+ Reply to Thread
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Bahston getting spanked bad, 11-1 by Declawed, Toothless Tigers

Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Addicted Member

hahahahaha

(my evil little laugh)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    (my evil big laugh)

I guess that the little tabby decided to go maneating and had some Socks for dinner. Red as in blood.

Meow!!!

JY
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Sox now its over, and they don't care.

The sad part is this isn't just their fans, it's their team *AND* their fans. Heck, neither one even wants to fight back no more. With all that stuff about Carl, Nomar, Pedro, Manny being a wrecking crew on the Yanks and Tribe, they don't even squeak like a mouse now. I heard that in the whole offseason & ST, they told Tribe fans "REMINDER: WE HAVE MANNY". For stuff like this, I say good for 'em.

JY

NYYF HOF

LOL.

Casey
    We have enough youth.
    How about a fountain of "smart"?

Some things never change huh?

Don't just take my word for it. Check out these:

Tribe, BoSox, Yankees.

Now you'll have to remember, Manny was home-grown, I've heard. Can you imagine some stealing Jete or Mo from right underneath our noses due to FA, then reminding you all in off season before the ink has even dried from signing on the dotted line, then again in ST, all throughout the season that they've got the guy you prepped to be a big superstar?

I've heard that Manny was po'd that Tribe management wasn't paying him his worth. He should've come to George instead. Anyway, that would surely make Tribe fans mad. Now that the Sox are obviously out of contention (finally official), Tribe fans still won't let up. Sox fans try steering them to the Yankee or Seattle forums, since they're the likely postseason competition, but Tribe fans still smart strongly about the taking of their superstar. That's from what I've got in reading between the lines.

JY

It's only 6-zip now by Tampon Bay.

JY

NYYF Legend

Its really funny. They'll be below .500!

This is beyond ridiculous, to going to sad. The MLB standings read 77-79, which is .494 or 16.5 GB. This from a team which led 85% or so of the first half, spanked the Yankees by as much as 5 ahead, for which you couldn't get the Sox fans to shut up even if you paid them Manny's money. Now the same ones can't even be encouraged to come out of hiding.

A week or two before the break, Sox fans were saying the Yankees would lose the lead after 48 hours. Not *ONCE* after the break did the Sox take 1st place, since the Yankees took the lead for good. No one even counts the number of games the Yankees are ahead, since we're now 31 games >.500 after Mo did the ol' 1-2-3.

The sad part is that beginning in March, the neurotic Sox fans do it all over again with the bragging, the taunts, the smack talk and all that and they'll choke again on schedule, like always. Different year, same results.

JY

Now Sux even admit they got a can opened up on them:

Devil Rays rout Red Sox again
    The Associated Press
    Tuesday, October 2, 2001

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- Paul Wilson allowed two runs over seven innings as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays routed the Boston Red Sox again, 10-3 Tuesday night.

Wilson (8-9), who twice worked out of bases loaded jams, has won six of eight decisions since rejoining the rotation in late July. He allowed 11 hits.

The Devil Rays (59-98), winners of seven of nine, also beat the Red Sox 10-3 Monday. Tampa Bay is trying to avoid becoming the first AL team to lose 100 games since the 1996 Detroit Tigers (53-109).

The Red Sox (77-79) fell two-games under .500 for the first time since Apr. 9, 2000. Boston has dropped nine of 11 and have just six wins over the past 29 games.

Tampa Bay scored four times off Casey Fossum (3-2) in the first inning.

Ben Grieve had an RBI double. Randy Winn made it 2-0 on a fielder's choice. After Toby Hall scored on a balk, Jose Guillen completed the rally with a run-scoring double.

Fossum, who gave up six runs and eight hits in four innings, was scheduled to leave the team after the game to be with his pregnant wife. Red Sox manager Joe Kerrigan said doctor's planned to induce labor Wednesday.

Brent Abernathy hit a run-scoring triple and Steve Cox added a sacrifice fly that put Tampa Bay up 6-0 after two innings.

The Devil Rays went up 7-0 in the fifth when Chris Gomez scored on Willie Banks wild pitch.

The Red Sox loaded the bases with no outs in the first, but failed to score. Wilson struck out Brian Daubach and Morgan Burkhart before getting an inning-ending flyball from Scott Hatteberg.

Boston again came up empty with the bases loaded and one out in the fourth. Wilson avoided damage by getting a 5-4-3 double play from James Lofton.

The Red Sox finally scored on their third bases loaded opportuntity when Brian Daubach hit a two-run double in the seventh. Daubach has eight RBIs during an eight-game hitting streak.

Tampa Bay took a 10-2 lead in the bottom of the inning. Abernathy scored with two outs when left fielder Izzy Alcantara dropped Grieve's fly, Hall had an RBI double and Cox added a run-scoring single.

Chris Stynes homered in the ninth for the Red Sox.

Notes:@ Fossum hit three batters, giving Boston a major league-high 93. ... Red Sox OF Manny Ramirez hit in the cage and reported soreness in his injured left wrist. He was kept out of the starting lineup for the fourth straight game. ... Tampa Bay has a double in 40 straight games. It's the third longest streak over the past five years. ... Boston LF Darren Lewis got his 1000th career hit with a first-inning single. ... The Devil Rays are 32-37 since the All-Star break.

Thread Information