+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Addicted Member

Over in Seattle...

&po'd&

The M's are trailing the Rays 1-0 after 3. Cox's solo homer is the only hit allowed by Garcia. Sturtze has given up 3 hits and a walk with 1K, but he's thrown a lot of pitches.

What's bothering me here is the Mariners' lineup. Every regular starter is in the game. Last night, Olerud was the only starter scratched from the lineup... and he was brought in late to pinch hit. Seattle has already clinched a playoff berth. Their magic number in the West is 7... *7*! What's more is they're playing the worst team in baseball, practically a AAA team. Didn't Lou promise back in early August that he would start regularly resting players? It's now September, a division title is all but assured, and they're playing a bunch of kids... yet he has his big 9 in the game. This man has claimed that he doesn't care about the Yanks' '98 W-L record. You know what I say? Bull. He's obviously chasing the record with a passion. The Yanks, meanwhile, finished their last two games with almost every starter out of the lineup at one point. Ok, granted you had the early morning travel Sunday night and the huge blowout tonight... but I don't doubt that Torre would be benching his starters anyway, to give them rests and to evaluate his replacement options come the postseason. Doesn't Lou care about keeping his starters strong? About September strategy? He has a huge buffer zone in the West to freely experiment with the rest of his team, yet he's still putting his top guys out to the plate and field every night. What the Hell is this?!

You know what... let them have the damned record. Let them all be drenched by October so our wupping of them can be humiliating in addition to eliminating. Assholes.

&po'd&

Giambi-bashing bewilders me pacewon's Avatar
    Lou is a hypocrite and he wants that record more than he wants anything else.

Released Outright
    Piniella is a bigger liar than Cone, and that's saying A LOT..

Come on, do you really think that bad karma Lou is gonna beat out good old Joe T. if they face each other in October ?

Also, did you know that the Mariners are allowing fans to SCALP playoff tickets, as long as the Mariners organization gets 20 % of any proceeds ! Basically the Mariners are re-selling fans' tickets thru their own bulletin board..

People & MLB are outraged, can find this story from papers about 2 weeks ago. More bad karma for them.

Also one more thing, let them burn out their starters..

Moyer, Martinez, McClemore, Nelson, Charlton and Olerud aren't exactly spring chickens.

Addicted Member

Originally posted by TEAM OCTOBER

Also, did you know that the Mariners are allowing fans to SCALP playoff tickets, as long as the Mariners organization gets 20 % of any proceeds ! Basically the Mariners are re-selling fans' tickets thru their own bulletin board..
    I did not know that. And it just proves correct everything I say about the M's.

In retrospect, now, this is actually working out pretty well. All those superhuman M's starters have still failed to put anything on the board against Sturtze. It's still 1-0 Rays. If the TB bullpen can hold onto this one (eh, who am I kidding? :rolleyes: ) the loss would be even sweeter. Lou keeps all his #1 guys in there to chase our '98 W-L record... and they can't even score a run, let alone get a win, against TB.

Addicted Member

Originally posted by B5andYankeeFan

If the TB bullpen can hold onto this one (eh, who am I kidding? :rolleyes: )
    Speak the Devil's name and he shall appear...

Zambrano comes in to relieve Sturtze and after hitting Boone with a pitch, he gives up a HR to Cameron. 2-1 Seattle. He then promptly proceeds to retire the next two hitters. :rolleyes:

Released Outright
    No offense B5, but can this please be the last time for a little while that you do a post on the M's game updates ?

It seems this is the third time in a row you've "unjinxed" them.

Released Outright
    GOOD NEWS, for Clemens at least, Garcia doesn't get his 16th win !!

2-2 in the 9th now, as Sasaki blew it, a leadoff double, a FC to 1st, and a single by our "buddy" Abernathy...

Let's go Winn !!!

Released Outright
    B5, Tampa scored 6 runs with 2 OUTS off Paniagua in the 10th INN. !!

TAMPA 8 M's 3 a Final..

I'll make a deal, whenever I can get on the net during a M's game, let me get in on the M's thread, if it's a close M's game.

Worked like a charm tonight.

The Source

I love those Devil Rays!!!

Tampa Bay Inning Summary (Top of the 10th)
    ..Hall grounded out to third.
    ..Norm Charlton relieved Kazuhiro Sasaki.
    ..Grieve walked.
    ..Jose Paniagua relieved Norm Charlton.
    ..J Guillen hit for Huff.
    ..J Guillen singled to right, Grieve to second.
    ..Rolls ran for Grieve.
    ..Ru Johnson grounded into fielder's choice to third, Rolls to third, J Guillen out at second.
    ..F Martinez singled to center, Rolls scored, Ru Johnson to third.
    ..Tyner reached on bunt single to pitcher, Ru Johnson scored, F Martinez to second.
    ..F Martinez to third, Tyner to second on Paniagua wild pitch.
    ..Abernathy singled to right, F Martinez and Tyner scored.
    ..Winn singled to center, Abernathy scored.
    ..S Cox doubled to center, Winn scored.

Giambi-bashing bewilders me pacewon's Avatar
    Paniagua sucks. You'll see just what that M's pen is made of in the postseason. It's overrated as can get and they'll be eaten alive.

nomaas...the other white meat PippyPinstripes's Avatar
    WHY is Seattle having so many problems with these joke teams?

Mind you, I'm not complaining!

They look more and more touchable every day.
    And in the end, the love you take
    is equal to the love you make

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    GOOD NEWS, for Clemens at least, Garcia doesn't get his 16th win !!

2-2 in the 9th now, as Sasaki blew it, a leadoff double, a FC to 1st, and a single by our "buddy" Abernathy...

Let's go Winn !!!
    That's good news for the Sandman also, since he's not the only 40+ Save fireman to get a BL SV. To further brighten my day, the McGriff-less TB AAA's 6-run 10th won 8-3.

I'll take it!!!
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Originally posted by PippyPinstripes
    WHY is Seattle having so many problems with these joke teams?

Mind you, I'm not complaining!

They look more and more touchable every day.
    Rumor has it that you must hit 100 first before you can hit 115. If they take neither the 115 nor the WS (especially less a sweep nor Perfect Game that same year), well, I guess that the Yankees will have to do that for them.

Just think, we *could've* had a Perfect Game the other day, and we just have a *very good chance* of clinching a 4-peat.

Keep losing, M's. Let Tampon Bay hit you in the knee caps and soften you up a bit. You'll see.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

The Source

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee
    That's good news for the Sandman also, since he's not the only 40+ Save fireman to get a BL SV. To further brighten my day, the McGriff-less TB AAA's 6-run 10th won 8-3.

I'll take it!!!
    It was his 3rd blown save in his last 9 chances.

Career Minor Leaguer 1TonHumanHamsterWheel's Avatar
    Lou's still using all his starters? They'll all get hurt and overworked, and then they won't have enough steam down the stretch to get the record.
    Then the Indians will SWEEP them in the playoffs, and they'll forever be remembered as the team that couldn't hold a 12-run lead.
    Imperium Referiat!

When I walked in through the door/ Thought it was me I was looking for/ She was the first song I ever sang/ But it stopped as soon as it began...

NYYF Triple Crown

Well they have to win 15 of 23 and they are still 2 games behind the great '98 Yanks, I said it before and will say it again they won't break the record of the '98 Yanks and will fall short by 1 or 2 games, hopefully more. They have to face the Angels, Texas and Oakland (for 6) and they are having trouble with the no so good teams lately.

Originally posted by 1TonHumanHamsterWheel
    Lou's still using all his starters? They'll all get hurt and overworked, and then they won't have enough steam down the stretch to get the record.
    Then the Indians will SWEEP them in the playoffs, and they'll forever be remembered as the team that couldn't hold a 12-run lead.
    That would be beautiful!!

Career Minor Leaguer 1TonHumanHamsterWheel's Avatar
    Well those M's buckeld down and now lead 11-6 in the 7th. Looks like they'll get #100 tonight. &po'd&
    Imperium Referiat!

When I walked in through the door/ Thought it was me I was looking for/ She was the first song I ever sang/ But it stopped as soon as it began...

Addicted Member

They still struggled against Tampa Bay in all 3 games, though. If a series against the worst team in baseball (minus an injured Greg Vaughn) turns out to be a struggle for the M's, they should have plenty of trouble against Texas, Oakland, and maybe even Anaheim, not to mention the playoff teams that will follow.

They may get #100 tonight, but their chances of getting #114 are bleak. They have to win 14 out of their last 22, which seems simple to a .700+ team, but if Oakland stays strong (we can only hope) Seattle's last few games will very tough. And you know Lou is racing for that record, so he'll push all his star players to their limits in those last games, leaving Seattle nice and ripe for an ALDS ass-wupping. If the Tribe pulls ahead of us in the standings, we'll be there to hand it to them. If not, well, we'll just play who we play. I'd really like to see the Yanks knock the M's out of the playoffs because everyone's been anticipating the reverse.

9 runs in 2 innings. *wow*, you gotta worry about these people when riled up like this. Getting "batty" at the plate wasn't what I had in mind.

Andy, bring your arm over here, make sure it's feeling "Mahvelous", as Mr. *61 would say.

Originally posted by cdmirra
    It was his 3rd blown save in his last 9 chances.
    I hope he manages to blow this one the way Rocker blew that game when he was traded to the Tribe. 5 runs give up in the 9th and the game was lost. If TB catches up like 12-9 and this happens, I'll join Slippery on Cloud Nine.

Addicted Member

9 runs in 2 innings off the worst pitching staff in baseball. A pitching staff that still managed to limit the mighty M's to 6 runs in 2 extended games previously. Worried? Nah.

Released Outright
    Some more good news for the 1998 Yankee record >

I feel that it will be A-hog's personal mission to win at least 3 games by himself vs the M's. (Rangers play them 7 times)

There is no way he wants the team he JUST LEFT to have the most wins ever in AL or MLB...

The 3 diff times a year he and the Rangers go back to Seattle he would be reminded of that by the fans and the papers...

NYYF Triple Crown

Some more good news for the 1998 Yankee record >

I feel that it will be A-hog's personal mission to win at least 3 games by himself vs the M's. (Rangers play them 7 times)

There is no way he wants the team he JUST LEFT to have the most wins ever in AL or MLB...

The 3 diff times a year he and the Rangers go back to Seattle he would be reminded of that by the fans and the papers...
    Its typical of Seattle's year that they get to face the Rangers without Pudge, like they need any help to win, Geez!!

Thread Information