4

Weren't the Mets the first NY team to get a victory parade in 1969? I don't recall if the Yankees had any parades for championship teams prior to 1996

Can't wait till be beat him up for five runs in the first three innings of the opener ALCS this year.

That's really low...he skipped it? :rolleyes:

That was a pretty ................ty thing to do. If it wasn't for him, the Yanks would be having the parade. What an ass

nomaas...the other white meat PippyPinstripes's Avatar
    Not to pick, but what does this have to do with THE CHILDREN?

Originally posted by FutureYankee
    they probably didnt even notice.
    I agree, and same with the response: "The Dbacks have fans." Probably a quarter of the people at the World Series in Arizona are actual fans, while the other 3 quarters were just there to see a World Series and later claim they were fans.

NYYF MVP

Mt. Vernon, NY/ proudly born in the Bronx
    Originally posted by SI Baseballman
    Weren't the Mets the first NY team to get a victory parade in 1969? I don't recall if the Yankees had any parades for championship teams prior to 1996
    The Yanks had a victory parade after beating LA in 1977. I remember sneaking out of work to go see it.

I think the Mets had a parade in 1969, but I'm not 100% sure.......

NYYF Cy Young

Obviously when he made the vacation plans he wasn't planning on winning the World Series

Forum Regular

Originally posted by clacson
    The Dbacks have fans?
    Lol. No, they have Phoenix residents enjoying a day at the [amusement] park that is BOB...
    If they happen to catch a baseball game, it's a bonus...

The Dbacks have fans?
    Of course. They were the same guys who rooted for the Marlins in 1997...

As for Schilling, I just have to say it surprises me. He's from Arizona... that's the only reason he allowed violation of his no-trade clause from the Phillies. You'd think he'd really want to be there. I won't hold it against him; I'm sure he had his reasons, but it just really puts an exclamation point on things -- you can go on a cruise any time, but how many times, unless you're on the Yankees, does your team win the World Series?
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

Addicted Member

Their "fans" don't seem to be good ones. There were extra tickets for the World Series, sheesh.

Skipping out on a parade for fans that don't exist? Oh, that is shockingly evil. Hide the children.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    The Dbacks have fans?
    Sure they do. 1/3 in the desert, 1/3 in Queens, 1/3 in Bahstunned.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Thread Information